Human Evolution

Guest Cosmogenesis

Guest Cosmogenesis

Three months ago, I have captured the info that Avi Nissim from Astral Projection and Guy Zukrel from M.F.G. have a common project called "human evolution". But I have listened the track "human evolution" on the tranceaddict website, and it doesn't sound like goa or psy trance, but like some tracks that we can listen in Tiesto or Armin Van Buuren trance sets.

Is it a commercial trance project by both men, or is all this history a bullshit ? Does any guy know if they have planned to make really an "human evolution" album, or only singles?

This topic has been moved from the Artist News and Labels announcements section to the General section.

Cosmogenesis, the "Artist News and Labels announcements" section has the purpose of hosting announcements about new releases, generally meaning that someone (a representative of the releasing label, or of the artist, or a forum member) provides here a presentation of the artist/artists, album/compilation, tracklist, links to samples, cover, contact info and other links. I kindly ask you to use the General section of Psynews for discussions and questions about artists and releases.

Thank you for your understanding. :)

Three months ago, I have captured the info that Avi Nissim from Astral Projection and Guy Zukrel from M.F.G. have a common project called "human evolution". But I have listened the track "human evolution" on the tranceaddict website, and it doesn't sound like goa or psy trance, but like some tracks that we can listen in Tiesto or Armin Van Buuren trance sets.

Is it a commercial trance project by both men, or is all this history a bullshit ? Does any guy know if they have planned to make really an "human evolution" album, or only singles?

443040[/snapback]

I dont see no suprise here

AP and MFG is not the first 'not chessy eletronic project' out there.

we goa lovers, think that their music is madness, psychedelic, trippy, but that is chessy as Tiesto too, only atempt a diferent style. I said that this a lot of time, we are the only people in the world that think that is not chessy

Their Project human evolutiom is like so normal to then

Guest Cosmogenesis

This topic has been moved from the Artist News and Labels announcements section to the General section.

Cosmogenesis, the "Artist News and Labels announcements" section has the purpose of hosting announcements about new releases, generally meaning that someone (a representative of the releasing label, or of the artist, or a forum member) provides here a presentation of the artist/artists, album/compilation, tracklist, links to samples, cover, contact info and other links. I kindly ask you to use the General section of Psynews for discussions and questions about artists and releases.

Thank you for your understanding. :)

444384[/snapback]

Sorry, Moni! I haven't understood that these two topics must be on the general section. For me, it was evident they belong to the section called "Artists news", because I want to have some infos about project like Ra for example :blink: For me, it was logical. Maybe, you should find another name for this section, or separate "artists news" and "labels announcements", or create a subforum with better indications especially for this kind of topic, because I have made a confusion, as many others I'm sure :(:(

Anyway, sorry for all my mistakes !

we goa lovers, think that their music is madness, psychedelic, trippy, but that is chessy as Tiesto too, only atempt a diferent style. I said that this a lot of time, we are the only people in the world that think that is not chessy

444394[/snapback]

+1

and about the track Human evolution by Human evolution, i have it and i don't think any MFG or Astral projection are involved in it.

+1

and about the track Human evolution by Human evolution, i have it and i don't think any MFG or Astral projection are involved in it.

444443[/snapback]

why? its not psytrance project anyway, did you expected to hear something psychedelic in some ordinary eurotrance tune just because AP and MFG are involved in it?

why? its not psytrance project anyway, did you expected to hear something psychedelic in some ordinary eurotrance tune just because AP and MFG are involved in it?

444447[/snapback]

Excatly. and they are involved, you can hear even the same sounds :rolleyes:

444447[/snapback]

No, but i didn't know they could make trance like this, because it's different from Burning up (to give an example). Anyway, my mistake, and i am surprised (pretty good track by the way).

Sorry, Moni! I haven't understood that these two topics must be on the general section. For me, it was evident they belong to the section called "Artists news", because I want to have some infos about project like Ra for example  :blink:  For me, it was logical. Maybe, you should find another name for this section, or separate "artists news" and "labels announcements", or create a subforum with better indications especially for this kind of topic, because I have made a confusion, as many others I'm sure  :(  :( 

Anyway, sorry for all my mistakes !

444423[/snapback]

Don't worry, there is no mistake really. It's just the fact that the Artists News and Labels Announcements is mainly used to announce new releases, artists interviews, etc.

If you want to find out more info regarding certain artists, it is better to use the General section, it's more practical let's say, because it's more like a discussion than an actual issue on the "market".

I suppose the tracks that Avi and Guy Zukrel made under the "Human Evolution" name are pretty cheesy considering the fact that they have been huge names in the psy/goa trance scene for many years, as well as the label those tracks were released on (cheese event organiser ID&T's recordlabel here in Holland). However, a couple of years back when I still listened to dj sets by mainstream DJs such as Armin van Buuren to name one, I was rather positively surprised to finally hear a trance record that actually sounds GOOD, production-wise and soundquality-wise, instead of the usual cr*p of the last couple of years.

I'd rather see Avi and Guy produce some great psy records though B)

Guest Cosmogenesis

I don't know for you, but I prefer for far "Radial Blur" and "The Sleeper must awake" as Astral Projection/MFG collaborations. According to me, Human Evolution is a pure business trance project. Maybe, in the start, they want to see if they both can touch another type of scene, more commercial.

So, no doubt they have a huge success in the Armin or Tiesto dj sets. It's an evidence, because for the goa masters, eurotrance is a very very basic and maybe the"easiest" genre, created only for the dancefloor, without any search of subtile and complex melodies, any search of rare feelings, using sometime some childish materials! If someone has listened the "human evolution" track of Human Evolution, you will see that there is for far one of the best eurotrance tune, but you can't compare it with the goa trance masterpieces. Goa is the highest level of trance. Eurotrance is lost somewhere under the earth! :lol::lol:

Guest The Journey Man Project

Thats right

I said AP and MFG are chessy music, and i dont take it back :rolleyes:

444401[/snapback]

I don't think it is music to play when having a game of chess at all... chessy music is more like Puff Dragon or Ishq...

It's an evidence, because for the goa masters, eurotrance is a very very basic and maybe the"easiest" genre, created only for the dancefloor, without any search of subtile and complex melodies, any search of rare feelings, using sometime some childish materials! If someone has listened the "human evolution" track of Human Evolution, you will see that there is for far one of the best eurotrance tune, but you can't compare it with the goa trance masterpieces. Goa is the highest level of trance. Eurotrance is lost somewhere under the earth!  :lol:  :lol:

444727[/snapback]

no...

when i listen to melodic trance like Above & beyond, Airwave, Hiver & Hammer, Ferry Corsten, etc etc (just examples) i can hear much more melodies than in today's psytrance, and it brings me more emotions than psytrance, so your statement is subjective.

OK, the tracks sound more simple but who cares, as long as it is good music. And this is the only kind of trance which can really touch me. And of course the melodies sound really coherent, sometimes simple but coherent, whereas a lot of psytrance melodies can be made at random. Yes i composed some psytrance tracks and a psytrance melody is easy to make by itself, the more difficult is to find the good sound and the good effects.

About complexity, yes psytrance is more complex, but does it mean it is good music? i prefer a coherent but simple track that a track full of random sounds and effects...

so,

je ne suis pas d'accord avec toi, it is subjective.

;)

Guest Cosmogenesis

I understand your arguments. Maybe my judgement is too radical and too hard for the eurotrance genre. In the fact, I have any negative opinions about Eurotrance. I'm often listening Tiesto albums, Mirco de Govia or Nu NRG lp. But for me, the emotions of goatrance can't be equivalent with the feelings of eurotrance. IMO, oldschool goatrance is searching very rare feelings like subliminal instants, "deja-vu" phenomena, infinite euphoria... Eurotrance can only approach theses goals, but can't really reach them. That's my opinion.

I understand your arguments. Maybe my judgement is too radical and too hard for the eurotrance genre. In the fact, I have any negative opinions about Eurotrance. I'm often listening Tiesto albums, Mirco de Govia or Nu NRG lp. But for me, the emotions of goatrance can't be equivalent with the feelings of eurotrance. IMO, oldschool goatrance is searching very rare feelings like subliminal instants, "deja-vu" phenomena, infinite euphoria... Eurotrance can only approach theses goals, but can't really reach them. That's my opinion.

444956[/snapback]

So we agree to say that the emotions expressed by the 2 styles are not the same. I love "eurotrance" as we call it here because it often expresses emotions like happiness, and not often the same happiness as it is expressed in goa trance. I think people who don't like eurotrance for example simply are not sensitive to the emotions it want to express, and same with any style of music.

Guest Anti Gravity

444394[/snapback]

you do have a point, but to me people who deny it just care about their image to much I think

yés it is cheezy

and I LIKE CHEEZY so :P;) , if it's good cheezy off course B)

everyone it's own taste

it's just that hype of "being called cheezy" is not cool, being called cheezy is bad

but I bet if we opened a topic about "what is cheezy for you" the replies would be in a thousand different directions so :lol:

I always experienced analyzing music as a sort of science, creating experience and after all this year one thing I know for sure

there is no general definition for "cheezy" besides that majority likes to say that they don't like cheezy music :D:rolleyes:

but I don't understand the point here, astral projection has created more then one super cheezy songs like burning up and stuff

so what's the problem with creating a new one ;)

and mfg and astral have always been compared and a bit crititzed as being clones of each other so working together won't be that difficult I guess

I don't know for you, but I prefer for far "Radial Blur" and "The Sleeper must awake" as Astral Projection/MFG collaborations. According to me, Human Evolution is a pure business trance project. Maybe, in the start, they want to see if they both can touch another type of scene, more commercial.

So, no doubt they have a huge success in the Armin or Tiesto dj sets. It's an evidence, because for the goa masters, eurotrance is a very very basic and maybe the"easiest" genre, created only for the dancefloor, without any search of subtile and complex melodies, any search of rare feelings, using sometime some childish materials! If someone has listened the "human evolution" track of Human Evolution, you will see that there is for far one of the best eurotrance tune, but you can't compare it with the goa trance masterpieces. Goa is the highest level of trance. Eurotrance is lost somewhere under the earth!  :lol:  :lol:

444727[/snapback]

i agree :)