New Simon Posford interview @ Doof Central

Trolsk

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I get sick of that Simon don´t want make other hallucinogen stuff, okay, some younger brother tracks are pretty good but he should do something deeper, maybe i go to his house and give him talk that he should make more hallucinogen stuff, :D joke.

i'm not interested in that kind of stuff,

interviews with artist

there age

do they have children :D

but still thanx for the link many people will read it ;)

Guest The Journey Man Project

At the moment, i prefer collaborating to sitting in the studio on my own.... as for spreading the workload, it depends who i am working with... for example, during a Shpongle session, raja ram will sit in an armchair shouting out ideas, and falling asleep... kind of like an alchemic narcoleptic, with psychedelic tourette's syndrome!  For 'Younger Brother', with benji vaughan, we would play quake on the playstation... whoever lost had to spend the next few hours sitting at the computer, programming, while the winner could relax on the sofa. I enjoy the different energies that come into the studio, makes studio life more entertaining.

Wow, seems like he's really into his musis :lol: Prefer to sit on the couch? Fuck it man then don't produce!! No wonder his music has gone shit, he can;t be fucked making it any more!! At least he is honest, I reckon 99% of the psy trance world is like this now...

haha i was just going to post that same quote. That pretty much sums it up for me as far as Posford goes. His old stuff is god like but after the first shpongle album i just dont think he had anything left to prove and can just get by on his past reputation. I do respect him though for not putting out a hallucinogen album that is less than what would be expected. Im sure he could easily crank out a full album and make alot of cash no matter how bad it was.

The only hope i have left is that some day dark psy completely takes over and hes forced to make a dark psy album. For now, judging from his press photos hes much more interested in just being a rock star and enjoying his success.

I get sick of that Simon don´t want make other hallucinogen stuff, okay, some younger brother tracks are pretty good but he should do something deeper,

386953[/snapback]

Maybe he should just do what he feels like doing, you know, be himself. Look at the greatest artists through history, they didn't churn out album after album of the same stuff, they didn't produce a piece of work just because it was becoming 'cool' (ie dark trance). Great artists are only interested in turning themselves on, in satisfying themselves. They do not cater to demand.

I see what you mean, the dark scene could really use some creative talent.  :P

388397[/snapback]

what exactly is darkpsy, call artists please, is it like fullon with the worse kicks and basslines? If yes simon shouldn´t do a darkpsy album, but i think he is intelligent enough to don´t make a album for this poor quality genre, and i think he hasn´t the equpment for dark psy because for darkpsy he needs FL Studio 3, TS404 and Beepmap, FL´s worsest synths with effects that add extra noises and klicks or blibs to the synths to make it sound "better".

what exactly is darkpsy, call artists please, is it like fullon with the worse kicks and basslines? If yes simon shouldn´t do a darkpsy album, but i think he is intelligent enough to don´t make a album for this poor quality genre, and i think he hasn´t the equpment for dark psy because for darkpsy he needs FL Studio 3, TS404 and Beepmap, FL´s worsest synths with effects that add extra noises and klicks or blibs to the synths to make it sound "better".

388402[/snapback]

what are you exactly?

man 99% of the times i read your posts you just make me wanna leave the forum

please,tell me,in wich way would be the psytrance world perfect?

should we all like what you worship and bash other styles and people just because YOU don't like them?

do you think it is so easy to actually make original music?

God damnit,make it yourself!

now please STOP spamming the threads with your egocentric opinions,STOP offending people (we have artists here that actually make darkpsy,how would you feel if you were 1 of them?) and STOP complaining about this and that!let me tell you,if you were god damn smart like you think you are at this time you would b burning your multidimensional brain in a fucking studio working on a 100% ORIGINAL MUSIC wich would SAVE THE SCENE!can you imagine that?

you would be the new Simon!!!!! :) the new hero,everyone would worship you!!!

can you imagine how that sensation would be?

now please DO SOMETHING instead of complaining

pfff...

what are you exactly?

man 99% of the times i read your posts you just make me wanna leave the forum

please,tell me,in wich way would be the psytrance world perfect?

should we all like what you worship and bash other styles and people just because YOU don't like them?

do you think it is so easy to actually make original music?

God damnit,make it yourself!

now please STOP spamming the threads with your egocentric opinions,STOP offending people (we have artists here that actually make darkpsy,how would you feel if you were 1 of them?) and STOP complaining about this and that!let me tell you,if you were god damn smart like you think you are at this time you would burning your multidimensional brain in a fucking studio working on a 100% ORIGINAL MUSIC wich would SAVE THE SCENE!can you imagine that?

you would be the new Simon!!!!!  :) the new hero,everyone would worship you!!!

can you imagine how that sensation would be?

now please DO SOMETHING instead of complaining

pfff...

388412[/snapback]

Ten points man... seriously dude, we will all take you at least abit serius if you put one quality track up that YOU and you alon made for use to hear, even more so if it gets released... but until then, to crap on and say such nasty things is just wrong. If you bother to explore this scene, you'll come to undertsand that there is little of your bashing going on between the artists and dj'set. Grow up a bit and come back... yes it is ok to say a style s bad, IMO Israely trance really isn;t doing much for me, but there is no need to be nasty about it. Do a bit ofresearch and work out what is positive criticism.

Ten points man... seriously dude, we will all take you at least abit serius if you put one quality track up that YOU and you alon made for use to hear, even more so if it gets released... but until then, to crap on and say such nasty things is just wrong.  If you bother to explore this scene, you'll come to undertsand that there is little of your bashing going on between the artists and dj'set.  Grow up a bit and come back... yes it is ok to say a style s bad, IMO Israely trance really isn;t doing much for me, but there is no need to be nasty about it.  Do a bit ofresearch and work out what is positive criticism.

388424[/snapback]

that was directed to me?

that was directed to me?

388425[/snapback]

nonononono sorry I was quoting what you said as I agree with it, but what I said is directed at radi6404 ... I agree with what you said kryptum :D

If you want it i will upload 1 or more oldschool psyworks from me, you can tell them opinions, the music don´t sound so much professional but it of course not sound bad, i upload a track in yousendit and you can check it out, it is a ambient track @ 134 bpm.

If you want it i will upload 1 or more oldschool psyworks from me, you can tell them opinions, the music don´t sound so much professional but it of course not sound bad, i upload a track in yousendit and you can check it out, it is a ambient track @ 134 bpm.

388429[/snapback]

for sure,let's see if it "oldschool" enough

i bet your musical expression is equivalent to your mental expression

Ehrm... If it's 134 bpm and has a 4/4 kick i wouldnt call it ambient. but whatever :P

388433[/snapback]

I don´t know how i can call it because it hasn´t a 4 X 4 rythm but it´s not really ambient.