Favorite Sounds

Otto Matta

Which artist's snare, bass drum, high-hat, etc., sound do you like best?

I'm listening to Steptime's album and have to say I really enjoy their open high-hat. It sounds like a cymbal, but it also has a high, acidic sort of tone to it, with strange harmonics, that gives it a lot of depth.

I really like the snare drum sound in XV-Kilist's Seitenzwack and Shakta's Of the Essence. Both have the sound of a ping-pong ball, or maybe a racquetball, being hit with some force.

I like Haldolium's old bass drum sound, which was sort of fat and metallic sounding. I also really like a very synthetic pulse sound like Logic Bomb and others have used.

I like my own bass drums =) Some of them appear on the new Filteria album, although mixed a little lower than I would have. I like "meaty" attacks - some of mine were inspired by the ones used by Pleiadians in tracks like Zeta Reticuli (NOT the remix! the original has a MUCH better kick) and some from the family of light era.

I love the snare in Blue Planet Corporation - Antidote. Kuro has a similar one in "Thunderstorm" and Hallucinogen has used that kind of snare too. Very wet soundting, like a sine "plop" with a short reverb with the diffusion set at 0.

maybe a bit off topic but anyway....

i go insane everytime i hear that sound from a u-boat sonar....it just clicks on me ,dont know why but i adore that sound :ph34r::wub::):huh:

i never heard one on a track,and i am sure it will be so nice to have one with that sound in it!!!

has anyone ever heard a track with that particular sound????

i go insane everytime i hear that sound from a u-boat sonar....it just clicks on me ,dont know why but i adore that sound :ph34r::wub:  :)  :huh:

i never heard one on a track,and i am sure it will be so nice to have one with that sound in it!!!

has anyone ever heard a track with that particular sound????

434581[/snapback]

U96 - das boot :D

he had some more if im not wrong <_<

i go insane everytime i hear that sound from a u-boat sonar....it just clicks on me ,dont know why but i adore that sound :ph34r::wub:  :)  :huh:

I'll add a sonar sound to one of my new tracks, just to make you happy! <_<

Im totally in love with the kick drum in Pleiadians - Meter, it doesn't get any better than that imo :)

Also, I consider MFG as experts on great sounds. Sunshine is a perfect example, the whole sea of sounds in that track just goes so well together its scary :)