Astral Projection

Guest The Journey Man Project

Guest The Journey Man Project

yes well here is my AP topic hehe... although I know AP have done so much for the melodic side of Goa all there earlier albums have grown really broing over timem the only Goa act t this for me... the only works of theres under the A.P name that offer me any more excitment are Mahadeva and Powergen... Another World is still for me there best work, but Trust In Trance, Dancing Galaxy and Amen just have gotten old and dusty... it is in this that it doesn't surprise me they are moving into full on style as to keep doing the ame stuff is just mind numbingly boring, I'm really surprised they got so many albms out of the style, so many of the tracks are soooo similar... Another World and The Astral Files are the exception IMHO... byt work such as Abn Don, S.F.X etc. never get old for me...

just had to t get this out...

I quite like AP. And surprisingly (in contrary to all the people that say past was good, present is crap) I'm still liking them. I liked Trust In Trance, I liked Dancing Galaxy (in fact this was the song that brought me to AP back then), I don't know the whole Amen album, but what I know of it I find pretty decent too. I also found that sample of Open Society decent. I dunno, I still find them not bad ... but if they get really crap fullon then I'll also not like them anymore :P

If they drop by here for a live set I'd be one of the first that would go see 'em.

What they releaseis for me really crap fullon, i think it´s fullon of the worst sort, fucking rolling bassline, typical fullon panning, typical bad sounding synths that really hurt almost any ears and the long stops before startink a melody, but i am most dissapointed about the rolling bassline, it sounds so bad, they can´t do that, i loved them earlier but now they suck big time for me.

Their last works are blunt, but their classics are great. But i do not mean the most renowned classics e.g I do not find anything in Nilaya and People Can Fly, but in some other pieces.

:wub:

Their last works are blunt, but their classics are great. But i do not mean the most renowned classics e.g I do not find anything in Nilaya and People Can Fly, but in some other pieces.

:wub:

486196[/snapback]

I like very much some remixes like Free Tibet RMX or Dancing Galaxy RMX and so on

Guest Cosmogenesis

What they releaseis for me really crap fullon, i think it´s fullon of the worst sort, fucking rolling bassline, typical fullon panning, typical bad sounding synths that really hurt almost any ears and the long stops before startink a melody, but i am most dissapointed about the rolling bassline, it sounds so bad, they can´t do that, i loved them earlier but now they suck big time for me.

486124[/snapback]

Totally agree with Radi, and more if the "Open Society" will sound like a "DJ Condom album"! It will be my biggest disappointment in my entire experience of old goa listener! I'm not sure, but maybe Astral Projection will make a big surprise. We don't have heard about them, about their upcoming album since a pretty long time. I have the sensation they are working very hard for the "Open Society" album, because they already know that all their fans are waiting too much things about it, especially after the "TEN" remixes disillusion... They know that they will put on the game, with this new album, the future of their artist career.

So, we will see...

Guest Astro Cortex

Nilaya is about the only AP track I still seriously enjoy. The rest has lost its magic for me unfortuntely (same thing as with a lot of other old Goa trance), except maybe the last two (SFX) tracks on Trust in Trance II.

Please buy Dancing Galaxy instead of TIT/TIT3! It's got 4 tremendous, magic, emotional blissful super-tracks that make the prize worth it! (and 4 not so good but still competent).

IT RULES!

another dillema for snowball:

which ap album should i get?oh life is so hard!! :P

anw just to give you some examples ,i find sfx-butterfly trip to be maybe the best track i have ever heard!!!

(not just from ap,but in general,it just cliks with me)

so,any reccomendations?? :)

Guest Cosmogenesis

i see! :angry:

errm,is another world included in the crapies,or everything after that is crap?

486402[/snapback]

Are you crazy? "Another World" included in the crapies? This album is one of the best goa albums all-time! After it, Amen was a disappointment of course, not so good like the precedent perfect albums (Trust in Trance 3, Astral Files, Dancing Galaxy & Another World), but the album contains however a few good tracks like Nexus for example.

Amen wasn´t that dissapointing imo, the tracks are made by the good old synths and some tracks wre really like oldschool, nexus was superb but Amen was still good, or Technodrome, the rest was a bit below moderate IMO. For example Ten is one of the woreset albums i know.

Are you crazy? "Another World" included in the crapies? This album is one of the best goa albums all-time! After it, Amen was a disappointment of course, not so good like the precedent perfect albums (Trust in Trance 3, Astral Files, Dancing Galaxy & Another World), but the album contains however a few good tracks like Nexus for example.

486407[/snapback]

for fucks sake,i am just asking,kill me allready!!! :angry::huh:

wtf man,as you can see i am searching for old school ap here,dont jump on me like that!!! :blink:

Guest Cosmogenesis

for fucks sake,i am just asking,kill me allready!!! :angry:  :huh:

wtf man,as you can see i am searching for old school ap here,dont jump on me like that!!! :blink:

486414[/snapback]

Sorry, man, if I have manifested a little brutality with my answer!Don't care about this!It wasn't my intention! ;)

You know, we are both astral brothers! :D

Amen wasn´t that dissapointing imo, the tracks are made by the good old synths and some tracks wre really like oldschool, nexus was superb but Amen was still good, or Technodrome, the rest was a bit below moderate IMO. For example Ten is one of the woreset albums i know.

486412[/snapback]

Yes, yes, this is actually true. I forgot to mention this desastrous piece of crap called TEN. Apart from this stinker I like APs albums quite well though, also the Amen that so many people bitch about. And I am also still looking forward to Open Society (after all Ten wasn't by AP themselves, it was just a remix album) ... but when it's crap "DJ condom in da wrong hole"-stuff I'm off :P

Sorry, man, if I have manifested a little brutality with my answer!Don't care about this!It wasn't my intention!  ;)

You know, we are both astral brothers!  :D

486430[/snapback]

no worries brother!!!! :):)

I also think that their first 4 albums are pure perfection and will never lose the touch with them, they are true classics of the genre and will always stay like that, however I did get tired with Amen apart of course of stunning Nexus and Electric Blue and everything they made after that was not even remotely close to any of their previous works and I don't agree of them sounding the same all the time as someone said. They have been listening too much to that crap and decided to make this new nonsense but after I saw them live just recently I have lost all hopes cause new stuff sounded just plain and generic without any magic they previously had. I am sorry to say this guys but they've lost it. :(