The end of Spirit Zone?

Templar

blah...

310015[/snapback]

Come on now man - how often do we have to go over this?

Stop disagreeing with everybody just for the sake of disagreeing... Spirit Zone was one of the most important labels on the scene housing influental acts like Space Tribe, Electric Universe, Shiva Chandra, Necton, S.U.N. Project, Spirallianz, K.U.R.O., Ooze, Gabriel Le Mar, etc, etc... Add to that the important Global Psychedelic Trance and Global Psychedelic Chill-Out series...

Some of frekking biggest names in psy-trance and you just write it off as "nothing special"? I agree that Blue Room was a bigger loss, but these labels are coming from the same place... The Infinity Project and Etnica even released some of their best work on Spirit Zone back in the hey-day...

Yeah - the quality level dropped in recent years, but that doesn't change the history of this once great label... And it definitely deserves some respect...

/DP

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Stop disagreeing with everybody just for the sake of disagreeing...

310028[/snapback]

When the worshipping gets too high-pitched, I HAVE to post my disagreement.

Like Space Tribe - what do they do/have ever done except spammed the scene with lots and lots of records? (almost like GMS!)

The same goes for Electric Universe, except their first album had a few good tracks.

When the worshipping gets too high-pitched, I HAVE to post my disagreement.

Like Space Tribe - what do they do/have ever done except spammed the scene with lots and lots of records? (almost like GMS!)

310041[/snapback]

Space Tribe WAS good... He made history with Simon Posford and Avi Algranati back in the days...

GMS WERE good... Their Hadshot Haheizar/TIP years were outstanding...

But you know what Cinos - I'm not gonna waste any more time arguing with you on this matter... It's futile...

/DP

But you know what Cinos - I'm not gonna waste any more time arguing with you on this matter... It's futile...

310046[/snapback]

No, it's not. I respect the experience you all undoubtely have... now if you could point me in the direction of good Space Tribe/GMS/Electric Universe tracks... :)

Guest The Journey Man Project

Look at the list traveller made.

Spirallianz? Like X-Dream - Completely different, much more distored and heavy, with a bit more groove.

Space Tribe? Only other act to come close to Hallucinogen's standard, altho the cheesey samples got a bit much..

Shiva Chandra? Boring - amazing progression trhu styles over time

Ooze? - Very special and spiritual, especialy if you have been to that country.

Etnica? Classix!! So original!!

Electric Universe- The most true Goa artists

GMS?  - Still rock as much as they did back in the 90's, beats most of the Israeli shit coming out, and 90% of the euro rave full on trash!!

310015[/snapback]

All in all I think Spirit Zone actually offered more than Twisted everdid, very special label indeed@@

what a shame. I just got to know this lable. Spiritjack is another good album they did release, or actually a sublable to them. is Plusquam Records defunct now too then?

what a shame. I just got to know this lable. Spiritjack is another good album they did release, or actually a sublable to them. is Plusquam Records defunct now too then?

310321[/snapback]

No - Plusquam seperated from Spirit Zone a couple of years back and is now a seperate entity...

/DP

How would having been in Sweden make Ooze better? I LIVE there, and don't like it.

(ooze IS swedish, right?)

310059[/snapback]

each to their own I spent 9 months there with this cd just after it came out and it had many a great time with it in that country... Ooze is 1/2 Son Kite... each to their own mate ;)

Awww...

Spirit Zone biting the dust?

That's one of the least things I expected ... I first thought it's a joke, that's why I never looked in here ... come on, they were a big label and had some nice artists ... Shiva Chandra, SUN Project, Ooze ... and their Global Psychedelic Trance series was even avaliable in commercial stores where you can find Bravo Hits and shit ... how come that they go down?

*shakes head*

ah btw ... where can I still get such sellout CDs ... anybody knows? :ph34r:

All i can say is that Electric Universe is in the studio preparing his new album and three tracks are ready as we speak one of which is a remix on Implant featuring Anne Clark.Also 3-4 new tunes will soon be released on various compilations one of which on the upcoming Exposure Productions compilation named Grey Area in September.

More info soon :)

Concerning Spirit Zone the label was supposed to close sooner or later after what happened with EFA.

Such a pitty indeed.

All i can say is that Electric Universe is in the studio preparing his new album and three tracks are ready as we speak one of which is a remix on Implant featuring Anne Clark.Also 3-4 new tunes will soon be released on various compilations one of which on the upcoming Exposure Productions compilation named Grey Area in September.

More info soon :)

Concerning Spirit Zone the label was supposed to close sooner or later after what happened with EFA.

Such a pitty indeed.

310869[/snapback]

Great for Electric Universe ! I hope he doesn't continue with his new developed full on style what he did with Cosmic Experience.

Umm, what happend to EFA ? Have no idea... :unsure:

Ooze bought back the rights of his first album from Spirit Zone once they started heading into pure full on because he did not belive the album held the same values as his music. This was stated on Isratrance. He is busy with Son Kite and other side projects, and seeing as Ooze ishis special project that takes much more time than Trance and House music, it has been put on hold except for rare moments in time.

I love Ooze. I wonder he mean by "values". there's no lyrics, I could only see that ambient music in general hold some sort of emotional value. but I guess there might be more in the music on the artist side than we hear.

I think "Where the fields never end" is probably one of the best chill-cd's ever released :P

It's Sebastian Mullaert from Son Kite, who also operates under other aliasses like Filur and Kooler. He also compiled the 3 Chillosophy compilations.

Togheter with Marcus they also have their more housey project Minilogue.

These guys have come a long way since their pumping minimal debut & aren't going to run out of ideas any time soon...

• 3 weeks later...

Spirallianz? Like X-Dream.

Space Tribe? Generic stuff.

Shiva Chandra? Boring.

Sbk? Who the heck?

Ooze? Ambient mediocreness.

Gabriel le mar is not too bad.

Etnica? Well if you like that style...

Electric Universe? Generic stuff.

GMS?

Haven't heard Spirallianz, but if they are like old xdream i probably like [ trip to transylvania is good :D ]

Generic stuff? They have some dope tracks...

Shiva Chandra - SPICY MOMENTS is a GREAT album... their other stuff is probably boring ... havent heard all of them

SBK, havent heard enough, havent formed an opinion yet.

Etnica earlier stuff is not bad at all... some GREAT tracks such as Trip Tonight e.g

Electric Universe "generic"... wtf is "generic" supposed to mean????

GMS arent my favourites had some a-bit-above-average tracks in the past, now they have become boring.

Guest djnemo

I cant believe that a "major" label would have to close down because of a distro going bankrupt.... unless of course, the distro stood for all of the releases, and antaro didnt do jack... in that case, i think we are better off anyways :)