Review of Spaceboard

Tigo

Guest Le Lotus Bleu

1) you could at least copy & paste your review here but you'd prefer to make your own publicity.

2) your review never talk through a single word about the real musical content, you're just launching big generalities typical of a pure leeching review.

3) i advice people not to buy this compilation, there's nothing inside except commercial shit, it's a simple plastic disc or if you really want to buy something from Com.pact check their oldest release or the Lish's album for example, the time when they were really into groovyfull on sounds & not kids clubtrance style. Don't loose your money here, keep it for more serious things unless you're a kiddies trance addict between 4 & 10 years.

B)

1) you could at least copy & paste your review here but you'd prefer to make your own publicity.

2) your review never talk through a single word about the real musical content, you're just launching big generalities typical of a pure leeching review.

3) i advice people not to buy this compilation, there's nothing inside except commercial shit, it's a simple plastic disc or if you really want to buy  something from Com.pact check their oldest release or the Lish's album for example, the time when they were really into groovyfull on sounds & not kids clubtrance style. Don't loose your money here, keep it for more serious things unless you're a kiddies trance addict between 4 & 10 years.

B)

239588[/snapback]

LOL I like your style Le Lotus Bleu, direct and straight to the point... just like me :D

3) i advice people not to buy this compilation, there's nothing inside except commercial shit, it's a simple plastic disc or if you really want to buy  something from Com.pact check their oldest release or the Lish's album for example, the time when they were really into groovyfull on sounds & not kids clubtrance style. Don't loose your money here, keep it for more serious things unless you're a kiddies trance addict between 4 & 10 years.

B)

239588[/snapback]

wich oldest realeses would you recomend me....

Guest Le Lotus Bleu

wich oldest realeses would you recomend me....

239975[/snapback]

without doubt it'll be something like:

Sesto Sento 's albums : The Inner Light (morning prog) & The bright Side (melodic groovy full on)

Lish - Free Fall (morning prog)

Think Sync (compiled by Dual Head aka Domestic + Pixel) full on

Ultravoice - Art Of Noice (groovy full on)

Star X - Prepare to Fly (morning full on)

Bizarre Contact - Plastic Fantastic (full on)

Cosmopolite & Airgate compilation are also quite good morning ones, The Natural Waves Of Sound 1 compiled by Feio coz it shows a bit all the nice faces of com.pact.

Thanks alot for your feed-back B)

The way i have choosen to review the CD is to decribe the feelings i got from the music and how it inspires me, including the cover. I allways keep an open mind free from prejudice about the artists and labels when im listening to the music.

Your decription "commercial plastic" is not at all decribing the music, so tell me why you dislike it? ... I don't think it's the right way to review a CD, by comparing it with other CD's. I think the real trick is to tell what it is, instead of what it's not, and for me music is inspiration and feelings.

Regards

Tigo :D

So when you go to the shop, do you just buy whatever you see?

Some people have selective hearing, you know ;) I'm with LLB on this one. Compact is bad stuff, except for LISH <3

If we don't compare a release to any others then what is the point of buying one and not the other? I won't diss up your review - it's obviously personal, and admirably positive - but I don't think it is useful for psytrance buyers.

Choices between CD's depends on personal prejudices. It is often easier to buy something close to the music we already like, instead of buying something way different and get use to it. When I go to the shop I usually listen to the music first, and I have usually preset my mind on a certain genre. The reason I write reviews is only to inspire people to take a look at the CD, and listen to the previews that often can be found on label-sites :D

Personally I like all sorts of music, but I prefer to listen to techno in all genres, and by psychedelicplanet.com I mean to make the psychedelic culture more visible. I also hope to inspire some of those who haven’t set their mind up for something special, and perhaps those who normally don't listen to this sort of music, and therefore don’t know what to look for.

You’re right that we can’t buy all the music we see and we can hardly prelisten to I all. Therefore I think my reviews can be a better help than to make decisions only by looking at the cover.

B)

• 2 weeks later...

