New Simon Posford interview @ Doof Central

Trolsk

Interviewer: "Moving on to Shpongle. we heard somewhere that the latest album, 'Nothing Lasts.. but Nothing is Lost', was to be the last album by Shpongle. Please tell us this isn't true!?"

Simon: "It was always a trilogy. It was conceived this way. The title describes the journey and we thank Terrance for the inspiration. We did a remix and we have alternative unreleased versions. this could conceivable turn into other releases. I think it is safe to say that it was the last shpongle studio album."

395218[/snapback]

I want to know why it was only meant to be a trilogy. "It was conceived this way" is not an sufficient answer to that question. I find it odd to end Shpongle after only three albums, and I believe there's more to this story. If they indeed intended for this journey to only encompass three albums I believe we would have heard about that prior to this last release and as far as I can recall I've never heard any of them or anyone else claim that Shpongle is a three album project only.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I want to know why it was only meant to be a trilogy. "It was conceived this way" is not an sufficient answer to that question. I find it odd to end Shpongle after only three albums, and I believe there's more to this story. If they indeed intended for this journey to only encompass three albums I believe we would have heard about that prior to this last release and as far as I can recall I've never heard any of them or anyone else claim that Shpongle is a three album project only.

395422[/snapback]

My feeling is that Simon is one of those rare producers in the scene who only writes when he has something specific to say. Do you really want him to keep saying the same thing over and again? If you don't believe what he says, maybe you'd better take it up with him personally: mail@twisted.co.uk

We could all learn from him; he knows when enough is enough.

My feeling is that Simon is one of those rare producers in the scene who only writes when he has something specific to say.  Do you really want him to keep saying the same thing over and again?  If you don't believe what he says, maybe you'd better take it up with him personally: mail@twisted.co.uk

We could all learn from him; he knows when enough is enough.

395486[/snapback]

Indeed, couldn't have put it better myself.

My feeling is that Simon is one of those rare producers in the scene who only writes when he has something specific to say.  Do you really want him to keep saying the same thing over and again? 

I don't want him to release the same album over again, but that means he's ending the Shpongle project because he's out of ideas not because it was intended to be a trilogy.

I don't want him to release the same album over again, but that means he's ending the Shpongle project because he's out of ideas not because it was intended to be a trilogy.

395644[/snapback]

Vincent Van Van Gogh started off doing photo realistic paintings, later trying his hand at a 2D Japanese technique before finally moving on to the impressionist paintings he is famous for. Those familiar with his work at the time (well there weren't any but bear with me) may have thought he'd run out of ideas when he ceased the Japanese style but the fact is he was entering the most creative period of his life.

That wasn't the best analogy, sorry... but my point is maybe Simon has new ideas for a new project or maybe he's pushed the Shpongle thing as far as he wants to. Either way I think we should wait and see what he comes up with before jumping to conclusions.

Well I don't know mate, I'm not privy to his innermost thoughts. Like I said, try asking him directly. I'd guess that he still has lots of ideas, as he's working on different collaborations, but I'd also guess that he doesn't feel pressure from people like you or me to jump through hoops just because everyone else is writing rubbish music.

395644[/snapback]

and why it seems so fucking impossible that simon posford has no new ideas for shpongle project? whats so impossible here? nothing impossible if he has no new ideas for that particular project... wtf people :rolleyes:

and why it seems so fucking impossible that simon posford has no new ideas for shpongle project? whats so impossible here? nothing impossible if he has no new ideas for that particular project... wtf people :rolleyes:

395651[/snapback]

I´am pretty sure that Simon has ideas for a new shpongle albums, he has done the best psychedelic work ever and he shouldn´t have ideas?

I´am pretty sure that Simon has ideas for a new shpongle albums, he has done the best psychedelic work ever and he shouldn´t have ideas?

395679[/snapback]

i guess for you it is IMPOSSIBLE to accept that someone who has been hyped by lots of folks have no new ideas for some particular project. there is one thing that i can remind you - nothing can be done the same way over and over again. GOT THAT?

thx for the info man

386919[/snapback]

what to say I have loved your music since the 1st tip album. was it doubel dragons? In the words of Yoda , or was it jerry garcia, what along trip, strange it has been. orignators will always remain and be the vehicles of the things worthwhile.

sound, frequency and all it entails. the healing, awakening power of sound, but also the power to free blockages and somesuchstuff. I remember sound which trapped , sacred it is and I can only hope the science and philosophy of sound,and the true course of evolution, will remain on the right and truthfull path, from this moment in time. I wish the mantle and fabrik should never tear again. for the tear was the tear that fell form on high.

even the zen trixters get tricked. glad everyones havin it. please pass a big hello To Pogo from his old and wanderin friend Ted. hope to be back in blighty soon.

Partickal72 signing off.

thx for the info man

386919[/snapback]

what to say I have loved your music since the 1st tip album. was it double dragons? In the words of Yoda , or was it jerry garcia, what along trip, strange it has been. orignators will always remain and be the vehicles of the things worthwhile.

sound, frequency and all it entails. the healing, awakening power of sound, but also the power to free blockages and somesuchstuff. I remember sound which trapped , sacred it is and I can only hope the science and philosophy of sound,and the true course of evolution, will remain on the right and truthfull path, from this moment in time. I wish the mantle and fabrik should never tear again. for the tear was the tear that fell form on high.

even the zen trixters get tricked. glad everyones havin it. please pass a big hello To Pogo from his old and wanderin friend Ted. hope to be back in blighty soon.

Partickal72 signing off.

395644[/snapback]

I guess the trilogy idea was concieved between raj and si, they're not obliged to tell everybody whats on their mind in the studio. I just think they kept making shpongle and failing every possible expectaion (and were critisized for that over and over) until they felt the work of art is done. Judging from the NL.BNIL I doubt theyr'e running out of ideas. Its better than ending like Paul McCartney with his latest releases :P