Albums like BP Empire

because789

I have to say this is my all-time favorite album. However, when i heard from different sources that there is nothing else like it it made me sad :(. However, I am DETERMINED to find artists or albums that have a similar sound, especially of Dancing with Kadafi, my favorite song.

Any reccomendations of artists/albums? No induvidual songs please.

especially of Dancing with Kadafi, my favorite song.

240526[/snapback]

yeah what a tune! check out "jorg on mushroom - the messenger" if you havent heard it yet. its infected feat dj jorg, and its kindof the same style as dancing with kadafi

yeah what a tune! check out "jorg on mushroom - the messenger" if you havent heard it yet. its infected feat dj jorg, and its kindof the same style as dancing with kadafi

240540[/snapback]

Heard it. I don't really like it that much, to be honest :\.

yeah, B.P Empire (and i am going to get battered for this) is in my opinion Infected's best peice of work. almost every tune on that album is good. no, every tune is good. the whole album has this dark atmosphere to it, but still very sublte and smooth. and Dancing with Kadafi needs no introduction. i still listen to it today. awesome.

i found that the first astrix cd, was hmmm....similar to bp empire....not nearly as good. but still good.

yeah, B.P Empire (and i am going to get battered for this) is in my opinion Infected's best peice of work. almost every tune on that album is good. no, every tune is good. the whole album has this dark atmosphere to it, but still very sublte and smooth. and Dancing with Kadafi needs no introduction. i still listen to it today. awesome.

i found that the first astrix cd, was hmmm....similar to bp empire....not nearly as good. but still good.

240572[/snapback]

I agree with you on all of those points. :)

B.P Empire is Infected's "adult" album.

I know I have heard something simular (tho there is no albums like this if i'm not mistakin')

I would also check out Facing by Infected Mushroom, Deep mix of the track B.P Empire and the legendary, "Roll Us A Giant". Oh and how and why don't you like "The Messanger"? It is really far out trippy.

There are no albums like BP EMPIRE...

240585[/snapback]

that is true, its so sad that after their "adult album" it went back to kindergarten trance.

its hard to beleive that after such a brilliant peice of work, it just started going plastic and sucky.

that is true, its so sad that after their "adult album" it went back to kindergarten trance.

its hard to beleive that after such a brilliant peice of work, it just started going plastic and sucky.

240595[/snapback]

Guess they wanted to make more "danceble, floor filler, good vibration, happy, airhead, xtc feeling music. You know, to catch the wider audience and the kids who are the future fans. The money, the fame and the ... plastic fantastic. To be honest.. I have tripped to The Gathering, Classical Mushroom and B.P Empire. But I have never tripped to IM The Supervizor. Guess it's pure inocent trip fun?

btw. Nothing is as trippy as the solo works of you young Erez.. Especially SHIVA SHIDAPU - Shiva devotional. My god what a strange world he creates with this track!

Sorry for beeing off-topic.

Any reccomendations of artists/albums? No induvidual songs please.

240526[/snapback]

I can't name names right now (i'm at work, and my memory isn't that good). But the "closest" thing you'll get to B.P Empire would be some deep house (the right kind).

Tho.. nothing is like B.P Empire.

I can't name names right now (i'm at work, and my memory isn't that good). But the "closest" thing you'll get to B.P Empire would be some deep house (the right kind).

Tho.. nothing is like B.P Empire.

240601[/snapback]

what does the B.P stand for anyways.....?

what does the B.P stand for anyways.....?

Beats Pr. (minute) Empire... just a show off name for the increadble baselines that they use.

240607[/snapback]

..o...k....that doesnt reaaaaaally make any sense, but then again, trance doesnt have to...

i love the bassline in Unbalanced (track 2), when it gets going, its quite a nasty track (but in a good way :) )

Absolut fav. Must be "Tasty Mushroom".. "Noisemaker" (my god what a baseline) and "P.G.M" 3 "Killha" tracks in a row. God damn.. it's such an amazing album. I can't belive how original and phat this album really is. Unbalanced and Never Never Land is pure amizing as well.

Absolut fav. Must be "Tasty Mushroom".. "Noisemaker" (my god what a baseline) and "P.G.M" 3 "Killha" tracks in a row. God damn.. it's such an amazing album. I can't belive how original and phat this album really is. Unbalanced and Never Never Land is pure amizing as well.

240610[/snapback]

there isnt a track on BP empire that i actually, dislike. its "good" at worst.

Dancing with Kadafi is the best tune by far. even now, i havnt heard anything even remotely similar. some people compare "streched" on their last album to it. but honestly i think its absolute crap compared to Dancing with Kadafi.

some people compare "streched" on their last album to it. but honestly i think its absolute crap compared to Dancing with Kadafi.

240612[/snapback]

Totaly agree! (tho i wrote something else on my review at trance.net) Streched (On the album "IM The Supervisor") is really boring to me now. And DWK is a genius and varieded track. But imo, "The Messanger" kicks it's ass. DWK is a track that I heard over and over and over again for many years. Right now i'm fed up with it.

I also think that The "Other Side" album on CV is pure bless. Kindergarden? Who cares.. It's bloody original and fucking amazing as well. To bad CV - Trance side turned out to be such a... mmm. Boring album. But no doubt. Erez is a very good producer. He knows how to make "quality" music. Dont agree to the latest albums. But the quality is good.

About the name:

BPM is the speed of a track, Beats Per Minute as Psytones said. The "Em" of empire doubles as the last M in BPM. It's a fun play on words.

B.P.Mpire you know? :)

B.P Empire is Infected's "adult" album.

I know I have heard something simular (tho there is no albums like this if i'm not mistakin')

I would also check out Facing by Infected Mushroom, Deep mix of the track B.P Empire and the legendary, "Roll Us A Giant". Oh and how and why don't you like "The Messanger"? It is really far out trippy.

240592[/snapback]

I dunno, i just don't think some of the 12th notes were in the right place. Maybe a bit too fast?

I don't really DISLIKE it, i just think it is okay. It gets like an 8/10

My own favourite is Classical mushroom, but BP is very nice. How do you guys feel about The gathering?

240922[/snapback]

The Gathering is by far their best album. I'm not very fond of BP Empire at all, but I'm not going to rain on your parade.

Check out Skazi's old tracks for something a bit similar - somehow those two remind me of each other.