Flyh - Flyh

dee

...some very nicely twisted minimal progressive trance......  :)

216334[/snapback]

Minimal: not really, I would call it polished and cleaned-up. Not many dirty (and sometimes useless) sound effects like in neo full-on stuff. It feels more technical than organic. Flyh experiments with varying strokes and tempo inside a track, intermediate ambient parts and stuff like that. Very funny and well done.

Progressive: Flyh does not really fit between Son Kite and Freq, it is closer to Japanese style. I would place it halfway between K.U.R.O. and Protoculture.

For me, it was love at a first glance, an instant mover. The cover is somewhat strange (probably a parody of the LEGO logo) but the package will blast you out of your seat.

My rating (according to the frequently used 0-10 scale): 9/10

I would give it 7/10... Swedish pretty minimal forest music, some stuff going on in the tracks but not always enough imo, best track must be the last one... TROLL MUSIC :)

I must say it's a pleasure for the eye to see them live though... So go and look for them if they ever perform live in your neighbourhood

Did the packaging turn out OK? I fixed the final layout for it but haven't recieved my copy yet. I didn't do the actual design though, I use better typefaces and vector graphics instead of pixels for typesetting ;-)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Posted Image

01 Flyh - Con Quest

02 Flyh - Fifth Floor

03 Flyh - Drummel

04 Flyh - Deskjet

05 Flyh - Monomentaria

06 Flyh - Rusk Roulette

07 Flyh - (Try To...) Koncentrate

08 Flyh - Sputnik

09 Flyh - Beware Of The Evil Mushroom

After reading the reviews above I had high expectations for this album, and the first tracks disappointed me. Actually it sounds old for a 2005 album, and the production could be better. Track 6 "Rusk Roulette" is the first track which caught my attention, track 8 "Sputnik" is very good too, and of course last track is spectacular but I already know it will bore me after a few listens. Mediocre album for me, even a bit cheesy to my ears, not mature enough, but I know a lot of people might like it, especially the last track.

PS : Mindblowing cover.

I think this is a wonderful album.

And the cover is great too! I think the cover pretty much sums up the whole album: "Unconventional"

Amazing stuff. Completely catergory breaking. Incredible music, incredible production.

well done johan!

You've made my job a little easier!

looking forward to more :D

• 3 weeks later...