VA - Carpe Noctem (Suntrip Records) - Dark goa-trance & melodic forest!

Christmas and newyear are close... So, time to celebrate and pre-order our upcoming darker goa-trance and more melodic forest-styles compilation called "Carpe Noctem"! Xenomorph, Battle Buddhas, Ka-Sol, Spindrift,... It is now available on our Suntrip Records bandcamp for pre-order and will send it out in the first part of january! If you want to hear the samples? Go to our soundcloud (link below)  Artwork by Liya Livet

1. Spindrift - Deeper Reality

2. Smuds - Betarave

3. Dragon Twins - Eating Crow

4. Omnium - Omnipresence

5. Proxeeus - Breaking Down the Barrier

6. Xenomorph - Lost in an Old Junkyard

7. Ka-Sol - Dance of the Locusts

8. Battle of the Future Buddhas - Pitchbend

9. L.A.B. - Spellbound (Hada Remix)

10.JaraLuca - Flashbacks

Samples:

https://soundcloud.com/suntrip-records/sets/va-carpe-noctem

Pre-orders:

https://suntriprecords.bandcamp.com/album/carpe-noctem

131707932_426610098370751_6650268863880873884_n.jpg

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

For 15 years, Suntrip was mainly focused on more melodic and acidic goa-trance! We did have some excursions in darker worlds (Ka-Sol, Temple of Chaos) but it took us 15 years to give a pure dark goa/melodic forest compilation to the world! :) We have been compiling this CD for almost 16 months, and we believe the result is exactly what we hoped! Spooky goa-trance with a more psychedelic and foresty twist! :) The beautiful artwork is made by Liya Livet! 

1. Spindrift - Deeper Reality 
2. Smuds - Betarave 
3. Dragon Twins - Eating Crow 
4. Omnium - Omnipresence 
5. Proxeeus - Breaking Down the Barrier 
6. Xenomorph - Lost in an Old Junkyard 
7. Ka-Sol - Dance of the Locusts 
8. Battle of the Future Buddhas - Pitchbend 
9. L.A.B. - Spellbound (Hada Remix) 
10. JaraLuca - Flashbacks

For now available on our bandcamp, but within 1 week also on every other platform! Psyshop, beatport, spotify,... :)

https://suntriprecords.bandcamp.com/album/carpe-noctem

136743774_10222256077163882_4371257696713053986_o.jpg

Hey, finally you released something I bought the day it was released XD

But on a more serious note, even with my interest in anything "goa trance" being quite close to zero these days (no, I won't go further into that so don't even bother asking) this is a seriously positive surprise. I've had a few listens to it by now, and here are my initial highlights: Smuds has that sinister playfulness I'd really like to hear more of, Omnium was my favourite on my first listen (let's see if further listens does anything about that), Proxeeus would have been a surprise but I actually know that particular track of his from before, Xenomorph is pretty much taking a time trip back to Cassandra's Nightmare (and that's nothing but a good thing). Spindrift, BOTFB and LAB are nice too but will take some more listens to sink in, and Dragon Twins and Ka-Sol needing even more listens to sink in.

And do remember, these are still basically first impressions :)