• Sorted per label, genres separated
    • Sorted per label, albums and singles separated, genres separated
    • Sorted per release year
    • Sorted per release year, genres separated
    • Sorted in the order they were bought
    • Sorted in the order they were bought, genres separated
    • I have too few records to bother sorting them
    • I don't have any records at all

Well for me it's a mix of lots of things...

Ambient is sorted apart

Then all psytrance - goatrance - fullon - progessive is sorted by album & compilations...

In albums & compilations is everything sorted by year ...

228811[/snapback]

I sort mine the same way :)

Well its not easy to sort a collection like mine with more than 2000 pieces.

For the time being i have just seperated my collection in four sections.Psy trance that includes everything to do with psychedelic trance,Electro Section that includes everything that has to do with electronic music from Tiesto Trance to Seb Fontaine Progressive and from Brian Eno Ambient to Kraftwerk Electro,Various Music that includes my favourite artists collection like Depeche Mode,Joy Division,Sting,Santana,Phill Collins,Iron Maiden and everything else that you can imagine from Movies Soundtracks to Classical Music Cd's and from Jazz Music to even The Beattles and America.Last but not least i got a Greek Music section that includes few and carefully selected artists from my country.

Once i move into my new house that is much bigger than the one i am living now i have in mind in making a special place or even room for my music collection with special furniture where i will divide my cd's,for the time being i settle with a little organised chaos hehe.

so you guys are counting the non-electronic too?

the electronic ones are more organized.. As I said, they are sorted more or less by genre, and inside genres I put more or less in the order I bought them...

now the non-electronic, I also try more or less to sort by genres, but they are not very organized.. I somehow find them easily though..

I have chillout, trance, classical, jazz and everything else (basically rock) separately. Inside the genres, it is divided up into artist albums and compilations. Then alphabetically.

Oh yeah, IDM and other non trance or chill electronica goes with rock for some reason.

My vinyls are sorted only by category: everything psy/ambient, three different category for france (until 1998, from 1998 - 2002 and 2002 - 2004), one house a last one for everything else. No alphabetica order or anything.

I'm more organised with my CDs: Psy and ambient stuff is divided in albums and comps, both in alphabetica order. Then I have piles for other electornical music (not alphabetica), hip-hop and pop/rock/everyting else (all in alphabetica order). But there is also a lot of piles just standing there because I haven't found the time to sort them in my collection.

I am also sorting it by artist name, labels and genres separated, easiest way...:)

229592[/snapback]

I really want to see where do you put all those releases. I guess you need a whole room for them! :D

Lucky guy ;)

Heheh, Ormion, better ask ukiro where does he keep his records cause I bet he has three times more than me...but you are right, you have to keep somewhere all those discs and I hate seeing discs out of the pile, but I have skyscrapers of discs...they look enormous but it is so hard to reach certain albums cause I still didn't make shelves for them... ;)

Heheh, Ormion, better ask ukiro where does he keep his records cause I bet he has three times more than me..

229848[/snapback]

Heh, well... no pic of the CD shelf, but some vinyl:

Posted Image

Guest Astro Cortex

This topic inspired me to open a "show me your record collection"-picture-thread, but it seems I'm a bit too late on this one <_<

Anyway, here's mine:

------------------------------------------

EDIT: OK, I did it. The photos are now in the new thread.

------------------------------------------

Sorry but I just have to show off a bit when it comes to my CD collection, I'm just so damn proud of it :D;)B)

Sorry but I just have to show off a bit when it comes to my CD collection, I'm just so damn proud of it :D  ;)  B)

230064[/snapback]

How is that Timeshard? I have 'Hunab Ku' and it is one of my favourite chill/"trance" albums... once I had opportunity to buy the other one they have released (the one in your picture I guess) but I passed ...just wondering how good it is?

And I'm still pissed because I don't have that glowing 'holographic' artwork which came inside TIP - 3D... (some fu*ker had stolen it from the shop and I didn't know the record should contain that artwork) gwaarrhGJHGgggaas!!!! :P:rolleyes:

Guest Astro Cortex

now that 's what I call bad luck man :blink:

About the Timeshard album, it's their first one, before Hunab Ku, called Crystal Oscillations. And if you ask me, it's a real gem, if you like Hunab Ku then I strongly recommend you get Crystal too, I think it's even better.

It's still in stock on the Planet Dog website, and I've also seen it on eBay quite often.

B):)