What new music did you get today?

DeathPosture

Nice GF, when living together with 2 mates, man you have to beat the shit out of each other to have the right kind of music playing :) I lived once with 2 mates and they were fanatic hop-hopers, and I don't like hip-hop , I even prefer fullon to that...

That's too bad :angry: :angry: :angry:

So you got them, eh?

I've meaning to buy them, but 18 euros a piece seems a little expensive... not knowing for sure if they're going to be good, or just random scraps put to together to sell more albums. Admitted, everything FSOL should be gold, but still...

Care to do a little review? I'm really curious! :)

So you got them, eh?

I've meaning to buy them, but 18 euros a piece seems a little expensive... not knowing for sure if they're going to be good, or just random scraps put to together to sell more albums. Admitted, everything FSOL should be gold, but still...

Care to do a little review? I'm really curious! :)

Hi. Yes, I have got them (had to!). I don't have time to write reviews now, and I haven't listened to them enough yet to do so. Anyway, from what I have heard so far, it sounds really good. But you have to enjoy a bit experimental ambient stuff to like it, which I love... With other words, there isn't any "hit" material here, but plain quality/creative electronic music from the "golden years" of FSOL... Some of it might sound a little bit outdated today, but comparing it to all the tons of crap music being released everywhere these days, this IS gold in my ears... At least for those of us who miss certain sound pictures of ambient from the "old days". So, if you have been a big fan of FSOL all the way, I would say these three pieces of plastic is a must have in your collecion... I will for sure enjoy these three CDs on repeat in the weeks to come, and let them grow on me. This kind of music needs a bit time to really sink in.

PKS

Hi. Yes, I have got them (had to!). I don't have time to write reviews now, and I haven't listened to them enough yet to do so. Anyway, from what I have heard so far, it sounds really good. But you have to enjoy a bit experimental ambient stuff to like it, which I love... With other words, there isn't any "hit" material here, but plain quality/creative electronic music from the "golden years" of FSOL... Some of it might sound a little bit outdated today, but comparing it to all the tons of crap music being released everywhere these days, this IS gold in my ears... At least for those of us who miss certain sound pictures of ambient from the "old days". So, if you have been a big fan of FSOL all the way, I would say these three pieces of plastic is a must have in your collecion... I will for sure enjoy these three CDs on repeat in the weeks to come, and let them grow on me. This kind of music needs a bit time to really sink in.

PKS

Ok, that was enough for me. :) They were already on my to-buy list, but this means I really have to get them. I have been an enormous fan of everything FSOL has put out, until the Isness. Haven't listened to the hippie-rock-amorphous-stuff well enough to know whether I like it or not, but the one thing that made me doubt these new releases a little bit, was a lack of sound quality and coherence. All their best older stuff were very story-like, sinking-deep-into-the-music tales. I was afraid these were gonna be just leftovers and scraps, but well... I am a collecter when it comes to FSOL, so I guess I'll go get this.

Thanks for the small review, PKS. :)

Ontopic:

The KLF - The White Room (didn't know there was so much vocal stuff in there...)

The KLF - Chill Out

The Herbaliser - Blow Your Headphones

VA - Funkjazztical Tricknology (I love every single Ninja Tune VA)

:)

Yes, to much weird sounds. I can imagine her liking some more regular tracks like Asura's Golgotha, but others with acid lines, repetitive drums or - God forbid! - noisy sounds, sitar or didgeridoo are automatically qualified as "turn that off!!!" material :(

She's one of those people that could probably live without the music. But I love her anyway :wub:

Do you have a good basement where you can go and listen to your music when she is home? Or just headphones? :P

Well she must be a fantastic woman to make up for that, haha :) And I believe she is!

-------

Finally new CDs :D... and they were here in 2 days after ordering, even better!

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

:)

Various - Not My Cup Of Tea (Demon Tea Recordings)

James Reipas - This Is Not In Fashion (Demon Tea Recordings)

Nam Shub Of Enki, The - Fuck Piece (Demon Tea Recordings)

Alienated Buddha - Inpsyde (Out Of Orion)

Various - Open (Surreal Audio)

:posford: :posford: :posford: