Stay away Devil worshippers!

Guest .::E.P

I'm talking about the way the word is pronounced. Say "mån skiva" and then "bom shiva" and you will notice that they sound identical.

They do not sound identical.

For sure they are not spelled the same, since sanskrit use a completly different alphabet. So the word "Shiva" does actually not exist since it's an attempt to recreate the sound of the name.

Sometimes it's spelled Shiva, sometimes Siva and I have also seen Siba.

288758[/snapback]

Shiva, siva or siba, it still doesn't mean skiva, disc or wheel in swedish.

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They do not sound identical.

I don't know which word you or I have a problem pronouncing.

I can not tell the difference for sure, and I can not pronounce the difference, so for me it's not impossible the words is connected even IF there would be a very miniscule difference.

We don't say "kiva" with an "s" before it. If you would translate "skiva" to sanskrit you would use the exact same sign as used when writing the name "Shiva".

Shiva, siva or siba, it still doesn't mean skiva, disc or wheel in swedish.

So if one way of writing the sanskrit "sh" sound would been like the Swedish "sk" it would be the exact same word?

I don't think so, and thats not what I'm trying to say, but the association can be there regardless.

Brahman does not mean good man in swedish either, thats "bra man".

Sanskrit does not mean true writing, thats "Sann skrift".

Still there is an association in the words that seems quite fitting, coincidence or not.

Since there should have been a connection in the ancient past between the indian and scandinavian cultures it's not impossible that it's not a coincidence.

Swedish is part of the "Indo-European" group of languages after all.

But of course it's all speculation and association on my behalf, and I don't understand what you trying to point out with that "Shiva" and "skiva" is so vastly different.

I was presenting my understanding of the symbolics behind the Devil and Shiva.

To try to disprove that understanding by nitpicking about some inaudible differences in the pronounciation is irreleveant..

It cannot be disproven, because we are not talking about facts but association.

I make the association beteen the name "Shiva" and the "månskiva and solskiva".

You obviously don't, but that a sanskrit "sh" sound does not get translated as "sk" like we use sometimes in Sweden to descibe a "sh" sound is an absolutley pointless argumentation.

detox... firstly.. you are judging too much..  if I understood you correctly, you say EVERYBODY using the devil is just for advertisement.. did you make a psychological analysis and/or questioned them about it ?  How can you know so much? maybe, and probably, some of them use it because they are on a specific part of their life that they need to express the darker sides of themselves, and its a creator factor, not JUST advertisement... if you had studied psychology, you would know that facing and incorporating the darkside in ourselves is one of the most important phases of our psychic development.

and secondly, 'dark' images such as monsters, devils and demons are not necessarily a 'bad' thing, and actually at times its a very 'good' thing from a psychological and creative point of view, for the reasons noted above, so they dont give a 'bad' name to trance, just as seemingly 'light' images in cds dont necessarily give a 'good' name to trance

daniel, you speak very correctly and I fully agree with you..

285638[/snapback]

No need to add anything

<_<:unsure::rolleyes:B)