catwalk music

lucid

i asked this i think a year ago, and now here comes the same question!:

im helping out organizing a fashion catwalk and im looking for good music to go with it....not something hard mononotious techno beat but something a bit slower funkier, lighter maybe. But still with a good deep bassline!

yes i know, its not a easy thing to ask for! :)

Mostly ill do the visuals thou...so if you have any cool ideas for screening tell me.

or maybe you have this whole cool idea of how to make a cool catwalk, that would be excellent!!! :)

thanks alot!

//Lucid

From the top of my mind I think "Kooler - Open" would be a good choice, newer Iboga stuff as well, not really hard but with a good groove in it and quite slow. As Basilisk already mentioned, "Wireless" from Plusquam rec is pretty good, it might be a bit too rough though... I don´t know, never been to any fashion catwalk. :(

thanks, i've checked out some of the music you guys recommended and there are definitly some good music!

the iboga stuff you mentioned lumpi...really good, thanks man!

and if you've never bin to a catwalk you should come! :)

oh so you won't settle for anything less would you? If you want i can get all the clothes with a picture of you printed on them as well if that would please you? :)

....Maybe i should rename the show to lumpi as well....

Guest Le Lotus Bleu

don't have really understand the meaning of your 'fashion catwalk' :( ,

nevertheless i've thought about Element feat Dj Alex - Cat Walk (Liquid Audio Soundz) ;)

oh so you won't settle for anything less would you? If you want i can get all the clothes with a picture of you printed on them as well if that would please you? :)

....Maybe i should rename the show to lumpi as well....

246290[/snapback]

Hehe, you´re absolutely right, now that I think of it, that´s definitely the very least you can do, isn´t it? :lol:

Anyway, good luck and have fun! And don´t forget to post some pics of it afterwards.

Right Said Fred - Too sexy

• 2 months later...

I recommend ...

Beckers - Switch

Beckers - Fake

Antix

FreQ

Emou

Haldolium

VA - Avalanche of Sound Vol. 4

J Viewz - Muse Breaks (Album)

Massive Attack

Tricky

Daft Punk

Chemical Brothers

Prodigy

Breaks work really well too!

PS: Music for the Fashion can be quite diverse! almost all styles of music can work depending on the mood of the sequence, clothes, lighting, etc.

Tsuyoshi did music for a Issey Miyake show some time back!

hey lucid I recommend some dnb! ;) I think that's THE music for catwalk :)

so... maybe u could check out:

- Omni Trio (this is so made for catwalk shows! try out! :) )

- Aphrodite (some funky stuff with awesome drums and basslines! jummie! :D )

- The Herbaliser (funky jazzy drum'n'bass music! could work man! B) )

hey everyone, a month ago or so the fashion show was held in oxford circus, london in the main london collage of fashion catwalk...and it was a hit! :) im very happy and the music went very well. we had 12 different themes with different music so it was qute exciting. But i wasnt that involved with the music in the end, instead i did all the visuals for each secment (12 short visuals that were projected in the background) it was quite a lot of fun but soo much work! and the fact that we didnt have a DV camera made it quite hard as we had to use our digital cameras to shot the movies that we edited in adobe aftereffects. But the fact that it had such low resolution and grainy picture made it quite stylish :) theres a thing you have to follow when dealing with stuff like this...if something is wrong never let them know...its supposed to be like that...its art for christ sake!!! :)

anyway heres a link with some photos, they are really bad quality and quite badly taken (as you cant see any of my beautiful visuals hehe :) but anyway if your interested you can have a look. Now you know what you missed lumpi haha! cause sorry, i didnt get a VIP ticket for you...if you had one you´d get unlimited amounts of tequila as they were our sponcors, i think we finished 6 bottles preparing everything for the show :)

heres the site!

http://lcffashionshow2005.fotopic.net/

theres a thing you have to follow when dealing with stuff like this...if something is wrong never let them know...its supposed to be like that...

Reminds me of the saying "It's not a bug, it's a feature" :lol:

Anyway, nice pics!

Must have been a cool show :)