I need a new HiFi system ... some input please?

On 1/6/2021 at 6:49 PM, Imba said:

Quite investment, now you have studio sound quaility!

Thanks. Yes, I do :) - the system is from my mate's studio, which he decommissioned. It's bloody brilliant. I can now re-listen to almost every track I ever heard and discover something new. Only have to be careful that the neighbors don't come over :D - but the fun is, my thinking now reverted from "how can I block the neighbours out with sound dampening" towards "how can I dampen my own sound" ... and that's cool.

Plus I thought I'd better invest a bit in good gear than to have the money lying around and inflation take it (I had reserved it for a compilation project which didn't take place and is not going to in that form anyways).

On 1/7/2021 at 7:04 PM, astralprojection said:

im surprised by the sub, do you really need one? they go pretty low and the rest is really not suitable in a flat :D

but im a bit jealous i would love a sub sometimes. even tho mine go to 40 sometimes its awesome to be able to feel the rest

I have to say, the sub is pure overkill for what I'm doing here. I frankly don't need it for the home setup at all - in fact, I turn the volume so low it doesn't even activate sometimes.

But then there's this stupid idea that I have which will involve a borrowed generator and some other equipment ... and for that it's gonna be useful.
If I find no releases I can buy for that peculiar project which I had in mind earlier, I'll be probably trying that idea out...

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/10/2021 at 12:56 AM, RTP said:

But then there's this stupid idea that I have which will involve a borrowed generator and some other equipment ... and for that it's gonna be useful.

that sounds like an excellent idea (one i've also been playing with for a long time). but the great difficulty is finding a suitable place to set up everything.