Most Beautiful Ambient cd....

Guest Slidingtrancer

Spyra - Future Of Past

The Kumba Mela Expiriment- East Of The River Ganges...

Why has nobody mentioned something by Pete Namlook, he has some soothing stuff out there and so does Biosphere

• 4 months later...
  • 4 years later...

You psychill kids don't know what you're missing =)

It's a tough choice, near impossible in fact, but I'd like to nominate this:

http://www.discogs.com/release/205127

For a single track I must say "Living The Dream" off of this one is totally amazing:

http://www.discogs.com/release/237164

...however as a whole that album is slightly uneven, as refleced by the votes. But track 2... oh my.

You psychill kids don't know what you're missing =)

It's a tough choice, near impossible in fact, but I'd like to nominate this:

http://www.discogs.com/release/205127

610960[/snapback]

I have part 1 of that but it gave me a headache trying to listen to it :(

Should give it another try sometime.

I have part 1 of that but it gave me a headache trying to listen to it  :(

Should give it another try sometime.

611009[/snapback]

a headache? You have GOT to be kidding me? It's among the most subtle music ever created in the history of mankind!

Then my copy must be warped! I found it really whooshy!

611016[/snapback]

well duh, it's ambient =) I guess you could theoretically get a headache from it if you played it at full blast (but then again that goes for pretty much anything); this is obviously music for low volume listening. Think of it as audio insence.

well duh, it's ambient =) I guess you could theoretically get a headache from it if you played it at full blast (but then again that goes for pretty much anything); this is obviously music for low volume listening. Think of it as audio insence.

611019[/snapback]

Yeah, it's ambient but this was too whooshy. I didn't play it too loud. Must have been my mood at the time. I'll give it another try sometime.

Yeah, it's ambient but this was too whooshy. I didn't play it too loud. Must have been my mood at the time. I'll give it another try sometime.

611026[/snapback]

In one way I can sort of see what you mean, but in my opinion Steve Roach does this kind of cosmic ambient better than anyone else, and I find a depth in his music way beyond the new-agey drivel usually associated with these sorts of sounds. It's not just big chords through a really expensive reverb; there is intelligent thought and purpose behind everything. The more I listen to his music, the more am in awe of his genious.

But as with all genres, it can take a while to develop the appropriate set of ears; You can't listen to this the same way as you would listen to shpongle, it won't make sense that way. Maybe it would be better for the beginner Roach listener to try some of his rhythmic stuff... I would suggest Core as starting point, and then see if the purely atmospheric stuff makes more sense in that contex.

good choice ukiro..

I would choose ...eh some Biosphere or Vidna Obmana or Robert Rich or Steve Roach.. or..

Stevie Be Zet - Archaic Modulation

Tom Heasley - Desert Triptych

If it was to choose Robert Rich I would choose Humidity , for it being 3 CD's..

Could compromise between Vidna Obmana & Steve Roach by taking their double collaboration album, Well Of Souls..

eh...

hard choice , really.

and then there's the whole idm/ambient genre , Displacer, Ab Ovo , etc...

:unsure::unsure:

for something very melodic in a classical way but still electronic/atmospheric: Constance Demby - Novus Magnificat

new age/classical/spacemusic... check it out with patience and open mind and without prejudice... I will say that it made me cry and that's exceptional... if you can connect with it, you will reach a mental orgasm.. I know this sounds new age cheesy, but it can really be a profound experience......just form your own judgement and forget about music classifications

Why don't you just try some elevator music. :D

I hope it works out =) The full 4CD box is one of the most important records in my collection.

611609[/snapback]

It felt a lot more relaxing this time. I'm going to give it more time to work on me & look for CDs 3 & 4.