About Psynews, Me as a moderator...

Hey people :) Hope everyone had a nice nights sleep! I sure did, yesterday I had a fabulous night out with some colleagues, and it was really fun for once!

Anyways, now to what this really is about.

I am seeing a lot of complaining about the "new" psynews going on. That kind of concerns me. So I am going to first of all, introduce myself to the ones that don’t know me from before (The New members).

Hi everyone! I am Nemo, and my new nickname on PsyNews is TEKK. (it used to be djnemo) :) I am 31 years old, and I work as a 2nd level support person in an IT company in Holland. I am about to become a father, and that’s very exciting for me :)

On my free time, I spend a lot of time making music, programming useless scripts and making graphics for whatever. I have spent many years on the internet, and also moderating forums.

The reason for me being a mod here, is because mars wanted it that way, and because I think (Not trying to get any credits here) I did a good job the last time I was a mod on PsyNews.

Now, let me set one thing straight. I am NOT going to change anything in the way I moderate, I moderated EXACTLY the same the last time, and I didn’t get almost ANY complaints. Of course there were one or two complaints, but hey, no one is perfect right?

I am VERY open to ideas, and help when it comes to moderating this forum, so please feel free to PM me if you have any suggestions.

The same goes for complaints, please PM me if you have a complaint, or if you feel that I have moderated in the wrong way. This way, we can keep some kind of "peace" on the forum.

And please, if you are going to reply to this thread, stay on topic! I will delete any posts that doesnt stay on topic, because I want a clean and nice discussion about things, and not filled with off topic spam :):D:D

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hei Tekk, my Name is... Oh wait, we've allready been introduced... ;)

Anyway, I just wanted to say that you do a great job here so don't get irritated by some complaints. Psynew is still great (even better if you ask me). Hope that was on-topic enough...

Ok so thank you for clearing up who you are. I didnt know you were DJ Nemo!! Apparently you're a really nice guy, not that i dont think it aswell, just what ive heard. :D

I must say I dont have any complaints with the way you moderate or behave on this forum. You are very calm and never get worked up over anything silly so well done. Not all of us can boast the same!! If this is off topic tell me but why did you change your name? Thats very confusing you know... :)

Is this a permanent solution or just a temporary one? One moderator isn't quite enough, especially since you have a tiny human to take care of. And I hear those take quite a lot of time.

nemo, you rock :D

just don't move any of my threads :D:rolleyes::):D

i already stated my opinnion on moderation:

everybody should make their own judgement about where their threads belong.

i don't think it should be necessary that a mod moves and deletes threads everyday. mods have a life too, you know.

so the managing should come from the threads creators.

i've always said this, and i'm gonna say it one more time:

sometimes it's better to think twice before you post.

i've clicked the "back" button many times myself.

Thanks for the warm words everyone :) Its nice to hear!

To Majoony, My nickname was changed because I felt a change of Nicknames was about time. Ive used Nemo for so long now. Maybe main reason for the change is my urge to promote my New artist name (Very self centered haha). I tried registering with djnemo as a matter of fact, but for some reason it wouldnt let me then... but Tekk is better anyways :)

To Cinos, I am making a lot of the moderating from work, so there is not going to be a conflict of intresst. Of course I look at the forum from home as well, whenever I have time. However, I think that it might be needed to have another moderator in the future. I think Mars will decide this when that time comes.

To Moni, I wont anything you post, if its posted in the proper section. I have not seen you post wrongly however, so I dont see a reason to move your posts :) But same rules for everyone, right? :)

I do agree with you moni, that people should think twice before posting, that will eliminate a lot of "moves" :)

But also on the other hand, sometimes, you just dont know where to post something because it doesnt have a "criteria" in which I will then contact the person, or leave a note in the thread that I moved it, and the reasons for the move.

Which brings me to another topic really, but it has to do with the topic in a way. I see that there are a lot of Dj Mixes being posted all over the place. Wouldnt it be nice if we had ONE section for all mixes? So they are easy to find? Something like "My DJ Mixes" (sounds lame I know hahaha).

