Shpongle CD signed...guess how much..

visine

Bullshit.  You're totally putting words in his mouth there.  He's not saying "well, if you want a signed copy, then show me what you would pay for it".  All he's saying there is "if you want to buy a signed copy of the album from my own collection, you can do so here".  I bet if you wrote him a nice letter and sent him your own copy of the album he'd sign it no problem.  Or if you asked him politely at a party.

498372[/snapback]

Okay. No, he isn't saying it, I admit that.

But to me it appears that he kinda says like that, you know? I as a fan feel mocked at with this action. Kinda. When he does sign stuff anyway then why is he selling the signed copy then, wouldn't make much sense, would it? Or are the people that bid so much for it a bunch of complete idiots?

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest antic

But to me it appears that he kinda says like that, you know? I as a fan feel mocked at with this action. Kinda. When he does sign stuff anyway then why is he selling the signed copy then, wouldn't make much sense, would it? Or are the people that bid so much for it a bunch of complete idiots?

498389[/snapback]

Your last sentence. People are morons and if I (and probably all of us) could sell their signed CD for that price I wouldn't think twice.

What is so wrong when someone uses their popularity to earn money? I'm so fucking sick and tired of this philosophy that artists should be starving and dying poorly, because only then they can really create an art! It's not like he made people buy the CD - they did it out of their free will. And if someone is stupid enough to pay 130$ instead of sending him CD and asking for an autograph, then I don't know what words to use to not insult him ;):D

Edited by antic

498389[/snapback]

more like that imo, or "capitalists".

unless there is a good reason for that.

IMO

And if someone is stupid enough to pay 130$ instead of sending him CD and asking for an autograph, then I don't know what words to use to not insult him ;):D

498408[/snapback]

Perhaps someone wanted to not only get the autographed album but also by buying it support his/her fav artist?

Do a search on Ebay for autographs and you will see an endless stream of pages of autographs for sale. Some fans simply like them and others are willing to pay money for them. I think from a general uneducated fan's (and that is most people, despite what many may think not all, or even many, psy-fans spend their time on internet forums like this) point of view, what Simon was doing is pretty cool.

Most fans simply don't realize how terribly small the psy-scene really is and that you "could" probably send a letter asking for something to be signed. The average fan considers even smaller scale artists and djs often only slightly less uncontactable than rock stars, not to mention that its not like our psy-artists are travelling to every corner of the globe so all a fan has to do is wait around for the tour to swing through their neighborhood. The chance for a fan to buy something personalized and directly from the artist I can very easily see being seen as a blessing to many fans who will never get a chance to get in "personal contact" with artists.

Personally I think the fuss here is just plain blown out of proportion and, in my opinion, somewhat further biased by the fact that recently its been the "in thing" to bash Simon Posford here. If he suddenly came out and made a statement saying "I'll sign anyone's cd jacket for free if you mail it to me" just as many people would get upset and claim he was being a egotistical moron for thinking he is so good that people want his autograph. He's damned if he does and damned if he doesn't. Get over it, he's just a guy supplying some people with something they obviously want. Yeah higher ideals and all might argue that it would be much cooler if he only did such things for free or what not, but get over it. This is the real world and the psy-industry in general is losing money hand over fist.

Guest antic

Perhaps  someone wanted to not only get the autographed album but also by buying it support his/her fav artist?

498455[/snapback]

I just might be right. I wish it could be possible that all artists would publish their Paypal accounts and we could send them money if we liked their CDs or lives, whaterver.

Ofcourse, if one would release a crap album he should also be prepared for people charging him to get their money back... ;):D

I just might be right. I wish it could be possible that all artists would publish their Paypal accounts and we could send them money if we liked their CDs or lives, whaterver.

498466[/snapback]

Good idea - I'll start.

Please send your donations to O_O_O_D@yahoo.com ;)

(Cangrejo it's ok, you don't have to).