Goa/Psytrance

Hi everybody! :D

i'm a new guy at this forum, so just to introduce myself: My artist name is

Digital Psyence, & i am from Denmark! Earlier, i produced dance/trance, but after seeing several live performances with infected mushroom, Astrix, Silicon sound and so on, i know that's what i want to do, too! So how do i get started with this style, i mean - there must be som psytrance/goa tutorials out there right?

Hah, I can't believe you posed that question ! There is no such thing as goa tutorial. And besides, Infected Mushroom, Astrix and Silicon Sound don't produce goa trance, so maybe you should learn more about music itself before you even start with such serious thing as producing. I once read somewhere Erez Aizen RECIPE for producing trance trax but I forgot where I read it, maybe it was on Isratrance or something but that surely wasn't TUTORIAL but rather help cause you actually can't learn how to make music out of tutorials. You know how to make or don't. It is all about knowing music and structure of music and not only sonic manipulation which is for everyone now dead easy. Hardest part of making is actual music making and not just some random effects and drums sellection. Cheers

Hah, I can't believe you posed that question ! There is no such thing as goa tutorial. And besides, Infected Mushroom, Astrix and Silicon Sound don't produce goa trance, so maybe you should learn more about music itself before you even start with such serious thing as producing.

200194[/snapback]

thats a bit harsh, dont u think so?

I didn't mean to sound harsh, I just reacted cause there are so many new commers that just wait to 'learn' to make music and then go and release an album with a little help of their friends within months. I am sorry Digital if I sounded rude, but that wasn't my intention... ;) And, yes, those artists do make psy and full on music...Cheers

I didn't mean to sound harsh, I just reacted cause there are so many new commers that just wait to 'learn' to make music and then go and release an album with a little help of their friends within months. I am sorry Digital if I sounded rude, but that wasn't my intention... ;) And, yes, those artists do make psy and full on music...Cheers

200242[/snapback]

haha :) you just put the biggest smile on my face! sometimes an apology can do so much hehe

I think its a bit harsh, yes hehe, but Seraph is right, there is no such thing as a tutorial. I think that is why WE are here to help, no?

For the bassline, look in this thread:

http://www.psynews.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=20954&hl=

There is a basic psy bassline. :)

200212[/snapback]

Thanx

200242[/snapback]

No, no - it's okay :)

Nice picture you have there by the way!

Heh, you see ? Now, don't go and make the same bassline the others are using. Full on bassline is the most boring bassline I've ever heard. Even Boris Blenn aka Electric Universe started producing trance with the same bassline everyone else are using these days. That's a shame. I truly hope that full on will die soon cause it really started to be annoying...Good luck Digital Psyence ! But, please, make something innovative with skills you've got ! ;) Cheers

I find it sad that so many newcommers want to sound like every single boring full on act out there. Learn how to make music first (some of us have used years before we actually released any music) and if you got the talent then move on and find your own style. Why be a copycat? Is it to be cool and to be able to tell your friends that you have a killar Full On release? Or is it because you truely love music and know you have a talent that is something more than they ordinary Joe fiddeling around on his Fruity Loops in his bedroom?

I have nothing against new fresh blood entering the scene. But I have something against the way many of those newcommers lack total inspiration when it come to finding their own unique sound!

Don't be yet another copycat!

I find it sad that so many newcommers want to sound like every single boring full on act out there.  Learn how to make music first (some of us have used years before we actually released any music) and if you got the talent then move on and find your own style. Why be a copycat?  Is it to be cool and to be able to tell your friends that you have a killar Full On release?  Or is it because you truely love music and know you have a talent that is something more than they ordinary Joe fiddeling around on his Fruity Loops in his bedroom?

I have nothing against new fresh blood entering the scene. But I have something against the way many of those newcommers lack total inspiration when it come to finding their own unique sound!

Don't be yet another copycat!

201209[/snapback]

Hi E.P

First of all i CAN make music, i don't fiddle with children software like fruityloops, hell no :angry:

Many people tell me i have a unique sound wich is never heard before, but that was back when i was making som easy-listening non-vocal trance.

For the time i'm waiting to move in to my new apartment, and as soon as that happen and i have settled down, i will make a room in psy-style with all my equipment, & then i will throw my self into this music style.

I don't know if im gonna make FullOn, but it's for sure it's gonna be something "people can take drugs to and go insane"

(i dont take drugs myself, i just love the music)

I hope it will become something really cool, something new and forward moving. Once you are finished, feel free to send me some stuff. I am in the process of building up 2 labels. :)

I hope it will become something really cool, something new and forward moving. Once you are finished, feel free to send me some stuff. I am in the process of building up 2 labels. :)

201217[/snapback]

Hey, you'll be the first one to know! :) Most of the people i know doesnt care about this music, they just say the same shit, "We dont like techno" and that's really anoying <_< So it's hard for me to get opinion's you know....

But when i have something ready i'll post a new thread here :)

so whats wrong with fruityloops again ?

201218[/snapback]

Haha......jesus......im sorry - i guess.......but i have never heard anything cool come out of that piece of software......i remember when i was 13 i think, all the kids thought it was so cool, but now it's almost like a joke.

I'm sorry if you feel offended but i dislike the program a lot.

Haha......jesus......im sorry - i guess.......but i have never heard anything cool come out of that piece of software......i remember when i was 13 i think, all the kids thought it was so cool, but now it's almost like a joke.

201237[/snapback]

fruityloops is sh1t. end of story. although i am not fortunate enough to own any seriousy hardware, i love using Reason2.5, Cubase VST, Reaktor, Battery, stuff like that. fruityloops is just plain useless in my opinion.

• 3 weeks later...

201237[/snapback]

Goa Gil uses Fruity Loops...as a matter of fact, ALOT of artists use it...the new producer version is fucking wicked. perhaps you should check it out before investing so much negativity into your position on it. it is the most intuitive software I've ever used...I think Reason is way less interesting & way more limited. I like Cubase, but haven't really started using it on my own yet. but, seriously, if the last interaction you had was a long time ago, you should check out what it has become...you'll be very surprised.

B)

Why do people even bother with these threads????

A sequencer usually either plays samples or sends note data to plugins. That's pretty much all there is to it.

It's REALLY down to each one's own preferences what to use: good musicians will always be good, and mediocre ones will be flaming other people's sequencers when they realize they're not really up to this music writing thing, and decide to idle on forums instead and try to inflate their weak ego by rising themselves above other people...

Why do people even bother with these threads????

A sequencer usually either plays samples or sends note data to plugins. That's pretty much all there is to it.

It's REALLY down to each one's own preferences what to use: good musicians will always be good, and mediocre ones will be flaming other people's sequencers when they realize they're not really up to this music writing thing, and decide to idle on forums instead and try to inflate their weak ego by rising themselves above other people...

203343[/snapback]

Thats a bit harsh, so you are calling me mediocre, and everyone else here for that matter? ;) Discussions are always good to get you a new view on the path... if its on a webboard or down the pub, it doesnt matter imo. I prefer the web, because there are more people that are making music hanging on the web than down the pub, heck I dont know when the last time was I was down the pub discussing vst instruments and sequencers.... do you?! ;)