intel Pentium vs AMD

Hello people!

I have a question about...

I use intel Pentium processor and i am verry verry happy!I think is the best and the stronger processor for music making ofcourse for PC'S, cause all we know MAC is the BEST!!!

Whats your opinion about????

You think AMD is better than Pentium?

I think AMD is good for video games and multumedia applications but not so good for music productions!!!

Cheers :D

The difference will be so small you can't even notice it.

Just get a decent soundcard and some audio-hardware.

MAC is the BEST!!!

Mac is definetly not the best for musicmaking. Mac is just more stable because everything is designed within the same company and fine tuned. Mac is very focused on prof graphics & video.

The literal difference is that there is none.

The theoretical difference is that AMD will actually be better due to higher L1 L2 cache levels, and also an L3 cache that Intel does not have. These memory caches on the chip store the information for the processor to process and communicate it back to the memory and from there it goes to the rest of your computer.

Intel however, will be better at rendering or long CPU events, but again, the difference will be in a couple of seconds - and only if you have the fastest Intel Chip.

www.tomshardware.com

For the record - using sequencers would count as "multimedia" =P due to the heavy load on memory usage swapping sounds and graphics in the sequencer as well as well as all the VSTis and buffering their sounds and all this and that.

Mac is definetly not the best for musicmaking.  Mac is just more stable because everything is designed within the same company and fine tuned. Mac is very focused on prof graphics & video.

441415[/snapback]

I disagree.

The reason?

http://www.apple.com/logicpro/

Not to say that all the top quality producers ive seen performing live were using a Mac.

There is no practical difference between AMD and Intel chips. I've used both and recommend AMD, if only because they're cheaper for a given processing power.

And Macs are no way the 'best' for making music. Until the new Mac laptop came out (which uses Intel chips, by the way) even Apple themselves admitted that PC laptops were more powerful. Plus there's nothing inherent in OSX that means it's automatically better than Windows; Apple and Microsoft have been stealing UI ideas off each other for many years now.

There is no practical difference between AMD and Intel chips.  I've used both and recommend AMD, if only because they're cheaper for a given processing power.

And Macs are no way the 'best' for making music.  Until the new Mac laptop came out (which uses Intel chips, by the way) even Apple themselves admitted that PC laptops were more powerful.  Plus there's nothing inherent in OSX that means it's automatically better than Windows; Apple and Microsoft have been stealing UI ideas off each other for many years now.

445036[/snapback]

outside of music, there's a huge practical difference, one's still stuck in the 32bit realm, the other moved on with technology and went 64

Aaron

• 2 weeks later...

whether AMDor Intel for advanced music you need a really fast prozessor, my Athlon64 3500+ works fine but it could be faster, i don´t want think of the cpu when i open a new instance of a synthor add a new FXchannel, on their site amd has a video aoubt musikmaking and that the system is not slowing down and so on but that´s not true at all, at least my AMd prozessor is 5 ways faster as my old celeron 800MHz prozessor.