"All the psy worth listening equals like... 50 CDs

Cinos

Guest Alternative

I've realized that... old or new, all the psy ever released is very similar to... all the psy ever released. Every track is too alike the other, and innovation is minimal.

Every good track ever made in this scene could fit on ~50 CDs.  :(

449538[/snapback]

damn you really have no vieuw about the evolution of goa and all the directions it went too,

if you do and I'm wrong,

stop listening to goa, you had it, sorry, time to envolve

easy ;)

Can see your point, but if you listened to 10 cd's a week you'd be repeating every 5 weeks or so. the larger and more varied your collection the better your listening experience is going to be, given the law of diminishing returns and the need for novelty. so i'd say minimum of 1000 :blink::blink::blink: what is this about anyway? :angry:

all the psy ever released is very similar to... all the psy ever released. Every track is too alike the other, and innovation is minimal.

first of all, I'd REALLY like you to show me just what do these tracks have in common:

Astral Projection - People Can Fly

Penta - Inverter

Battle of the Future Buddhas - Reverse Vertigo Syndrome

The Delta - Def By Delta

Jaia - Orchestra 2.0

Ka Sol - Skraqp

GMS - Higher

Nystagymus - Tommy is Dead

if by "similar" you mean that they all have a 4 on-the-floor kick then agreed but other than that...

and anyway, tastes change as time goes by. For example I only mildly liked dark trance a year ago, now I can't get enough of it. On the other hand, AP was my all-time fave act for years and years but now that I've listened to every track for a million times it doesn't do squat for me. That's when having more than 50 CDs in you collection comes in handy ;) But I agree, spending 100% of you time listening to psytrance becomes boring. You should take little breakes and explore other genres, then usually when you go back to psytrance you realize that nothing is quite like it ;)

Enigma, Chemical Brothers, Aphex Twin, even some Stone Roses.  :)

449549[/snapback]

this is good for you. check out some old sven vaeth and you should also check into mixmaster morris' projects. while you are at it, you should have a look at speedy j's music, very much worth listening to :D

If you need more, I can make you a list of some none psy, none electronica that I find nice to listen to :)

I've realized that... old or new, all the psy ever released is very similar to... all the psy ever released. Every track is too alike the other, and innovation is minimal.

449538[/snapback]

so what?

it's a matter of what you perceive when you listen to music.(this is subjective)

as far as variety is concerned it has lots of it...(many instruments,many sounds,multi-moods)(this is objective)

Ummmm, I say with old school trance and psychedelic trance with few new albums could make solid 300 platinum releases, of which I have heard, but if I count even the ones I still don't own but know they are good, I could say that it could get up to 500 for sure, if not even more...maybe ukiro or Nemo could say the exact number. :rolleyes:

*Sings

Prez gorite, prez poliata,

Pod zvezdite, nad zhitata

Shte patuvat prez noshta,

Risuvat prez denia i shte spiat do obed

Viatarat gi bruli na srebaren MZ

I shte piat gorski chai ot zlaten samovar

Litsata im greiat s ognenen zagar.

449576[/snapback]

Stalker you mean this is German ? cannot be, this is Bulgarian. And what should it be exactly. Im curious..

I've often heard psytrance arrangementwise compared to classical music. I don't know much about the classical music genre, but certainly collectors here go way WAY above your average psy collection.

What I mean is that, yes, psytrance as a genre have certain characteristicas. That's how it's possible to label it as a genre different from rock, pop, or even techno (border issues aside). Still, there is lots of variety within both classical and psy.

I sure think there is, even if I recognize that once in a while it may be nice to explore other genres as well. But I've put myself on a quest and for 4-5 months now basically only listened to psy at home ... and I'm still not tired of it :) Actually I discover new things in cds I used to loathe.

So I don't know. If you get fed up, move on. If you're not fed up, dwell some more :huh: Why the fuck not :) ?

Well, how can we put a limit on good music? But if I had to burn all the tracks I like very much on cds I would have at least 100 cds, and that amount rises every month... So well, can't agree here either... :P

*Sings

Prez gorite, prez poliata,

Pod zvezdite, nad zhitata

Shte patuvat prez noshta,

Risuvat prez denia i shte spiat do obed

Viatarat gi bruli na srebaren MZ

I shte piat gorski chai ot zlaten samovar

Litsata im greiat s ognenen zagar.

449576[/snapback]

Lol this isn´t german, this is bulgarian

if you see psychedelic trance as listening at home genre then perhaps, if you consider as at another form of electronic dance music, meant to be played for people and whatnot... you might need more music

Edited by RAH

i believe that i hardly found maximum 100 top quality albums @ any genre.. u know i sometimes think that my favourite music genre is not found yet...

you never know what is enough unless you know what is more than enough..

449538[/snapback]

I'd say 50 CD's is rather generous, the good psy (that I've heard at least) could probably fit onto around 30 CD's.

I feel psy's generally becoming tired, generic and dull and as such I'm becoming increasingly less interested in the scene - especially when there's a wealth of quality music in more traditional genres that are able to convey warmth and emotion effortlessly without any pretence. Life's too short to waste listening to boring music. Why have baked beans on white bread when there's mussels in garlic sauce on offer?