good psy from other genres?

Fugpuggler

anyone know of cool tracks that most peep into psy may not know about? like tracks made from artists on completely different styles of music? i know 1 track from a black metal band: and oceans - new model world, it uses more goth/industrial style patches for the melody, then later has a part that sounds like ubar tmar... quite a unique track tho

anyone know of cool tracks that most peep into psy may not know about? like tracks made from artists on completely different styles of music? i know 1 track from a black metal band: and oceans - new model world, it uses more goth/industrial style patches for the melody, then later has a part that sounds like ubar tmar... quite a unique track tho

352133[/snapback]

yeah, check out the instumental "cluster one" by pink floyd. beautiful and 100% psychedelic.

oh yeah, another space rock band thats very psychadelic would be Ozric Tentacles. highly reccomended to everyone!

and yeah that cluster 1 is one of the coolest ambient tracks ever!

352242[/snapback]

I love the ozricss :ph34r:

lol, you're talking about an ocean here, not a glass..

where do i start... :rolleyes:

how about...

Tipsy

Swans

Sabres of Paradise...

Einsturzende Neubaten

Richard Devine

Bongwater

Sun Ra

keep going?

Einsturzende Neubaten s bass player have came to Turkey and made a colloboration with two of our most far out artists and they re called BABA ZULA and the two albums are called

Baba Zula - Psychebelly dance music

Baba Zula - Double Oriental

the producer is mad proffesor by the way, the music is turkish oriental, dub, psychedelic :) its crazy

http://www.babazula.com/sf-index-language-en.htm

its worth checking out

GREAT THREAD!

*applauses*

I didn't know Tiamat made such a cool track ... checked it out and it's really good :)

The stuff I can recommend isn't much ... the only music I know that has much similarity to psy sometimes is industrial. Frontline Assembly would be a good band to check out in this direction.

When you're in a blue mood, check out one of the newer albums of Ulver - a band that evolved from black metal to depressive synth chillout :P

Darkwave music has also some similarities to psy sometimes ... Blutengel, Flesh Field, Assemblage 23, some Wolfsheim ... it just depends where you draw the border...

ooh yeah! thats been my fav tiamat song for years, that whole album is very deep and mellow ambient and one of the best "rock" albums ever! i thought of a few more psy kinda stuff yall might like, Phil Thornton - alien encounter. its trippy space ambient. also try The Gathering - How To Measure A Planet (the song not the album) for another long spacey ambient.

for a more 70s, funky psy side, check out String Cheese Incident - Rollover, Jamiroquai - Destitute Illusion, and maybe some parts of Particle - Launchpad

some experimental alternative might do it for some of ya, check out the albums Melvins - Stag (way different than their other albums, much more trippy atmospheres!) Mr Bungle - Disco Volante (truely twisted warped and mind fukkin weerd!!!) and Secret Chiefs 3 - Book M (most unique band ever! um... middle eastern surf techno??? at least you MUST hear the tracks Safina, Blaze Of The Grail, and Welcome to the Theatron Animatronique!!!)