I Hate Anti-world

ok, i made the mistake of going to an Anti-world party in london bridge thinking it would be a nice psytrance party. wrong. it was a load of bollocks. they had a HARDHOUSE room next door, and UPLIFTING CLUB TRANCE room as well and some other dodgy type of music as well. and 1 psytrance room. half the DJs advertised did not pitch. its was £22 fekking pounds to get in. which is extortionate. and it was full of "glowstick ravers" and drunken idiots. and it was FULL of them. like we couldnt move. sardine style. it was the first psytrance party i HATED. damn you antiworld.....damn you.... what a load of sh1t...

never go to an event where they are playing different styles of trance (especially commerical, rave trance) as you will get the commercial raver people, who are like "oh i just discovered XTC 3 days ago, give me a hug while i sweat all over you". get away from me bitch! grrrr....i am so p1ssed off.

yo man i know exactly what u mean..

i live in switzerland and we get our fair share of big acts...so anyways, 2 weekends ago psysex played, and even though id never listen to their music at home in a normal state of mind, i've seen them before and it blew mind so it was necessary that i saw them again..

anyways my friends warned me against it, dont go...its going to be packed..and i figured fuck it, everyone has a right to be there..

first of all, i waited in line for half a fucking hour...in the fucking snow (both on the ground and falling heavily from the heavens)...then i get inside expecting to see familiar tripped out looking faces...and i ran into a wall of buff coke heads, 16 yr old skater kids, and punks???? excuse me...little punks that walk around saying that every type of music that isnt punk is shit...and then they end up at a psysex show tripping their balls off...

when i thought it couldnt get anyworse...these ppl took up the entire dancefloor...and they werent dancing!!! damnit they were standing their nodding their heads or tapping their feet..

luckily i had more than enough drugs and psysex's sound was mind blowing, and i was somehow able to find a little unoccupied corner where i could dance...and so the party ended up being alright, but shit...

next time i go see a big act it has to be outdoor...its the only way..

peace!

• 3 weeks later...

I heard only good things about Antiworld parties...

its obvious that some of the big commercial events they make (especially with few rooms with different styles) would attract commercial crowd,sometimes more than the reall hardcore trancers. but on the other hand "raves" like this are not supposed to be the same Party experience as a small classic party,so what did u excpect?

regarding the Swiss party,you're damm right it was packed but i disagree that the people did not dance...at lots of points in the party the crowd was really "out there" and overcame the shortage of room to dance :)

it was also the last party that was held in this club, before the authorities had to shut it down and destroy it - so maybe that was another reason for the full house B)

I heard only good things about Antiworld parties...

Hmmmm, the mere mention of Antiworld on other forums leads to at least 10 pages of anti-antiworld ranting. They do not have a good reputation. Seems they are more interested in $'s than organising parties with a nice 'psytrance vibe'. Not to mention their methods of spamming, sorry I mean advertising. :o

he eh !! yes heva !!

As another brit I concur with you totally.

Anti-World has lost all credibility within the UK Psy Scene. It makes no difference to them as they rake the money in anyway.

London, historically, has a big hard dance / acid techno following. Anti_World really were coming from this direction musically in the beginning.

They have jumped on the bandwagon and now employ big name trance acts to pull in the punters. I believe they have had virtually the same line up for the Psy Room on 2 or 3 occasions over the past year or so. Astrix, GMS, and IM. ho Hum.

If you want to go to a good psy party in London DONT go to Anti-World. IMO ;)

When the site is back up, check www.psy-forum.co.uk and search on "AntiWorld". It should give you a laugh if nothing else !

i ve seen the same in antiworld parties.. happy hardcore and similar!

the first antiworld i went to was gms .. hehe residents !

but in stratford rex they would have nice parties with beautiful people on occasion..

Guest run lola

i was in London for the last anti world party and i was hesitating about going, the last minute a friend of mine told me that it was cancelled.. the next day i knew that it wasn't cancelled but some DJ's didn't play as it was mentionned, i was really pissed off for missing it out, but now that i read the comments about the party, i'm happy that i didn't go.

Anti world parties are not the same anymore, that's for suuuuuuure

Hehe... :D

Time to roll this one out again, I think...

PANTIES HURLED!!!!

present

BY POPULAR DEMAND (of our shareholders)

in collaboration with

BARCLAYS BANK AND SOME DODGY GEEZERS

THE BIGGEST FROMAGE-FEST EVER SEEN IN A CARPARK!!!

YES!!! WE’RE SHOUTING IT REALLY LOUD IN CAPITALS WITH LOTS OF EXCLAIMATION MARKS!!!!!!!!

MORE HYPERBOLE AND HYPE THAN AN MFI SALE!!!

MORE CHEESE THAN A FRENCH GROCER’S DISCO!!!!

MORE IMPRESSIONABLE KIDS WHO DON’T KNOW ANY BETTER THAN AN EMINEM CONCERT!!!

MORE BIGGER THAN THE MORE BIGGEST MOST COMMERCIAL BIG THING EVER IN THE WHOLE WORLD!!!!

EVER!!!!

AND THEN SOME!!!!!

UNLIMITED TICKETS – WE’LL STACK YOU 5 HIGH IF NECESSARY!!!

BUY NOW PAY SEPTEMBER!!! (Mortgages arranged, subject to status).

Relax in our luxury super-heated sauna, listen to your favourite pop tunes under the tender gaze of our security staff, who are handpicked for their diplomatic and interpersonal skills!!!! Rest assured that any enjoyment will be dealt with by them in their own special neanderthal way!!! Browse our glowstick mall!!! Listen to our musical supermarket – all your favourite brands from all around the world are here!!!

Don’t miss our special offers!!!

It’s always happy hour at the bar at PANTIES HURLED!!!!

Beer’s double price coz it makes us happy!!!!

For more info than you could possibly stand just send us your email and phone number and we’ll keep you constantly spammed!!! Or just read our self-promoting rambling threads here inevitably written in a SUPER SOARAWAY SUN!!!! style!!!!

Hey, you have a problem? No problem. Let our caring customer service dept. answer your misgivings - open 24 hrs a day (except weekdays and weekends).

We ARE the underground! You don’t want to go paying a fiver to get into a squat with people who don’t even shop at Swear!!! A fiver? How the hell do they exploit anyone at that price?

For 5 times as much, (+bf) PANTIES HURLED gives you far higher levels of filth and degradation!!! Just check out the sweat dripping off the ceiling and the dubious oily slime on the floor!!! Check out the shifty types in the corners – and that’s just the bouncers!!!

How fucking underground do you want it you pathetic, miserable, insignificant consumer units – just give us ya dosh and shut it. Bloody hippies.

BIG UP PSYNEWS FOR THE FREE ADVERTISING!!!

Peace love and big hugs to you lovely customers,

Hope you’re all fluffy and well out there, but most of all, holding folding.

Enrico Sorebellend

• 3 weeks later...

ok, i made the mistake of going to an Anti-world party in london bridge thinking it would be a nice psytrance party. wrong. it was a load of bollocks. they had a HARDHOUSE room next door, and UPLIFTING CLUB TRANCE room as well and some other dodgy type of music as well. and 1 psytrance room. half the DJs advertised did not pitch. its was £22 fekking pounds to get in. which is extortionate. and it was full of "glowstick ravers" and drunken idiots. and it was FULL of them. like we couldnt move. sardine style. it was the first psytrance party i HATED. damn you antiworld.....damn you.... what a load of sh1t...

never go to an event where they are playing different styles of trance (especially commerical, rave trance) as you will get the commercial raver people, who are like "oh i just discovered XTC 3 days ago, give me a hug while i sweat all over you". get away from me bitch! grrrr....i am so p1ssed off.

215471[/snapback]

Can you help have been out of the scene for a while, used to go to the fridge and tyssen street(otherworld,return to the souce,science fiction,pendragon etc) looking for parties in london, picked up an antiworld flyer but.......

Can you help have been out of the scene for a while, used to go to the fridge and tyssen street(otherworld,return to the souce,science fiction,pendragon etc) looking for parties in london, picked up an antiworld flyer but.......

229364[/snapback]

I guess hte best place to look for london parties at the moment is access all areas, they generally sell tickets for all the major events in London. Www.accessallareas.org

If you are in London, you could nip into the psy dream temple in Camden, they have loads of flyers, and should be able to point you in the right direction of a nice party. Nice cafe upstairs as well ;)

It's down at the moment, but www.psy-forum.co.uk also has extensive psy party listings for all of the UK.

Good luck :D

Theres a lot of things wrong with Antiworld but to be fair to them - they've always had different rooms of music at their parties and there's not normally problems with Djs/acts not turning up - this time it was supposedly due to a "misunderstanding" with Skazi & co re: travel arrangements...

Though Djs/acts not turning up does seem to be more of problem for night time type acts in London just now... not sure why that should be...

I always thought their grounding was in more techno/acid scene and they recently got onto the psy trance bandwagon....

Not really into anti-world parties, I think IM have pretty much gone of the boil, someone who I know went to one sometime ago in Alexandria Palace and was thoroughly disappointed with their set.

Poor old Israeli trance.....

Hmmm Ive never been to a commerical rave type place yet... Music doesnt interest me, however I live in the pit that is Romford, Essex and there's never any psy near me at all. :angry:

(Thank fook its close to London)

Guest run lola

I always thought their grounding was in more techno/acid scene and they recently got onto the psy trance bandwagon....

Not really into anti-world parties, I think IM have pretty much gone of the boil, someone who I know went to one sometime ago in Alexandria Palace and was thoroughly disappointed with their set.

Poor old Israeli trance.....

Hmmm Ive never been to a commerical rave type place yet... Music doesnt interest me, however I live in the pit that is Romford, Essex and there's never any psy near me at all.  :angry:

(Thank fook its close to London)

232078[/snapback]

if you wanna find any psy trance parties next to you, check www.goatrance.de, they post all the psy trance parties around the world.

what i dislike the most about big events.

or even small once.

when they put an ego tripping pushing and punching bouncer.

no own drinks allowed.

well fu if you dont let me in with my bottle of water your violating my human rights...

gets me down the second i get in.

takes me some time to get over it.

that such asses are needed. ..

that has nothing to do with a goa party anymore does it?

Guest run lola

I think that psy parties are becoming more and more commercial!!

they're used to be fewer parties, nicer crowd and it was a real nice experience. now the ticket costs 20or30euros for a one night party ! Insane

save psy parties and keep the goa spirit !!

Jake:

this time it was supposedly due to a "misunderstanding" with Skazi & co re: travel arrangements...

Nah... the authorities just wouldn't let him in the country without his quarantine documents 'cos they thought he was a chimp. :D

Posted Image

Sorry Lola, but if we're talking seriously about UK psytrance, Israeli popstars are just not what it's about, except for kids who don't know any better who want to pay more like 60 - 70 Euro to go to rip-off events like Pantiworld. The Alexandra Palace event was called "Appetite for Destruction" (WTF?), and when I.M. played, the giant visual screens were used for close ups of the bald one singing into his microphone. What the hell are these people up to?

Skazi is just another wannabe rockstar on the same trip, that kind of ego-wanking is hard to take seriously in a scene that has always been against it, especially when we have so much talent here, and people still prepared to make parties and music purely because they love it.

He's a chimp, but he certainly knows how to make money. I don't have a problem with him, I.M. or Pantiworld making a living, except when it becomes the exploitation of our scene and music, because IMO, that is blatantly what's going on with these people.

Sorry Lola, but if we're talking seriously about UK psytrance, Israeli popstars are just not what it's about, except for kids who don't know any better who want to pay more like 60 - 70 Euro to go to rip-off events like Pantiworld. The Alexandra Palace event was called "Appetite for Destruction" (WTF?), and when I.M. played, the giant visual screens were used for close ups of the bald one singing into his microphone. What the hell are these people up to?

Skazi is just another wannabe rockstar on the same trip, that kind of ego-wanking is hard to take seriously in a scene that has always been against it, especially when we have so much talent here, and people still prepared to make parties and music purely because they love it.

He's a chimp, but he certainly knows how to make money. I don't have a problem with him, I.M. or Pantiworld making a living, except when it becomes the exploitation of our scene and music, because IMO, that is blatantly what's going on with these people.

236385[/snapback]

exactly, i mean, i couldnt beleive that "this" was the state of the trance scene when i went to "pantiworld" (good one sweep). it was beyond commercial. actually a bit more commercial than a commercial rave club. at least you could get drugs at the rave club. this place was so bouncered up that you couldnt score or smoke anything. now i like smoking cannabis at trance parties, this is no secret. i was asked to put my joint out by a bouncer. this was where i flipped man. if you cannot smoke cannabis in peace at a trance party, then its not a trance party. period. ive been to parties where people are allowed to run around without any bloody clothes on, and noone bats an eyelid. its just so mainstream these days and its sad....where have all the real parties gone?

• 3 months later...

215471[/snapback]

i hear u ...i've been thru those rave kids mixed actually-not-trance parties in NYC! learned lessons after wasted lots of money (most of trance parties were $35 and more!). long ago i realized anti mindset can only exist against main stream existance...so it's depandance. trance spirit is expanded existance beyond all these dual reality and conflict!! of course we have to make choices but many times still we need to brace differences and move on to find unity behind all...that is true trance spirit! unity, altered state of mind, celebration of life!!

so stand strong, be happy and opened to ever growth, my trance brothers and sisters;-)!! boooooooooom!