what's some quality old school goa?

cubicidal

check the following albums/compilations...

SHAKTA - SILICON TRIP

MFG - THE PROPHECY

MFG - PROJECT GENESIS

CHI-A.D - INFINITISM

ETNICA - ALIEN PROTEIN

PLEIADIANS - IFO

PLEIADIANS - FAMILY OF LIGHT

ASIA 2001 - AMAZONE

MIRANDA - REAL RUSH

HALLUCINOGEN - TWISTED

DISTANCE TO GOA 1

APSARA[released in 2005 but it's mostly old-skool influenced sound]

Yeah, I've read through a ton of them.

SHAKTA - SILICON TRIP -- Have it, it's awesome.

MFG - THE PROPHECY -- Have this one too, but doesn't have quite the "old school" sound I'm thinking of.

MFG - PROJECT GENESIS -- Same as above.

CHI-A.D - INFINITISM -- Haven't heard this but will look for it.

ETNICA - ALIEN PROTEIN -- Have it, I like it but doesn't quite "click" with my tastes as well as other CDs have.

PLEIADIANS - IFO -- Have it, absolutely amazing.

PLEIADIANS - FAMILY OF LIGHT -- Don't have it, will look.

ASIA 2001 - AMAZONE -- I think I might've heard them... not sure...

MIRANDA - REAL RUSH -- I have Phenomena which is really good... I'll look for that too.

HALLUCINOGEN - TWISTED -- Easily one of the best of all time.

DISTANCE TO GOA 1 -- I usually look more for albums than collections

APSARA -- Haven't heard it, looking for it.

well maybe I could recommend something... let me think... music with that good ol' goa vibe :)

hmm...

Total Eclipse - Violent Relaxation (CD1)

green nuns of the revolution - rock bitch mafia

bypass unit - dropz of obscure eclipses

cosmosis - cosmology

ubar tmar - fusion

there ya go mate :->

I really like the sounds of Dimension 5 - Blue Pyramid, all of Shakta, Solar Quest... but I have no idea where to go from here. Can anyone help?

299069[/snapback]

in that case go for Dimension 5 - Transdimensional, and their second album Second phaze also, less spectauclar but more mature, both are perfect old school goa trance.

Also agree with Green nuns of the revolution - Rock bitch mafia

Chi-A.D. - Infinitism

i add Jaïa - Blue energy, you will surely love it.

Astral projection - Dancing galaxy, Trust In Trance 3, Another world

California sunshine - Nasha

and for something weirdest give a try to Battle of the future Buddhas - Twin sharkfins

I've got the Dimension 5 albums... they're nothing like that one "Blue Pyramid" track. "Blue Pyramid" captures exactly the essence of what I (perhaps falsely like an ignorant fuck) consider really good "old school" goa. Sounds of cracking whips, great emphasis on treble, tons of old acid synths and crazy, extremely acidic drum rhythms...

I'd put a lot of Solar Quest's "Acid Ophilez" in that category.

Guest The Journey Man Project

A simple way, but expensive I guess seeing as you have ot buy second hand on ebay or something, is to get Pulse Volume 1-6 and Tantrance volum 1-8

They have most of the big hits from the start until about 1999 and it's 2 cd's of trance per compilation, got 'em all and I lurve them!!

A taste of Dragonfly Vol 1 - This can be evry good to hear some goa artists for you, as it includes names like Hallucinogen, Pleidians, UX, Shakta

Crop Circles - Lunar Civilization is a very nice single and I remember singles being greta in old school goa it is not that albums were not good but there so many names and so many powerful singles that had no albums...

If you like the sound of 303 like me you ll go crazy for Green Nuns of the Revolution but they had only one album Rock bitch Mafia (Matt from GNOTR releasaed a chill album a few weeks ago, so he is still connected to scene but I wish he brought back crazy and fun 303 lines)

I also enjoyed old Cosmosis when they twirled my head with Howling at the moon (again an ep) and remember going crazy at the last climax of Alien Disco

One of my personal favourite is Psygone, Psygone was one of the first to introduce me to goa, I cant still say enough about the times I heard Kashmir on open air parties...

On the lighter side clinging near cheese border but never failing at those times was Muses Rapt with Spiritual Healing, that told me a lot of stories as well...

Dont know if Transwave has been told but I think you ve gotta check out Phototropic....

and actually Electric Universe is good and I think still is especially live. Now they are full on but still i feel the goa vibe when they play. Maybe it was full on then too but we havent invited the name yet and we enjoyed their tunes more, listen to Blue planet or even older staff from Boris Blenn - Paradise Connection

So many more from Pigs in Space to Kundalini, Groupie Syndrome to Toi Doi

but keep in mind in this genre sticking only to albums may make you loose so many valuable material. So many good compilations and singles were always there :)

WELCOME TO THE WORLD OF GOA 3ö