To Moni, I wont anything you post, if its posted in the proper section. I have not seen you post wrongly however, so I dont see a reason to move your posts :) But same rules for everyone, right? :)

Which brings me to another topic really, but it has to do with the topic in a way. I see that there are a lot of Dj Mixes being posted all over the place. Wouldnt it be nice if we had ONE section for all mixes? So they are easy to find? Something like "My DJ Mixes" (sounds lame I know hahaha).

369242[/snapback]

i am perfect nemo :lol:

hum. the mixes?

like .. one subforum in the Music Making section? i guess it's not bad.

though it would have been nice if this wasn't all a forum with so much info. to be a real website, with a working and up to date menu.

you know, properly organised.

but all in time i guess.

I would really appreciate a new forum with dj mixes in it. As Moni said it could be a sub-forum in the music making section, I think it would fit there. And I would know where to go to find nice stuff...

I would really appreciate a new forum with dj mixes in it. As Moni said it could be a sub-forum in the music making section, I think it would fit there. And I would know where to go to find nice stuff...

369297[/snapback]

agreed. i suggested this on serval occations many times before. it is a great idea.

edit: as far as moving topics goes....

in eric cartmans famous words "whats the big f**kin' deal bitch?"

so what if something gets moved from general to offtopic or whatever. its just to sort out some of the chaos thats on this thread, and so long as its not deleted and can be retrieved again? what indeed is the big f**kin deal?

i once suggested a subforum or section with artists and dj's

each could start their own thread, present himself/herself, bring news about releases or gigs, reviews, promos, mixes, and anything else they want. and people would react in the same thread.

but maybe that requires a lil time and interest. thus hard to accomplish.

imagine skazi having his own thread. it would be great. :)

i once suggested a subforum or section with artists and dj's

each could start their own thread, present himself/herself, bring news about releases or gigs, reviews, promos, mixes, and anything else they want. and people would react in the same thread.

but maybe that requires a lil time and interest. thus hard to accomplish.

imagine skazi having his own thread. it would be great. :)

369303[/snapback]

I am a little against that idea :ph34r:

Simply because it in my opinion put the artists on a pedistal and frankly we have enough worshipping and groupie mentality in the scene and it's not a good development.

What I like about psynews is that no one is "better" than anyone else. We are all equal. I would hate to see it turn into a Isratrance clone (color status) where artist or dj's are way too important.

I don't think it has anything to do with being important or something like that. At least not for me... I think it would be great to see what artists that are not that well-known (and from what I understand it's more about artists or DJs that are active here at psynews and not about big names) have to offer. There have been some nice DJ mixes to download and I think it would be great to see what those people are up to without having to search all threads.

But you are right, an artist section like in istratrance with gossip and stuff about big names is not really necessary (imho).

I am a little against that idea  :ph34r:

Simply because it in my opinion put the artists on a pedistal and frankly we have enough worshipping and groupie mentality in the scene and it's not a good development.

What I like about psynews is that no one is "better" than anyone else. We are all equal. I would hate to see it turn into a Isratrance clone (color status) where artist or dj's are way too important.

369329[/snapback]

* note to self: cut Kris from having his own artists&djs thread

But you are right, an artist section like in istratrance with gossip and stuff about big names is not really necessary (imho).

369356[/snapback]

hum

i didn't know of this.

* note to self: go to isratrance and laugh about gossip

ok guys, nevermind my idea, it was just an idea, it's not like i made a whole campaign out of it.

let's get back to worshipping nemo :D

I don't think it has anything to do with being important or something like that. At least not for me... I think it would be great to see what artists that are not that well-known (and from what I understand it's more about artists or DJs that are active here at psynews and not about big names) have to offer. There have been some nice DJ mixes to download and I think it would be great to see what those people are up to without having to search all threads.

369356[/snapback]

Then why not also make a sub forum for "regular" users where they can tell their own stories, post their pictures etc. and have other comment it?

see my point?

I still think this forum have more than enough possibilities for artists and dj's to promote themself. in my opinion there's really no need for more Artist/Dj promotion.

One thing: Don't take your new job too seriously, the spamming is a big part of psynews and some of the spammers are persons we alla love :D

369375[/snapback]

spamming can get out of hand no matter how much we "love" people. :)