Need information about

Guest Elysium

just out of curiousity mr know-all, how would suntrip be able to succeed?

421485[/snapback]

First of all there's really no reason to be sarcastic. If you failed to notice it I did write IMO

IMO it's not about suceeding. It's about that it's very very hard to try and recreate a past. IMO impossible. I really doubt anyone can do that no matter how hard they try.

ok ok sorry about the sarcastic part.

so you're saying it's worthless to try and recreate a past because it will never be the same?

well IMO past is only past if one thinks it of it as past. i think ppl releasing on labels on suntrip are not trying to revive the past, rather picking up a thread that has been abanboned by ppl like you (not that i disrespect your decision). I don't see it as they are trying to match the music that was created in the '90, they are simply continuing the story. Without judging the quality of the music itself, i'm really happy people are doing this, otherwise this particular style of music would have just faded away forever. Even only for that.

Offcourse it will never be the same, but at least they are continuing the story that, according to lots of people, should not have stopped around '00.

Now i get the feeling, that you think ppl shouldn't be releasing music if it isn't as good as it was back then. I think you, as an artist, should surely respect this. When you released your first track there must have been ppl thinking just the same about your music the way you do about suntrip music now. and yet lot's of ppl liked it (including me :)) and now you are part of that past that defines the standards of music on suntrip should meet. So in the end nothing is compareable, and standards are made by yourself.

Guest Elysium

so you're saying it's worthless to try and recreate a past because it will never be the same?

well IMO past is only past if one thinks it of it as past. i think ppl releasing on labels on suntrip are not trying to revive the past, rather picking up a thread that has been abanboned by ppl like you (not that i disrespect your decision). I don't see it as they are trying to match the music that was created in the '90, they are simply continuing the story. Without judging the quality of the music itself, i'm really happy people are doing this, otherwise this particular style of music would have just faded away forever. Even only for that.

First of all I would not really use the word abandon simply because it's nonsense in my opinion. I do not see myself as abandoning anything. I do what I love to do and I have always done that no matter what genre I am producing at the moment.

IMO some artists and Suntrip indeed try to re-create the past. Now i do not say it's wrong if they like to do that. I just say I do not believe that it will change anything. And I am prety sure Mars and Anoebis wanted to start the label to change things "back" to "normal".. If you get my point?

IMO that will never happen.

I do not say it's worthless to do what Suntrip try to do. I am not the one to say what they should do or not. But yes in my opinion it wont change a thing or re-create anything.

Offcourse it will never be the same, but at least they are continuing the story that, according to lots of people, should not have stopped around '00.

What "lots" of people? I mean if there really are so many people out there who want the past back dont you think it would have happened already? Mate psynews is a very small closed world with a few people into the old school. If you take a look out in the real world or even go to isra where most people from todays scene go. Then you'll see that 97% of people in our scene are between 16 - 25. Sorry but most of them dont even know what happened in the past and I can assure you. Their "good old days" are happening right now.

Now i get the feeling, that you think ppl shouldn't be releasing music if it isn't as good as it was back then. I think you, as an artist, should surely respect this.

Then your feeling is wrong ;)

As I said. I am not the one to tell what people should do or not. They can do whatever they want to. But yes I do have an opinion about it and do think some people maybe live a little too much in the past instead of looking forward. But again that is their choice and i am not going to tell them not to.

When you released your first track there must have been ppl thinking just the same about your music the way you do about suntrip music now. and yet lot's of ppl liked it (including me :)) and now you are part of that past that defines the standards of music on suntrip should meet. So in the end nothing is compareable, and standards are made by yourself..

When I released my first track the scene was so new and fresh that no one even knew what to label the music. The scene did not really have along past as now so i doubt your point is accurate.

And I do not at all try to define any standards. No one can anyway and it's not my job or goal in life to define anything. It's a free world and the electronic music scene is a very diverse scene thank god.

Then you'll see that 97% of people in our scene are between 16 - 25.  Sorry but most of them dont even know what happened in the past and I can assure you. Their "good old days" are happening right now.

422077[/snapback]

aww...you make me feel so old :)

What "lots" of people? I mean if there really are so many people out there who want the past back dont you think it would have happened already? Mate psynews is a very small closed world with a few people into the old school. If you take a look out in the real world or even go to isra where most people from todays scene go. Then you'll see that 97% of people in our scene are between 16 - 25. Sorry but most of them dont even know what happened in the past and I can assure you. Their "good old days" are happening right now.

On Isratrance i read several moths back a similar statemend, so there are people that still like oldschool. I for example didn´t knew up to 2003 that there is fullon out there because i only listened to oldschool, some of my friends only know oldschool as psytrance so i think oldschool can return the past into now, but not with the cheesy artists like Filteria, goasia etc... Anyway are you the artist Elysium or have you just choose the name as a nick? I mean the artist who did several remixes from zodiac youth tracks.

Guest Elysium

On Isratrance i read several moths back a similar statemend, so there are people that still like oldschool. I for example didn´t knew up to 2003 that there is fullon out there because i only listened to oldschool, some of my friends only know oldschool as psytrance so i think oldschool can return the past into now, but not with the cheesy artists like Filteria, goasia etc... Anyway are you the artist Elysium or have you just choose the name as a nick? I mean the artist who did several remixes from zodiac youth tracks.

422159[/snapback]

Sure there are people who still like old-school. But truste me on this. They are not many simply because most people who used to go to parties in the old days are not active in this scene anymore for various reasons such as that they got older, have families, moved on to other music etc. etc. And most younger people in today's scene simply does not know what came before IM.

Yes I am the Elysium that remixed ZodiacYouth.

Sure there are people who still like old-school. But truste me on this. They are not many simply because most people who used to go to parties in the old days are not active in this scene anymore for various reasons such as that they got older, have families, moved on to other music etc. etc. And most younger people in today's scene simply does not know what came before IM.

Yes I am the Elysium that remixed ZodiacYouth.

422252[/snapback]

I´am really really really surprised and can´t believe at all that i speak with such a fammous artist like you, you are really a professional and know how to make awesome trance!!! Keep the good work!!! Hey cut you help me with my songs, for example how to get the classic awesome psychedelic leads like you did use in your zodiacyouth remixes. Hey as far as i remember you are on the YSE compilation "the history of goa trance", that´s really a state, do you know that you´re a well known artist and much of my friends like your music, too.

I wasnt talking about age radi. I was talking about experience in production

Its not easy to get a record deal right on the start...and only by posting music on the internet. You have to do live acts first, start to have a space in your own psyhedelic ground. Then think about record deals

Off course, this is a not rule. I am just saying that it will be easier for you to gather some experience on production first

420430[/snapback]

i agree with you dude!

Another suggestion....go out and meet people.

In the Cape Town Psytrance Scene, if you want to be known/or get a deal, you have to meet people in the scene, like the promotional teams, artists, dj'd, friends of friends, etc....

Once you've done that then its your chance to show people what you got!

Thats my opinion, i dont know whats its like in other countries... :)

Guest Elysium

I´am really really really surprised and can´t believe at all that i speak with such a fammous artist like you, you are really a professional and know how to make awesome trance!!! Keep the good work!!! Hey cut you help me with my songs, for example how to get the classic awesome psychedelic leads like you did use in your zodiacyouth remixes. Hey as far as i remember you are on the YSE compilation "the history of goa trance", that´s really a state, do you know that you´re a well known artist and much of my friends like your music, too.

422280[/snapback]

Now first of all. I am not a superstar or a god. I am a normal human being so call me Kris.

And please no more "can´t believe at all that i speak with such a fammous artist like you"

:)

When it come to helping you..sure I can listen to the music and give you pointers but I have to be honest with you. You should not try so hard to sound like the artists you like. Instead try to develop your own sound. Believe me it's much better and at the end of the day you will get much more credit for having your own sound than for being a copy-cat.

So my advice is. Concentrate on your own sound and forget what sounds Astral used.

[qoute]Now first of all. I am not a superstar or a god. I am a normal human being so call me Kris.

And please no more "can´t believe at all that i speak with such a fammous artist like you"

LOL, you underrate yourself, you remixed official trakcs of zodiacyouth like hallucinogen und man with no name, your discs were released in the well known labels, i think dragonfly and other. I have never spoken with a not Superstar but star in the psychedelic trance scene and i´am very happy about it and ofcourse i will tell that my friends :P:P:)

LOL, you underrate yourself, you remixed official trakcs of zodiacyouth like hallucinogen und man with no name, your discs were released in the well known labels, i think dragonfly and other. I have never spoken with a not Superstar but star in the psychedelic trance scene and i´am very happy about it and ofcourse i will tell that my friends

Tell your friends that you also speak with tha Stalker too

The famous tech-trance Minimal producer, the one that killed Goa

That should impress then :P

Tell your friends that you also speak with tha Stalker too

The famous tech-trance Minimal producer, the one that killed Goa

That should impress then :P

422715[/snapback]

yeah, and on your next holliday visit "184 brixton road (sw9 6at)" and ask when martin peter glover moved out... ;) ... maybe they still have memorabilia to sell to you... :ph34r:

no offence, but move on....do your own thing... :rolleyes:;)

• 3 months later...

i followed the link that reger posted of chemical crew,and WTF Total Eclipse is on the list of their artists!

and i mean WTF!

delta aquarids is one of my best albums,i was thinking about getting violent relaxation but hey if its cc style,forget it! :ph34r:

i dont know about the cc stuff

but Total Eclipse Violent Relaxation

is one of my all time fave s

I still listen to it after so many years (though more of the 2nd cd nowadays, used to listen to 1st)

that album if you like oldschool (i hate this word) will make you piss your pants

its great

oh and esponalizer in the 2nd cd is a very nice psyambient tune

and a new version will be coming on twisted

I listened to it at his wonderful 4 hour set

I gott admit it was even better (maybe at that moment but whatever)