The Shitty Remix Contest

Basilisk

Russia is kind of low on quality, I will agree. Overlap/Neoris is great, there is some Kindzadza I like, and then one or two songs from Fungus Funk and so on. The long-time producers Parasense have made maybe three songs that I think are good, out of literally hundreds. What's the idea there? Anyway... could be better. Deja Vu releasing 10 steaming turds in one month is not doing anything great for the ratio (though I admit I will nab the Terminator CD whenever it becomes available)...

Remix of the day is certainly Lani's Temple of Love cover... what a great song :D

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Russia is kind of low on quality, I will agree. Overlap/Neoris is great, there is some Kindzadza I like, and then one or two songs from Fungus Funk and so on. The long-time producers Parasense have made maybe three songs that I think are good, out of literally hundreds. What's the idea there? Anyway... could be better. Deja Vu releasing 10 steaming turds in one month is not doing anything great for the ratio (though I admit I will nab the Terminator CD whenever it becomes available)...

354031[/snapback]

i don't know about the parties, but a lot of the music is fantastic!

Dejavu has been releasing too much, i agree - though it's not all Russian by any means. also Vertigo and Insomnia are still top notch.. and Dejavu's early compilations like Zen and Zen 2 are still classics.

and Parasense, only 3 good tracks??? wha??? tape label system, iron punk, crakakot, birdday, vodka fx, vesna, karnataka punk, crow, sony rmx, 3to kpyto, ritual of drugs.. i can keep going. they almost single handedly started the whole dark psy movement. and kindzadza made it what it is now.. but no big deal.

and what about

transdriver

weird walker

mungusid

cpc

cybered

in r voice/aerodance

fuzzion

abnormal

furious

osom

psykovsky

freaking (zolod)

candypower

i almost forgot planum..

i can keep going..

you guys might not like dark psy, maybe that's why you rag on russian music. oh well, to each their own, right?

freaking (zolod) = terminator = 1/2 parasense.

Well, I'm not into dark that much - I'm not listening to it 24/7, not begining my day with it nor falling asleep to it (=not goth :D), but there certainly are acts that I enjoy hugely - Para Halu, Ka-Sol, Battle of the Future Buddhas, Ocelot, Derango, Procs, Entropy, GoW.

freaking (zolod) = terminator = 1/2 parasense.

Well, I'm not into dark that much - I'm not listening to it 24/7, not begining my day with it nor falling asleep to it (=not goth :D), but there certainly are acts that I enjoy hugely - Para Halu, Ka-Sol, Battle of the Future Buddhas, Ocelot, Derango, Procs, Entropy, GoW.

354080[/snapback]

well, I think Russians definitely make some of the best dark psy out there - i don't like all of it, and a lot of it is too hard and minimal for my taste, but there are a lot of gems and when i feel the need to let off some steam or get the crowd into a frenzy, i usually go for a Russian track or a few.

and for some reason, i like Freaking but not Terminator.. hehe. Terminator is just too minimal, imo.

so you're a dj too =]

354097[/snapback]

lol, yes indeed..

anyway, we've hijacked this thread pretty good..

off to search for more shitty remixes now. :)

Dejavu has been releasing too much, i agree - though it's not all Russian by any means. also Vertigo and Insomnia are still top notch.. and Dejavu's early compilations like Zen and Zen 2 are still classics.

and Parasense, only 3 good tracks??? wha??? tape label system, iron punk, crakakot, birdday, vodka fx, vesna, karnataka punk, crow, sony rmx, 3to kpyto, ritual of drugs.. i can keep going. they almost single handedly started the whole dark psy movement. and kindzadza made it what it is now.. but no big deal.

and what about

transdriver

weird walker

mungusid

cpc

cybered

in r voice/aerodance

fuzzion

abnormal

furious

osom

psykovsky

freaking (zolod)

candypower

i almost forgot planum..

i can keep going..

you guys might not like dark psy, maybe that's why you rag on russian music. oh well, to each their own, right?

354056[/snapback]

I happen to like the dark side... it's where I'm at these days. Xenomorph is playing right now :) most of those artists haven't produced more than a track or two that I've actually enjoyed. Fuzzion isn't quite like the rest but, same deal - that recent remix of Spies on Chronika 2 and Brown Eyed Girl are the only tunes I need. Cybered makes some decent techtrance but nothing essential yet, though you can tell he's nearly there. Psykovsky is great but released on a lot of crappy compils so I don't have much of his work (and actually, my favourite from him isn't even under the Psykovsky project!). But yeah, on the Parasense topic... Iron Punk, Terminator's Cube, and something from the new album (not sure which track yet) is the long list of what I actually would say is noteworthy. Some others could serve as filler here and there. It's just not there for me... though I fully admit I am liking their sound more and more with regards to their new productions. I generally find that the group has some cool ideas but gets lost in bad production at times (or technique - I think it's supposed to sound like that) or repetition/non-dynamism. No doubt I do have a differing view on the darkside than most adherents.

Hijacking continues. Who cares? This isn't Isratrance. Talk freely!

have you checked out Weird Walker? the best glitchy/minimal tech psytrance out there. Highly recommended.

as to Parasense, they've released enough top notch tracks to make one really great album - their recent style after the split has changed - better production, more variation, but nothing explosive like, say, Crakakot or the track off v/a Flip on Henfield.

Transdriver made some amazing tracks, can't wait for his album. Same with Mungusid. check v/a Psychedelic for New Yearthling from 2002/2003 (old promo release). Abnormal has a great future as well, very similar sound to Double REL and Naked Tourist, though more psychedelic. Russian psy is improving quite a bit lately - even Kindzadza has much better production now..

and see, I don't really like Xenomorph.. too "halloweeny" for my taste. :P

Since none of these so-called psy-trance masters have the balls to do a remix of a true classic, I stepped up to the plate and did it myself....

Prepare yourself for the ultimate remix...

Jikkenteki - Happy Birthday To You (Super Killargh Mix) !!!!!!!

http://www.par-2.com/choons/Jikkenteki%20-...argh%20Mix).mp3

...Actually I was begged by the staff at a party I usually spin at into making this for one of the organizer's birthday last Sat. They wanted it for when they brought the cake out in front of everyone. I resisted at first, but the idea of seeing just how embarrassed she would get proved too much so I threw it together the afternoon before... so just to make it clear.. THIS TRACK WAS MADE AS A JOKE.... :P

Since none of these so-called psy-trance masters have the balls to do a remix of a true classic, I stepped up to the plate and did it myself....

...Actually I was begged by the staff at a party I usually spin at into making this for one of the organizer's birthday last Sat. They wanted it for when they brought the cake out in front of everyone. I resisted at first, but the idea of seeing just how embarrassed she would get proved too much so I threw it together the afternoon before... so just to make it clear.. THIS TRACK WAS MADE AS A JOKE.... :P

355291[/snapback]

this is actually funny, wel done !!!

355291[/snapback]

this is good hahaha... dude i liked it! i would like to play this track in a friend's birthday lol haha

btw, this actually kicks skazi's ass... lol ahha..

funniest track in a while haha...