Norwegian released psytrance/Goa artists!

psytones

For many many years Denmark and Sweden has been the countries in Scandinavia who has taken all of the attention in this scene. I my self find this to be very natural since they are the countries with most and best releases. Of cource, we have always had respected chill/ambient releases such as "Biosphere" and "Subgud" to mentioned a few. But never have we had a list of psytrance artists to "brag" about. But something is happening. There is a slow but good revolution coming to/from Norway, where Norwegians are making a scene.

We wanna be heard! We want attention!

Here's a list over the few psytrance/Goa released acts from Norway..

- Trold

- Phase Phour

- Ra

- Dimension 5 (Musicians from England and Norway)

- Homegrown Lifeform

- Divinorum

- Phobium

If i forgot someone, please add them to my list::::.

Attention Attention!

I must admit, I haven't really heared sounds from any of the artists you listed here, no wait Dimension5 is familiar, but I am more than curious now and will check up and have a listen what you guys in Norge are producing in you beautiful counry. :)

Attention Attention!

I must admit, I haven't really heared sounds from any of the artists you listed here, no wait Dimension5 is familiar, but I am more than curious now and will check up and have a listen what you guys in Norge are producing in you beautiful counry. :)

216208[/snapback]

Yes something's going on in Norway these days :) It's nice to see our Brothers in action. There's also a new chill/downbeat label "Chill Tribe Records" under the good hands of PKS which you all properly know from his wicked reviews here and on Isratrance.

He's currently working on a debut compilation but I am sure he will tell you much more about it when the time is ready :) Be prepared to see some serious names on that compilation. More nice surprises will follow on that label in the future ;)

It's time Norway get a bit of the Spotlight. Now we just need you guys to do a little progressive too :)

Attention Attention!

216208[/snapback]

hehe..

well Eleria, knowing you and your taste a bit. I would really recomend that you check out Ra (Very Goa) and Trold (Very scando in the forest Goa) first.

Then if you like that, move on ;)

Check out the links:

Ra and Trold

This goes for you to Spindrift.. And Cinos, Ra is a part of Dimention 5.

I haven't heard anything special from any northern country... but Dimension 5 is the closest thing to "good".

216211[/snapback]

when i read that kind of posts i just think you Cinos doesn't know a lot of psytrance scene and its quality, its' beyond me...

when i read that kind of posts i just think you Cinos doesn't know a lot of psytrance scene and its quality, its' beyond me...

216221[/snapback]

just leave him with his Simon ;) I am sure all he listen to is his music put on repeat al day and night.

216221[/snapback]

You know, people have different tastes. The typical "nordic" sound isn't my favorite, really.

However, contrary to what EP blabbers (albeit with a ;) in the end?), my taste DOES vary a lot. I like most things actually. I can't be bothered to list all of them.

You know, people have different tastes. The typical "nordic" sound isn't my favorite, really.

However, contrary to what EP blabbers (albeit with a  ;) in the end?), my taste DOES vary a lot. I like most things actually. I can't be bothered to list all of them.

216227[/snapback]

i agree with "colours and tastes" but it's your answers which are a bit annoying, like "just close to good...", in that case i prefer answers like "not my cup of tea" fit more with the "colours and taste" if u know what i mean... ;)

Try to make better music and I will give you some attention ;)

216235[/snapback]

Maybe you should refraze that to "Try and make some music that fit my taste" intead of making it look like people from Norway dont know how to make quality music!

Cinos it was meant ironic even though I do feel your comment was a bit biased and black & white ;)

I like Dark Throne,Dimmu Borgir,Immortal,Dark Funeral,Mayhem,Ragnarok,Gorgoroth,Old Man's Child,Covenant,Emperor,Burzum,Ulver.......big respect to Euronymous  :)

216239[/snapback]

:D Nice black metal taste you got there Gnomieman.

Zeromancer is my Norwegian rock pick ;)

Hehe....I think both me and Insejn is trying to be funny on the expense of the Norwegian peoples.

It's a Norway vs Sweden neighbor thing as is not disrespectful but rather a freindly pisstake.

I had a listen to some trold though and it sound like silly innocent fjord music inspired by "Hardanger Fela's" :)

No...jk ;)

They sound quite ok :)

I really enjoyed the Trold samples, sounds like that guy is having much fun making music. I would love to listen and dance to his music on a party.

Ra is too typical Goa for me, I heared enough of these sounds some 10years ago. Should be something for you AmithabaBuddha.

Cinos, I don't know what you understand under typical nordic sound, but I think this stuff is different, give it a try. :)

I also listened to RA and just as with a lot of the other "old shool" music I think it sounds just too much like an attempt to duplicate other artists.

I find that just as uncreative and copy and paste like as much full-on nowadays and cannot really understand why anyone would bother to make that music and even less how people can bother listening to it.

I can listen to some compliations from the mid 90's myself sometimes but just can't stand to put on anything from the oldschool clones around now.

But they sounded better and a bit more skillfully made than ypsilon 5 and filteria in my opinion still so the fans of old-school should definatly check it out I guess.

Well done norway :)

Maybe you should refraze that to "Try and make some music that fit my taste"  intead of making it look like people from Norway dont know how to make quality music!

Cinos it was meant ironic even though I do feel your comment was a bit biased and black & white ;)

216237[/snapback]

Maybe you should pay some attention to the smiley I did.

I like Dark Throne,Dimmu Borgir,Immortal,Dark Funeral,Mayhem,Ragnarok,Gorgoroth,Old Man's Child,Covenant,Emperor,Burzum,Ulver.......big respect to Euronymous  :)

216239[/snapback]

Hey, Dark Funeral are Swedish, not norwegian =) And while I realize you're thinking of the black metal act from Bergen, there is also a Swedish synth band called Covenant. The norwegians spell it "Kovenant" on some releases though.

And while we're threadjacking this to be about black metal, let me recommend Swedish band Shining as well as Velvet Cacoon and Weakling from the US.

Hey, Dark Funeral are Swedish, not norwegian =)

216277[/snapback]

Damn!Really?Its almost 5 years since i quit black metal,so its ok to make a mistake :) But really i thought the only first-class black band from Sweden was Marduk.Dark Funeral's atmospheric style and heavy corpsepaint smells like Norway to me but hey,who cares :)

I also listened to RA and just as with a lot of the other "old shool" music I think it sounds just too much like an attempt to duplicate other artists.

I can listen to some compliations from the mid 90's myself sometimes but just can't stand to put on anything from the oldschool clones around now.

Well done norway :)

216252[/snapback]

hmmm.. agreed, but not 100%. "Ra" began making music in the early 90th. As far as I can see on discogs, Ra's first Goa-Trance release was in 1997. Or are you talking about "Real Goa" as in 1993 and down?

Because if thats the case, then you'r a bit closed minded imo. :) <--- Notice the friendly smile

btw. Why don't you check out Phase Phour (PhasePhour) then?

And I enjoy it very much that you are giving the music constructive criticism ;)

(unlike some others around here)

Well, the release I listened to was from 2001, but sounded more like something from 94 or so.

Maybe I would prefer their stuff from 93 I would guess, becuse in my experience it would maybe feel more authentic and not consciously trying to recreate a vibe but rather be part of that vibe.

From what I understand they used to be part of dimension 5 before, which I rmember hearing a bit, and I can't say it's my favourite group from the olden days.

But i will try to listen to them again properly and see if I get along with them better than the RA release I tried (to sirius):