Forest?

What is it that makes people call derango's and similar music

'forest-music'? the forest it the place on the festivals where it

smells of poo and pee, but i guess thats not whats meant here ;)

with forests i associate silence and gentle sounds, so i guess i really cant feel what you mean.

365803[/snapback]

well my guess is this is not free-word associasion :D

it's a particular sound they play in forests... that sounds like dark psy a but it isn't... you know what i mean?

Cinos since you obviously don't listen to this kind of music, nor feel it - stay away?

To me Derangos music can best be described as, well, a soundtrack of the forest. Not only is this music to be played in the forest, it does for me, to some extent, create the illusion that the forest itself is playing it. It has an organic feeling to it, with trees creeking, creatures howling, and melodies illustrating long forgotten pagan forestrituals...

For the same reason people call some psy "night" - none at all.

365849[/snapback]

The terms "night" and "forest" is derived from the time and place when music works in a party.

I guess to understand the definition you would need to actually attend to parties and get a feel of what fits when and hence why the terms is used.

It's just pretentious to try and coin a "sound of the forest" - and if you were to go there, it would be AMBIENT! Have you ever been in a forest? Right, no 160-bmp bassdrums there. Just peacefulness.

Cinos....you should really go to some parties and experience trance music in the setting it was created for before you try to elevate yourself thinking you have an educated opinion on the matter.

Some people like psychedelic dancing events in the nature instead of sitting at home worshipping shpongle.

And it's simply not the same music that fits in the forest compared to a club or warehouse.

Same as there is not the same music appropiate under the moonlight as when the sun is up.

Why not make a ambient party in the forest if thats what you think is appropiate?

I'm sure it would be a hit if people managed to stay awake ;)

Well I can tell you that I personally can not listen to Derango without relating it to the forest. And I also have to say that I enjoy this type of music a lot more outdoors... Taking a nice forestwalk with Derango in my headphones is just wonderful :)

How can you call raving mad psy forest music? When was the last time the forest sounded even slightly similar?

Perhaps "troll psy" or something, I don't actually care. But for me Shpongle is forest psy. :)

How can you call raving mad psy forest music? When was the last time the forest sounded even slightly similar?

Perhaps "troll psy" or something, I don't actually care. But for me Shpongle is forest psy.  :)

365911[/snapback]

Again....I think you need to actually visit a party in the deep forest with "raving mad psy forest music" to get the connection.

It's not that it sounds like the forest, but it's nice music to party with your friends in the forest...understand the difference?

And Shpongle is ambient, not psy.

Any DJ that would put on Shpongle on any psy party I've been would be forcefully removed from the DJ box instantly.

That it makes you think about the forest when you put it on in the hi-fi in your apartement is fine, and I can understand that. It's forest music for you.

For people who actually goes into the forest with a big PA to party with their friends forest music is something else. Can you understand that?

However, since the Derango style doesn

Fuck it. Call it whatever you want, I could care less. Just be aware that when I say "forest" I mean music that actually sounds like a forest.

Again....I think you need to actually visit a party in the deep forest with "raving mad psy forest music" to get the connection.

okay, this argument really counts for me, but the oa parties here

(around berlin) are being held on meadows with only a very limited

number of trees, at least the ones i have been to.

maybe some day i will make it to an scandinavian psy-FOREST-party...

:)

Just be aware that when I say "forest" I mean music that actually sounds like a forest.

365930[/snapback]

ok.we'll be aware from now on.

you really should listen to Spindrift's advices :)

can't wait to listen to derango's album :) i hope to get it during this week

HELLO EVERYONE - CINOS IS A TROLL IN CASE YOU HAVEN'T REALIZED... THE MUSIC FOR HIM IS THEREFORE "BRIDGE".

365982[/snapback]

As I said before, I'd rather listen to Breakfastpsy. :)

However, since the Derango style doesn

Fuck it. Call it whatever you want, I could care less. Just be aware that when I say "forest" I mean music that actually sounds like a forest.

365930[/snapback]

Well, have you ever been into a Swedish forest during a storm at night? That's how the music tend to feel...

Trees making weird noises, leaves falling, Trolls dancing around you to eat you alive, melodies made by scared people that want the bad spirits to go away... the basslines are nothing else then Giants coming out of the mountains..., every step is a bassline... etc...

Every music listener should have some kind of visions while listening to music, and thats what I feel during Ka Sol, Derango,...

Well, have you ever been into a Swedish forest during a storm at night? That's how the music tend to feel...

Trees making weird noises, leaves falling, Trolls dancing around you to eat you alive, melodies made by scared people that want the bad spirits to go away... the basslines are nothing else then Giants coming out of the mountains..., every step is a bassline... etc...

Every music listener should have some kind of visions while listening to music, and thats what I feel during Ka Sol, Derango,...

366004[/snapback]

See? Troll psy! That would make sense. :)

Forest psy would be more calm stuff. B)