04) Control

05) Apocrypha

06) Killing Time

07) Show Yourself

08) Peace

09) Sugar Coated Hell

10) Lost In Time

11) Safer

Well actually this is a "homemade" album, it isn't released on a label and you can get it FREE over here:

http://binarydreams.blackwaterrecords.com/media.html

I know that usually home-made stuff is crap and is definatley not worth your listening time even if it's available for free... however this is completely different!!! EVERYTHING in here, from the melodies to production is VERY professional, if someone didn't specifically tell me that it was homemade, I never would've guessed. So think of this more like the Schlabbaduerst comps: un-professional distribution definatley doesn't mean un-professional music...

I simply stumbled on this after reading a topic in the music making section of psynews forum. I had some spare time on my hands so I thought "ah what the hell, I'll give this a try"... and I'm so happy I did!! I stumbled on some magnificent oldschool tracks (and I guess by now you all now how much of an oldschool freak I am ;) ) and also on some EXCELLENT downtempo tracks, reminiscent of downtempo Astral Projection and also some interesting crossblend between D&B and oldschool goatrance. Anyway, full tempo or downtempo, the word "mystical" often came to my mind when thinking on how the tracks sounded. All in all it's a VERY trippy experience, the music actually takes you places and how many albums released these days do that to you?

Commenting on the tracks isn't really usefull here since you can dload the tracks and listen to them for yourself anyway :) So why take my word for it when you could just try it out?

Conclusion As far as I'm concerned this guy makes some of the best oldschool (newschool?) music today!! He belongs right up there with Filteria as the carriers on of a certain vibe that has been thought to be long dead. Keep on the good work and will some label please get his stuff and give it a proper release??? 9/10 !!! One of the BEST albums of 04 and THE best homemade album I've EVER heard!!! (although that last part wasn't really difficult to achieve...)

standouts: Cathode Ray , Collateral Damage and Control

Well this is interesting stuff Lemmiwinks. Its pretty good and I wonder why they're just giving it out for free, unless its just to get his name out there, they'd do better putting it on trance shops, where the public knows where they can hear it. I'm surprised its not selling and I'm curious about some things. I never heard of Binary Dream until you posted this thread in this forum!

Do you have any idea why hasn't this artist up'd the production in a studio (if its homemade, assuming he has no professional studio in his home) and why isn't this selling on trance shops? I think someone has to distribute this artist to the right audiance. There is a fanbase for music like this and as long as there are people on this planet, I don't think it will ever die... its just too freekin cool!

Yes the production could be much better. Its cool how you came accoss something so unknown, especially for something home made, but c'mon Lemmiwinks, I agree with you that this is cool old-school, melodic trance / psytrance and there are some really nice downtempo songs, but you and I both know that, although this is good for what it is ... this isn't up there with Filteria. Lets just be real. :D ... but he is creating some classic sounding stuff that I think most of us all thought was long dead, because well, it was!

Yes, this artist is talented for sure! I mean, this is more cool and interesting than most of the releases pouring out now days. The sounds should be tightened up and brought out more, as they do in a production, and this should be selling. Thanks for bringing attention to it so we can hear it! I too, like you, really, REALLY like old-school sounding goa music, like Binary Sky, Dimension 5, AP, MFG, and RA, being only several examples of old-school sound thats "up there," you know? B)

You don't need to print them on disks for better mastering. You could master them in studio and then give them online in lossless flac format for example. Personally I'm really glad to see artists who are into it for the music instead of money. Good find! :)

although this is good for what it is ... this isn't up there with Filteria

well that's probably because Filteria is a profesionally released album and this isn't... imagine hearing Filteria songs a few years ago before he released his debut album. Well, this is sorta what you're doing now with Binary Sky... just imagine the potential once a "proper" albus will be released!!

anyway, to answer your many questions: I heard about this album after reading

this topic

aparently the dude will release an album soon... he goes on this forum under the nick "winston" so feel free to send him an e-mail or PM to hear news from him directly. Personally I find he has so much talent it would be a real shame to keep promoting shitty full-on and clubby progressive when such TRUE artists are around...

This man has some serious talent and I wish him the best on his next album. I totally agree, Lemmi, that true artists like this need to be uncovered in the mess of monocultured trance. I really hope he's able to notably evolve his sound in his next album..he deserves some exposure.

Binary Dreams is very atmospheric, and winston makes excellent use of layering. I haven't run across a single sound that violently jarred my ears. Also...NO SAMPLES. WHEEE.

hello I Winston

First thing the album was my first attempt a mastering i have

had 2+ years to refine my mastering and production qulity

also when t made this i was not make a psytrance ,old school

goa or what ever album it just what i do heavy layers and trippy

delay effects , What is this trance shop i did a search on gooble

but found more than one site a link would be helpfull

Thanks Winston Smith :blink:

What is this trance shop i did a search on gooble

but found more than one site a link would be helpfull

Thanks Winston Smith  :blink:

214072[/snapback]

Hey Winstin, one of the big, main "trance shops" I could so see your album on, is www.psyshop.com ... maybe you're be familiar with it.

Your album is easily better than so many albums that already exist, and are selling on that one site alone! Psyshop is a great "trance" shop for all types of psytrance/chill/goa/melodic trance/trance, tech-trance, you name it!

Don't know your status but if you have a label or distributer or manager or whatever, your new album should so be on that trance shop, and there are several others but in my opinion, psyshop is arguably the best. I'm not too familar with the other ones, side from the label sites like Phonokol and BNE, which just sells their own site under that label.

i listened to the album , altought it isnt goa or every other genre you´ve heard before. its binary sky style. he haves some acid sequences , drumnbass , breakbeat ,ambient and some goa on it , but it isnt Goa. its a good album , sounds old and homemade , sometimes the songs ask for more ambient layers , this is different from other releases out there , its his own style and his own ideas.

The production could be better but its ok. To Jon and guys : this isnt Goa , it haves a few touches of it but it isnt Goa or psytrance.But it is good music.I enjoyed it.

aparently the dude will release an album soon...  Personally I find he has so much talent it would be a real shame to keep promoting shitty full-on and clubby progressive when such TRUE artists are around...

lets hope his next album is melodic and better than this one :)

yes and that will continue to happen. this is the world we live. money controls the human.about full on you already know what i think ... ;)

cheers.

To Jon and guys : this isnt Goa , it haves a few touches of it but it isnt Goa or psytrance

hmm... I understand why you say this about the downtempo tracks but for me the uptempo ones (Cathode Ray, Control, Killing Time, Lost in Time) are as goa as goa can get :) This would've fit perfectly in a goa comp from the period 96 - 98. I can't even imagine someone calling it another style than goa... of course, every artist has their own style that's a little different from the others but I definatley wouldn't say that Binary Dreams has his own style (well, at least not for the uptempo tracks).

BTW it's Binary Dreams, not Binary Skies (which is Ypsilon 5's album).

And I know that you're into the "new school" vibe but if you ask me this one easily beats other newschool albums hands down (except for Filteria): Ethereal, Ypsilon 5, V/A - Pure Planet...

BTW it's Binary Dreams, not Binary Skies (which is Ypsilon 5's album).

And I know that you're into the "new school" vibe but if you ask me this one easily beats other newschool albums hands down (except for Filteria): Ethereal, Ypsilon 5, V/A - Pure Planet...

214124[/snapback]

heheh yeah , sorry my mistake ;) thanks for correcting me.

Yes this would fit perfectly into a goa compilation and this is very experimental , altough its not the goa that we´re used to listen but its very nice music indeed! :)

214124[/snapback]

i dont think so.... i even think if it beated one, it would be filteria. dont get me wrong, i really enjoy the filteria album, but the other ones u mentioned are better

• 1 year later...