Infected Mushroom - Reborn

Trolsk

What a great surprise!

Infected Mushroom has remixed and updated some of their older tracks, and what a treat it is. This is really great.

Let's hope more of their older tracks get the same treatment.

I'd be more inclined to listen if it wasn't Spotify.. It's very laggy took a long time to load for just 20 seconds of a track. 

Also I hate Spotify. It's the death of music but that's another topic. 

Impossible to gauge if it sounds good or not from just 20 sec clips... Imho.. So by your topic I can't say anything about it neither positive nor negative. It might be good? Who knows.

Not me cause I'm not gonna buy an album off of 20 sec Spotify previews 

• 4 weeks later...

I also hate Spotify and never use it. But the album is also available on youtube (www.youtube.com/channel/UCrbvoMC0zUvPL8vjswhLOSw) if you want to listen to the full tracks. And if you like it, the tracks can be bought from Beatport, or you check if the physical release is still available in the Infected Mushroom merch shop.

Great album btw. The remakes sound (obviously...) more modern than the original versions but IM still managed to keep the original spirit of the tracks. I definitely hope for a second edition with more tracks...

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Tatsu said:

I also hate Spotify and never use it. But the album is also available on youtube (www.youtube.com/channel/UCrbvoMC0zUvPL8vjswhLOSw) if you want to listen to the full tracks. And if you like it, the tracks can be bought from Beatport, or you check if the physical release is still available in the Infected Mushroom merch shop.

Great album btw. The remakes sound (obviously...) more modern than the original versions but IM still managed to keep the original spirit of the tracks. I definitely hope for a second edition with more tracks...

Yeah neat when artists post their album on youtube as well, nice album I agree! Kinda crazy to think back to when the original albums were released. I had The Gathering and Classical Mushroom on my Mini Disc, and Luminus, Yahel and Eyal Barkan. So those were on repeat, 24/7. Imagine if one back then would've had the possibility to glimpse into the future, and listen to these remakes. How epic wouldn't that have been? Now we are here around 24 years later, still alive and kicking. :D The Mini Disc is dead tho..

Also I have some nice memories from when I did some mushrooms for the first time, and listened to Classical Mushroom. It was perfect, the album artwork looked very cool as well, the oily effect on the Mushroom textures on the artwork gave like an holographic effect in that state of mind. And yeah the music obviously sounded very alien and 3D-holographic as well, as if flowing flowing out from the speakers.

Btw would be cool if Hallucinogen re-imagined his two classical albums as well!

An interview with Duvdev from Infected in a podcast format, not about the new album per se, since the interview is from 2021, still it's very nice. It goes into his musical background and how he first came into contact with Heavy Metal in the 70s, New Wave and Acid music etc in the 80s etc. Always welcome with a new perspective, can give some context/understanding for the new album as well. Since it's based on the Classical Mushroom era after all. And he discusses the Gathering and Classical Mushroom albums. :) 

I really enjoyed the segment were he talks about the early Nitzhonot era.

https://podcasts.nu/avsnitt/midierror-meets/midierror-meets-infected-mushroom-ep27-psy-trance-pioneers-TQ79sqXw2W