Black lung - coming of the dark age

RAH

Did ANYBODY flip through the samples of these people?

http://www.saikosounds.com/english/show_ar...?artist_id=3022

they were god awful... talk about industrial-noise-junk! my speakers were pleading for a rest, and so were my ears... :ph34r:

are there any fans of this here? i would like to know what draws you to this music... im not trying to bash anyone or start a flame war, but i don't think i spotted ONE mellody in all that noise :huh: maybe for samples...

i felt compelled to discuss

i havent heard the one u talk about

but black lungs sound is not something you r going to appreciate from listening to samples....

my favourite from black lung is silent weapons for quiet wars.. but i pretty much like anything he s into! another goodie is the one with the sample about lung cancer (cant remember title..) btw, i also like some stuff he made as snog..

now, the reason why i like it? hmm first of all do you like ANY such music? if u dont, theres not a chance you ll see why black lung is good music! i guess you must have an ear for experimental trashy stuff... do u listen to anything by ad noiseam or ant zen? i cant say i have really researched their sound, but even some basic research will put this crazy muzak into context

it is very "experimental".. very trancey (without any resemblance to the trance genre)

i always get in a trippy mood when listening.. he sort of navigates you through dark landscapes and i get dragged in the atmosphere!

as for melody, it depends what u think melodies are.. you wont find acid lines, thats for sure!

sometimes it does get lost in noise for too long, but usually its "noise that makes sense"..

"they were god awful... talk about industrial-noise-junk! my speakers were pleading for a rest, and so were my ears..." : this is a perfect way to start a flame war btw ; )

alright, whatever tickles your pickle :)

i like to think is not so much about bad music, but at the time you play it .... if i ever get into this mood, ill be sure to report back.

I think i was a little fast to judge this, and i apologise if i hurt your blackned lung feelings ;)

Guest The Journey Man Project

Black Lung is very good political music... it is not just about the music, if you actually buy the album you get a big booklet that discussed various research and views on issues in today's world... the music is the emotions concerning these issues... it is pretty heavy industrail music, but there are so many style I can't stand, so I never listen to them... it is weird this is being sold on psytrance shops I'll admit, bnut psyharmonics never release traditional stuff... I suggest you either grab a copy and listen to the story in full, or just ignorit and stop trashing it ;)

Black Lung is very good political music... it is not just about the music, if you actually buy the album you get a big booklet that discussed various research and views on issues in today's world... the music is the emotions concerning these issues... it is pretty heavy industrail music, but there are so many style I can't stand, so I never listen to them... it is weird this is being sold on psytrance shops I'll admit, bnut psyharmonics never release traditional stuff... I suggest you either grab a copy and listen to the story in full, or just ignorit and stop trashing it ;)

274089[/snapback]

i never got into the more abstract industrial sound, so that explains why this is not particularly my thing. I came strong in my opinion and i already apologized for it. I was nevertheless open enough to start this thread to hear what other people that DID like this stuff had to say, out of personal curiosity. And i considered myself enlightened now...

David Thrussel is a fukin' smart man. I've seen him do spoken word and its a real treat.

Black Lung is an acquired taste, bloody outstanding though. He has many projects.

Snog is probably my favorite, simply cos' its catchy, extremely well structured, and very, very thought provoking. Mc Donalds banned his cover, brilliant!

The artwork itself is amazing.

Anyway, Thruster plays some nice DJ sets as well. He deserves respect, dig a little deeper and I'm sure you will agree. Plus he's an Aussie. ;)

Did ANYBODY flip through the samples of these people?

http://www.saikosounds.com/english/show_ar...?artist_id=3022

they were god awful... talk about industrial-noise-junk! my speakers were pleading for a rest, and so were my ears...  :ph34r:

are there any fans of this here? i would like to know what draws you to this music... im not trying to bash anyone or start a flame war, but i don't think i spotted ONE mellody in all that noise  :huh:  maybe for samples...

i felt compelled to discuss

274046[/snapback]

hehe, that´s funny, I thought this was one of the more interesting releases sold on psyshop the last couple of weeks. Although it´s not trance it´s somehow psychedelic in its own way (at least for me). It takes you on a deep and apocalyptical journey, and there´s absolutely no problem listening to the whole thing in one shot. I think you simply have to get used to the industrial sound. :)

I like Black Lung.

Like The Nam Shub Of Enki`s more experimental pieces, this is deconstruction of sound (Haven`t heard this new album, though)

I like Black Lung.

Like The Nam Shub Of Enki`s more experimental pieces, this is deconstruction of sound (Haven`t heard this new album, though)

274331[/snapback]

i have been reading a few good things about this Nam Shub of Enki, guess now i have reason to check it out as well

first of all it is a psy-harmonics release so keep your mouths shut at once it is a cult release...black lung's new album is the future of psychedelic experimental noise as the psyharmonic guys want to make their label sound (remember the 45min track of SWM)...

many bravos...CULT

haha ... i guess CULT applies to psyharmonics 100%

i think that their releases we ll like even more in say 10 years from now, when normal trance tastes will probably have faded!

and yes, i totally agree the sounds of black lung describes the emotions he has on a political/philosophical sphere... thats why its special!

i also love holeg and the spies for the same reason...

Okay, now I got curious and checked the samples.

It's definitely not something I would like to listen to often. But sometimes maybe ... when I'm in this special mood.

It's not that messed up as it sounds.

Unikos has put it well:

"noise that makes sense"

If you want something really fucked up, then check out noise ... Brighter Death Now for example ... :ph34r: