Replicant Redux

Basilisk

Posted Image

Consider this mix a tribute to the dark futuristic mood of tech noir, an artistic style of literature and film best known from the movie Blade Runner. Once again, this is the product of many months of track selection and conceptual germination. The flow of the set is programmed like a descent, from the synthetic progressive grooves that nonchalantly begin the tale, through increasingly mechanical techtrance sounds, into the deepest realms of richly cinematic psychedelic techno. A trio of increasingly atmospheric tracks lead the mix to a thoughtful conclusion.

Tracklist:

01 :: Nyquist - Flatline [Plusquam]

02 :: Sativa - Clean Machine [b.P.F.]

03 :: La Baaz - Scrool [sub.machine]

04 :: Lunaspice - Melodeep [Cold Groove]

05 :: Phony Orphants - Global Wonderground (Llopis Remix) [iboga]

06 :: Tetraktys - Migration [sub.machine]

07 :: Spirallianz - Bitnapped [spirit Zone]

08 :: Ticon - We Are the Mammoth Hunters (BLT Remix) [Hom-Mega]

09 :: Sensient - Sublime [Groove Zone]

10 :: Tetraktys - Quiet [Aeon]

11 :: Opsis - Just Like Breathing [Headstick]

12 :: X-Dream - Psychomachine (Midi Miliz Remix) [Moonflower]

13 :: Juno Reactor - Mutant Message [Metropolis]

14 :: Kiwa - Lahti Skyline [surreal Audio]

15 :: Vangelis - Damask Rose [Warner]

256k mp3 .torrent (142 megs)

(for information on how to use .torrent files see bittorrent.com)

* CD quality mix available for burning...

well, thnx ) but haven't got any torrent clients or whatever... will be waiting to see it od dc ;)

262359[/snapback]

:( Neither do I...

• 2 weeks later...

torrent is dead, reseed please :P

This has been here a week? Somehow I failed to notice...

Well, I'm d/ling at .5k/sec, this could take a while. But the tracklist looks ace and I really enjoyed your last mix, basilisk.

Sweet cover art too. You make that yourself?

torrent is dead, reseed please :P

268809[/snapback]

Damn, that's peculiar. I think Azureus crapped out a couple of days ago... I restarted it now and instantly the files were flying out at 60k/s. Sorry about the availability/speed issues, guess I've got to give that cranky program a boot every once in a while.

This has been here a week?  Somehow I failed to notice...

Well, I'm d/ling at .5k/sec, this could take a while.  But the tracklist looks ace and I really enjoyed your last mix, basilisk.

Sweet cover art too.  You make that yourself?

268828[/snapback]

Thanks, that is indeed some of my own art. There is also a back cover, slightly different, with a tracklist. I had a great time putting some of my own digital photography to use in a design project! I think it really worked out - people ask me every once in a while who 'she' is, not realizing...

Thanks, that is indeed some of my own art. There is also a back cover, slightly different, with a tracklist. I had a great time putting some of my own digital photography to use in a design project! I think it really worked out - people ask me every once in a while who 'she' is, not realizing...

268851[/snapback]

That must be one of the very best compliments you could get as a digital artist. Good work, btw!

finally listened. ;)

The first thing I must say is, you have excellent track selection and flow. Going from each track to the next is just a gentle gearshift (probably not too hard with music this repetitive, if you choose the right tracks, eh?) an you maintain an overall "story arc." Individually, these are are very deep, minimal, groove-oriented tracks - any fucker can beat match them in any order they like. But to actually get the tracks to actually SAY something - which you have done - is far harder. There's almost nothing to work with except subtle changes in tone, yet the mix definitely "progresses" throughout its duration. Now, personally I didn't like some of the percussive, housier tracks near the middle of the mix as much (though they fit well in context), but that's just my preference, which you shouldn't worry about.

Haha, I was just wondering if you were gonna throw any samples into this, then I heard pieces of what I assume is Vangelis. Nice.

So yeah, great job, keep it up, sounds good, and all that. Many prog house dj's would kill to sound this fluid.

• 4 months later...

Well, after you install the client from bittorrent.com you download the .torrent and double click it. It should ask you where you want to save it. That doesn't work?

And thanx amphip... :D

352482[/snapback]

nope just came home... it's been open the program for 4 hours and still 0% downloading...

it doesn't work...

is it an option ????

I really want this :unsure:

I think no one is seeding the torrent anymore, you two are too late! :)