5 Most Influential Psy-Trance Acts of All-Time

Empty Space

Guest .::E.P

Usual stupid remarks about your music ? ? ? Where did you see them ?

You are crazy EP...no one mentioned your music, not HERE ! And plus, I even like your music, you twisted f*ck ! :P

261451[/snapback]

So I was seeing things out of the blue that was not here when you made a list of my projects like this:

"Ok then, I'll say what influenced more without having my favourites here...Here is my definite list :

ELYSIUM

SHEYBA

KAILASH

ELYSIUM PROJECT

HOLMS & ANDERSEN

Ok ?"

and after wrote comments like this:

"Which ones ? Medicine Drum that made music before you...Who else ?

No, I don't want to bitch, I am not like you...but please don't be so strict and then expect evryone to take your opinion as valuable..."

Instantly telling me that i am bitching because I say what I believe in.

And I did not know this was a competition about who did what first and I did not know that it was fobidden for me to have an opinion in this topic without having to be reminded that I am an artists (and by that should keep quite - in some people's opinion).

Nice way of sidetracking the question... What artists have you influenced? I'm honestly interested, cause I think your music is quite special.

Nice way of sidetracking the question... What artists have you influenced? I'm honestly interested, cause I think your music is quite special.

261465[/snapback]

I dont know what artists I have influenced? How can I know? You have to ask people or artists that question. It's very hard to answer such qustions but I am sure we all influenced eachother just like artists continue to do that today.

I dont know what artists I have influenced?  How can I know?  You have to ask people or artists that question.  It's very hard to answer such qustions but I am sure we all influenced eachother just like artists continue to do that today.

261469[/snapback]

You can't say you've infuenced others if you don't know who. You're just speculating!

You can't say you've infuenced others if you don't know who. You're just speculating!

261474[/snapback]

Hmm and the point is? I can easily say I influenced people with my music.. as a matter of fact i know i have...by recieveing e-mails from people and meeting people who told me... but artists is another matter.... not many artists sit around and clap eachother shoulders.... at least not the artists I hang around with ;)

I did hear from Indoor that my project with Jean Borelli "Sheyba" had influenced them a lot...Especially "Acient lands"

But as I said this is not really about me and my music but about if you can claim that a few bands / artists inspired a whole scene.. I claim it's nonsense as the scene is so much more than the obvious "top 10" artists.

Edited by .::E.P

Well, if you are talkin about influeces... i think that Juno Reactor shouldnt be in the list and i will explain why.

Juno's sound in very unique, no other psy group has music that get even a little close to thier sound and style..... i dont see any other gruops that have the Juno syndrome in it......

Astral projection.........

Well, Astral projection had been insperation to other israeli groups such as MFG etc...

Halluconogen... well come on! i dont have to explain! been isperation for manny groups around the globe

Well, if you are talkin about influeces... i think that Juno Reactor shouldnt be in the list and i will explain why.

Juno's sound in very unique, no other psy group has music that get even a little close to thier sound and style..... i dont see any other gruops that have the Juno syndrome in it......

261480[/snapback]

Juno Reactors influences always appear later... they are pushing the music forward. Others catch up to their albums only a lot later.

hmm and the point is?

261478[/snapback]

You said you know you've influenced others. Yet you can't tell who.

Halluconogen... well come on! i dont have to explain! been isperation for manny groups around the globe

well actually if you REALLY want to push it, it was more like Simon P got his influences from The Infinity Project... and while we're at it, most early goatrance got its influences from german trance artists that noone really considers to be goatrance in the first place like Dance 2 Trance, Jam & Spoon, Cafe Del Mar, etc...

This could be a very interesting thread if people tried to actually spot artist influencing rather than just make a list of their favorite 5 producers...

Anyway, after a few hours thought, here is my list:

GMS Need I describe how their full-on formula caught on to be a genre in itself?

Har-Ell Prusky yes yes, once upon a time there was AP... but BEFORE AP was actually making trance (they were making industrial in the very early 90s) there was a certain Har-El making the dreamy music that was later to be known as morning israeli trance

KLF These guys were making trance before anyone knew what the hell trance was! What Time is Love? is seen by a LOT of people as being THE first goatrance track. AND almost 20(!!) years later it STILL sounds good!!

Prana Not 100% sure about this one but I've heard that Scarab was made in... 1992!! Definatley WAY before its time, you'd have to wait until 95-96 to find similar fast paced and energetic goatrance. If there's ONE track that I should single out as the first truly oldschool goa track it would be this one...

But the absolute kings of influence IMO are X-Dream !! I consider them to be the starters of 3 trends actually: the less layered slower-paced style that was to become progressive; the dirty mechanical techno-sounding style that was to become techtrance as well as "dark trance"...

I agree!

Har-ell prussky...... what an amazing musician!

his early music have some techno influeces... like New Pagan World for example...

from 1995, and Pagan Moon Child...from 1994

i know he has even more early releases.... But........ who knows were they are and how they maid people fly 13+ years ago...... this music will proboply last only n the memmories of those who has been there.....

I think it is sad, that no one have mentioned Sri Hari/The Overlords/Koxbox/Psychopod yet. (I don't want to include Saiko-Pod, and I already know that Frank'E and Peter Candy wasn't a part of all these)

They were something special, I think believe in that they MUST have influenced some people, with their creativity, and their way of seeing things.

But as EP already said, music is subjective, and that is the way it is.

I can tell you EP, one of the first tracks I fell in love with, was Sheyba - Ganesh :)

Take Care

Tore

I think it is sad, that no one have mentioned Sri Hari/The Overlords/Koxbox/Psychopod yet. (I don't want to include Saiko-Pod, and I already know that Frank'E and Peter Candy wasn't a part of all these)

They were something special, I think believe in that they MUST have influenced some people, with their creativity, and their way of seeing things.

Well I agree with The Overlords... but again, IMO Koxbox has a too distinctive style to be called "influential"... and Saiko-Pod just followed the minimal/ prgressive trend, I don't really find that project influential at all, more like influenced. Psychopod were around since the early days though although AFAIK they only released a handfull of tracks.

Well I agree with The Overlords... but again, IMO Koxbox has a too distinctive style to be called "influential"... and Saiko-Pod just followed the minimal/ prgressive trend, I don't really find that project influential at all, more like influenced. Psychopod were around since the early days though although AFAIK they only released a handfull of tracks.

261950[/snapback]

The Headlines EP looks like an album to me, BUT I know it is called EP. :)

Personally I would replace Astral Projection with Wizzy Noise in your original list Empty Space.  Once a upon a time they were groundbreaking but not so much anymore and I feel there are other producers that are more indicitive of the sound. 

261243[/snapback]

Wizzy Noise were inspired few bits by X-Dream :P

Texas Faggot were very inspirational too for the Finnish sounds

and

Talamasca for the full on sound?

and may Cosma too for his type of music??

Synchro - Science Friction album??

Ticon - Rewind album??

GMS too for all the their clones out there. and they were inspirational to themselves too.

this was based on an artist releasing music and others copying the style.

khatmandu, you made some good points there...;) But I don't agree about Synchro...What new he did ? I agree about Ticon but I more go for Atmos as an influence on modern progressive for sure. His album HEADCLEANER set the progressive standards in 2000. And, yeah, Wizzy is heavily influenced by X-Dream, no question...Someone mentioned Cosmosis, I agree, but they are sharing place with Green Nuns for those acidic goa lines...;)