Does anyone actually print the covers for a mix?

Basilisk

I'm curious to know if anyone prints the graphics provided with a downloaded mix to make an actual CD, or if most people are just listening with MP3 devices at home or wherever. Whe a mix comes with a nice high-quality graphic does that make you want to print it out any more? Or is art only an important thing when you're paying for a release?

Any thoughts on the subject? :D

Most of the mixes are longer than 80 minutes... so it's impossible to write an audio cd

For example ;)

99:46 Basilisk - Nocturnal Wanderlust - 2004

93:59 Basilisk - Voyager - 2004

76:55 Basilisk - Replicant Redux - 2005

I like longer ones though and listen to them at pc mostly.

haha, good one amphiton, you sure showed him :lol:

hum, i don't burn mixes on CDs, i just have them on my computers (at work and at home) .. so i guess i don't print the cover either ..

usually i burn CDs with my own selections :)

I would print the covers out if I had a CD burner in my PC and a colour printer that is actually working. Since I don't, no cover printing for me. But I personally think it is great to have a cover for a mix.

For example ;)

390557[/snapback]

All those mixes have edited versions that fit on an 80 minute audio CD. You don't even need one for Replicant Redux. The .nfo for the other two would include mention that there is a CD-length version for anyone that wants it.

Sheesh, can't a guy ask a straight question around here? :rolleyes:

All those mixes have edited versions that fit on an 80 minute audio CD. You don't even need one for Replicant Redux. The .nfo for the other two would include mention that there is a CD-length version for anyone that wants it.

Sheesh, can't a guy ask a straight question around here?  :rolleyes:

390588[/snapback]

Haven't got the .nfo's and what's the point in spreading two versions?

Anyway, if the question goes 'Covers - Yes or No?' the answer definitely is Yes.

What's the point? Isn't it obvious? To have a version of the mix that can be burned to an audio CD, since many people prefer it that way :ph34r:

I don't really set out to make a mix CD length... some come out that way, some don't. I usually find a way after the fact to chop it down to the essential components, which is especially sensible for sending the promos out. But this is a different matter ;)

Does high-resolution matter much for printing up a mix cover?

most the of designs look the same .. no need to, unless it s a really nice one.

391165[/snapback]

Yeah, we want some covers with cute ass on them - or else it doesnt matter ;-)

I dont print out covers either, and I dont burn sets to CDs - Some do though, mostly for the car or at work - But, I dont hope they sit around glancing at the covers there.

However, I do like mixes to have covers or something visual when you download them - Like Kaas progressive war set, or some of Basilisks sets. (just for pure presentation on the net)

*wraps Basilisk in danish bacon and poors sauce all over him*

*stops*

*leaves to make himself some food that doenst involve cannibalism*

:-)

Krell