Le Lotus Bleu, i don't know what's your problem this is hell of compilation...!!! u have something personal against com.pact lately?!

you saying stupid things lately!

what is commercial?! you know?

being commercial is making something u don't like to make, who the hell are you saying these tunes are commercial or not, only the artists may know if they are commercial or not , and who the heck care if this is commercial or not, this is good stuff, i love what sounds good to my hears and this is how i like it , this is what i buy... i think only these release worth the money!

you dissapointing with ur immature hate spreading

this is the best compilation com.pact ever released in my opinion with final fantasy of course.

just keep your shit and hate for yourself.

saying something commercial and not to buy because it is commercial is the most stupid thing i have ever heard.

if it sounds good and you like it, fuck keep it "commercial"!

thumbs up for com.pact.

killer compilation

Coming back to the original topic - Your Review -

I have to agree with LLB, it seems that you popped together abstracts of some promotion texts of other releases. There is almost no valuable information in this review, just general statements you could use for any release you like.

I'm not the best one reviewing something, but I learned that at least I have to mention single tracks and describe what's going on there. If a review is talking about a whole album than I would like to read something which describes the music clearly. No poems or not fitting metaphores needed. That's what label promotors are doing now for a long time (just read the descriptions of some releases at psyshop) and this is really annoying imho.

Wanna examples (got them from Psyshop)?

Which is the following album?

"What an album, what a master blaster..brain prodder, foot stonker, mahatonker, nirvana nervous system sucker... wipe out! stoked, poked and triple toked... ripping the cells of disbelief... the chief of relief... psychotic, narcotic illegal fun capsules spanning the multiversel rehersal for optimum joyride. this is a g force in the underpants of love, cosmic vibes tribes indescribeable cacophony of musical aural deep heat of the red. better red than dead... well read, well said... early to bed makes a man lazy and crazy.

This is the soundage of newage. Don't sleep bo peep. put it on and savour the flavour...the tip top tenth anniversary... thrusting everyone with ears into a super visionary, flapping, mind crapping state of u foria what to do... but gasp... and press rewind a thousand times day"

Or the following?

"For the delight of all those who appreciate succulent, spatial and seminal sounds to bend the mind, twist the ears and wash away all earthly fears, comes this crystalline collection of cosmic compositions specially formulated to elevate the mind, serenade the senses and raise the vibrations to a super-ascended state of 'spiritauralphoria'!

The album includes loads of Raja riddles and Ramadiddles of his blurb and doodlings. A collector's piece without a doubt."

Ok take it not as an offense, your review was just reminding me that for a long time now I wanted to start a thread about nonsense release descriptions from labels. I never managed it, so I put my two cents here :-)

fohat

I didn't like the release that much... some tracks aren't bad but most of them aren't good at all...

the beginning of the release is very boring imho but at track 5 spaceboard gets better but still not that good...

Le Lotus Bleu, i don't know what's your problem this is hell of compilation...!!! u have something personal against com.pact lately?!

you saying stupid things lately!

what is commercial?! you know?

being commercial is making something u don't like to make, who the hell are you saying these tunes are commercial or not, only the artists may know if they are commercial or not , and who the heck care if this is commercial or not, this is good stuff, i love what sounds good to my hears and this is how i like it , this is what i buy... i think only these release worth the money!

you dissapointing with ur immature hate spreading

this is the best compilation com.pact ever released in my opinion with final fantasy of course.

just keep your shit and hate for yourself.

saying something commercial and not to buy because it is commercial is the most stupid thing i have ever heard.

if it sounds good and you like it, fuck keep it "commercial"!

thumbs up for com.pact.

killer compilation

248317[/snapback]

Agree 100%

Nice compilation!

About the review, yes u'd better posted here, i don't want to go anywhere and search it. So i havn't read it.

Agree 100%

Nice compilation!

About the review, yes u'd better posted here, i don't want to go anywhere and search it. So i havn't read it.

248391[/snapback]

I agree too

and i have to say

the misted muppet - spiritual visions, make this compilation worth every penny by its own...

best track i heard in my life !!!

such a beautiful tune with complex melodies and live elements and ohhh the guitar and the etnic singing of the tribe...

exciting trip!

lots of feelings with this track