The New Chapter

Symphoid

So I finished a new track titled The New Chapter

I'm a huge fan of both electronic and orchestral music and try my best to blend the two. This piece was written for a friend who is going through a very difficult time in her life. The music starts off delicate and as it progresses becomes more and more triumphant. I wanted to give her a little piece of hope as she steps into a new chapter of her life. Oh and she'll hear it for the first time this weekend so i hope she likes it :ph34r:

All in all, this piece was inspired by Vangelis and many years of playing RPGs.

I hope you likey.

The New Chapter

Um...wow, dude.

That's some totally ambitious stuff there. Lots going on.

I really like the long, delicate, early Boards of Canada-ish build-up, and I especially like the melody that repeats a few times starting at around 3:00, which is EXTREMELY catchy. I can't say I'm too much of a fan of the orchestral elements, although yeah, they are very Vangelis-like (the later stuff), I agree. For some reason I don't hear IDM mixing with classical in that sense, at least not that blatantly, but maybe that's just me. But I also really like the intricacy of your rhythms and other textural components.

I like my music zen-like, so it was a little "busy" for my own very private taste, but I can totally appreciate the work you put into it and the high quality and musicality of what you've done. Very triumphant, indeed. Would make a great soundtrack to a large-scale IMAX nature documentary of some sort. If your friend doesn't appreciate it, she's crazy.

Will very much enjoy hearing what you bring to the table in the future. You're clearly very talented. ;)

wow, thanks Otto, your words are much appreciated. i know not too many people dig the orchestral elements of my tunes, but i can't help adhering to my roots. Soundtracks/scoring are where i want to showcase my work so reading your review put a smile on my face. :)

Guest Cosmogenesis

Man, it isn't necessary to make some comments on your track, because with one wor it is A.M.A.Z.I.N.G! :) Be proud of your excellent work: you have perfectly refound the spirit sense of Vangelis orchestra, and create with it a wonderful journey, intro and outro symbolizing the beginning and the end of it. The first two minutes remind me atmosphere of some Ultimae releases, but, after, the evolution of the track starts to be dynamic, trancey, with variations between atmospheric pause and energetic bass phase. The apotheosis of the finishing sounds very orchestral! :)

Can't wait to listen more tracks from you! :D

This is one of the best tracks from you yet! Just magnificent atmospheres and sonic beautyness! How could one even describe this in words? It's so innovative and unique (as your stuff always).

If this is on the cd I'm a happy man. :)

The way to recognize a great artist/group is to imagine if his/her/their music wouldn't be there... would there be anything similar left?

In this case I'd say no, there would not be any left. If Billy wasn't doing this stuff, no one would (obviously because 1) not many have the interest to make similar music 2) it takes a huge amount if skill :) )

keep on 'grooving' :)

:)  thanks oopi, those were some incredibly generous words. oh, and yes, this is on the CD:)

494521[/snapback]

you've sweated for those words mate :) how long did it take to compose this piece btw?

I'm so waiting the cd to arrive! (maybe even with some other, more herbal, goodies :-) ) I'm sure I won't be dissapointed. :)

this, my lovely bed, little something for the mind and spirit, perfect!

oh, i just wrote it last night.

j/k. actually i've gone back and forth on this track for months. sometimes it made me so mad i had to stay away from it for a couple weeks. eventually i just kicked myself in the ass and said "FINISH IT! so here it is

Symphoid you've made a pretty solid tune here. Rich soundscapes accompaning mild melodies. Great for deep peaceful nights.

You've chosen avery good rhytm (and drum samples), fits perfectly. As far as I can tell, the sound quality is just OK, everything sounds as it has to etc. I can feel a great amount of work behind the whole song, very admirable stuff ;)

It's a bit too much inspired by Vangelis :), I hear Blade Runner from it, especially in the chords and during the intro sequence. I love vangelis though, so not a big problem at all...

BTW what RPGs?

:blink: :blink: :blink: Duuude WTF.. this is F*CKING amazing track!!! I love it!!! You should write electronic symphony (album) with stuff like this.. I'd buy it ASAP! Nothing more to say.

ps. may I bother you with some stupid music theory questions some day?

I'm so waiting the cd to arrive! (maybe even with some other, more herbal, goodies :-) ) I'm sure I won't be dissapointed. :)

494525[/snapback]

Hey Oopi... could you burn me a copy when you get the CD?

Hey Oopi... could you burn me a copy when you get the CD?

495281[/snapback]

Yes sir, I'll burn you a copy and give it to you when we meet at the warm up @ traveller's. I mean, you're coming right, right? :)

Magnificent! It just glides you along from a dreamy state in the beginning, to a strong triumph in the end. It is a very relaxing and comforting tune. The tune almost feels like an sonic metamorphosis. I am sure your friend will like it. :)

I can expect to hear more tunes like this? On a compilation? On an album?

:blink: :blink: :blink:  Duuude WTF.. this is F*CKING amazing track!!! I love it!!! You should write electronic symphony (album) with stuff like this.. I'd buy it ASAP! Nothing more to say.

ps. may I bother you with some stupid music theory questions some day?

495264[/snapback]

hey, thanks shpongled. that was a great message to wake up to. I've got many more tunes in the works with a similar style. I'll definitely post them when completed.

I'd be more than happy to answer any questions you have about music theory even though my knowledge is very limited on the subject. After all, I really suck at reading music :lol:

Very nice !!

i think daze is gonna love it

495291[/snapback]

Cool, thanks W-p :)

Magnificent! It just glides you along from a dreamy state in the beginning, to a strong triumph in the end. It is a very relaxing and comforting tune. The tune almost feels like an sonic metamorphosis. I am sure your friend will like it.  :)

I can expect to hear more tunes like this? On a compilation? On an album?

495294[/snapback]

Awesome! I'm glad that this tune was able to transport you. I definitely will have more music like this, most likely on an album.

My friend listened to it last Friday night. She really liked it and said "I can't believe you wrote this for me!"

Guest Cosmogenesis

hey, thanks shpongled. that was a great message to wake up to. I've got many more tunes in the works with a similar style. I'll definitely post them when completed.

I'd be more than happy to answer any questions you have about music theory even though my knowledge is very limited on the subject. After all, I really suck at reading music  :lol:

Cool, thanks W-p  :)

Awesome! I'm glad that this tune was able to transport you. I definitely will have more music like this, most likely on an album.

My friend listened to it last Friday night. She really liked it and said "I can't believe you wrote this for me!"

495707[/snapback]

Why not to give your track for the Chatnik compilation, Symphoid? I'm sure that he will appreciate to have a such piece in his double cd album. :)

Really good work Symphoid!

I love your track. Now, give us more with this style :D

Edit: I have only one thing to complain about :P The kicks + crashes @ 2:00 and forward are too identical imo. I would change the crash on some of those. But hey...Thats just me. Other than that. Splendid track!

Thanks for the feedback Insejn. I've got more in the works in this style. You're right about the crashes, i'll tweak that section over the weekend.

Why not to give your track for the Chatnik compilation, Symphoid? I'm sure that he will appreciate to have a such piece in his double cd album.  :)

495766[/snapback]

I guess I can direct him to the link and he can tell me if it would work with the compilation