The Psynews Track?? (second try)

3 hours ago, Veracohr said:

I mean the tempo is embedded in the .mid file. When I open that file, the tempo is set automatically to 138. I suppose it’s possible that my software (Digital Performer) embeds that detail in a way other software doesn’t recognize.

Googled Digital Performer and gosh from the looks of it, seems they took some "logical" hints. Seems not bad!

In this review here: https://www.amazona.de/test-motu-digital-performer-10-digital-audio-workstation/

I found what it is that your tempo gets set automaticly:

"Der Digital Performer 10 hat nun auch eine verbesserte Beat-Erkennung („Beat Detection 2.0“) und ein richtig gutes Stretching-Tool bekommen, die beide Hand in Hand arbeiten. Hat man die automatische Beaterkennung für Tracks aktiviert (was Voraussetzung ist), lassen sich diese über das Stretch-Menü recht zuverlässig an das Sequenzertempo anpassen – auch in Echtzeit, also im laufenden Betrieb. "

My old Logic should be able to do this at least with Audio files, for Midi I need to try. But it is more complicated not automatic.

Sorry for the confusion I caused with the BPM also to Recursion who said 138 already correctly :)

On 9/6/2020 at 8:28 AM, Veracohr said:

Here's something I started several years ago and never got anywhere with. I don't know if there's anything worthwhile there but it's the best offering I have right now.

The linked ZIP file has a standard MIDI file, a WAV file of the audio below, a WAV file with one of the tracks that isn't in the MIDI file, and a text file.

http://www.veracohr.com/Psynews_Track_(Veracohr_Basic).mp3

http://www.veracohr.com/Psynews_Track_(Veracohr_Basic).zip

So  are we working with this track?

Okay, that would be 138 bpm E minor.

9 hours ago, Multi-Media said:

Googled Digital Performer and gosh from the looks of it, seems they took some "logical" hints. Seems not bad!

In this review here: https://www.amazona.de/test-motu-digital-performer-10-digital-audio-workstation/

I found what it is that your tempo gets set automaticly:

"Der Digital Performer 10 hat nun auch eine verbesserte Beat-Erkennung („Beat Detection 2.0“) und ein richtig gutes Stretching-Tool bekommen, die beide Hand in Hand arbeiten. Hat man die automatische Beaterkennung für Tracks aktiviert (was Voraussetzung ist), lassen sich diese über das Stretch-Menü recht zuverlässig an das Sequenzertempo anpassen – auch in Echtzeit, also im laufenden Betrieb. "

My old Logic should be able to do this at least with Audio files, for Midi I need to try. But it is more complicated not automatic.

Sorry for the confusion I caused with the BPM also to Recursion who said 138 already correctly :)

Beat detection is specifically for audio. MIDI files contain tempo info, but of course I’m opening it with the same software I created it with, so no surprise that it just works for me.

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/20/2021 at 7:34 PM, Veracohr said:

Beat detection is specifically for audio. MIDI files contain tempo info, but of course I’m opening it with the same software I created it with, so no surprise that it just works for me.

Well your new midi (thanks!) can be opened directly with my DAW by "right click/open with" and voila now also the 138 is set automaticly. 
I started over with your 2nd midi, as the 1st try as said already seems more in the indus/dark techno direction which is not the forums main topic, so hardly could be a "Psynews Track". There was also not much left from your midi..

This one should sound a bit more goa.... as no one voted for a sample I already found one (drug related, it does not promote drugs ofc), now only need time and muse to complete the song :) 

Still time for everyone who wants to contribute something ...you can use either the 138 or 135 - possibly 2 mixes can be made, one long and a shorter with slightly different bpm

• Confused 1

• 3 weeks later...

No one asked or wanted to participate or makes his own try on the midi as far I can tell :o

Still working on it, would say on Aprils Fool Day I have a raw version ready - I aimed for a 90ties feel.
I can work 2-3 hours / day on music, sometimes only every 2nd day so my progress is slow...But I now have a method to not start new tracks anymore and finish existing ones:
I strictly only work on 3 tracks at a time. Means cycling through them - running out of ideas or get bored at No.1 go to the 2nd and so on. When you arrive again at track 1 you might have refreshed yourself and make progress on this one again..

Btw, there is a 303ish wave which has quite low volume, is there a special reason?

• Sad 1

• 3 months later...

Where are we currently?

Where can I get the files?

I have a studio session coming up. Maybe we can work on something. No promise.

• Sad 1

On 7/5/2021 at 1:04 AM, Psychedelic Superbeast said:

this emojis you gave me for my latest posts are just stupid....cant describe it in a different way. whats wrong with you guys?

It's called reactions and you can't command what people give you.

(However, you could try to influence it a little, maybe by providing good content.)

You also can't see who gives what reaction.

That's why we keep this feature as slim as possible. And to prevent abuse, negative reactions that decrease your status points are not possible. So nobody can downvote anyone. However, it's currently still possible to react on every post with a "sad smiley". And while that is peculiar, it's no reason for me to turn it off.
I would, however, limit the amount of reactions people can give each day if that feature was used for spamming continuously. And yeah, you can give a cry smiley on that one now :P 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/21/2021 at 11:54 AM, astralprojection said:

Hey thanks for posting ... that is good, I prefer the second one but it's not that important. Whichever you can spare.

Do you have a project for these or only the wav?

9 hours ago, astralprojection said:

i have the projects, and could send midis or waves from both of them. 

cool ... feel free to post whichever you can spare - wav would be brilliant - and I'll try to see if we can do something in the (new) Skeletone studio ... no promise though...

I have scheduled monthly sessions and it'll take one or two till we can come up with something - so it'll take a while, but if anything develops in the meantime, I'll follow this thread...

12 hours ago, RTP said:

cool ... feel free to post whichever you can spare - wav would be brilliant - and I'll try to see if we can do something in the (new) Skeletone studio ... no promise though...

I have scheduled monthly sessions and it'll take one or two till we can come up with something - so it'll take a while, but if anything develops in the meantime, I'll follow this thread...

there were not many stems for these very tiny projects . let me know if something isnt right. each stem is 4 bars, in 48khz, at 32bit float.

https://www.aeap.se/tmp/psynews.zip

32 minutes ago, Psychedelic Superbeast said:

how can i use them? Sadly i just own FL Studio...what plug ins do you have?...what about if people send you just melodies/ideas on a piano roll or screenshot and you finish the track(use your great synths/mastering skills). it does not to be my stuff but if there is no one doing it...i meran comon we are lots of people loving it for years that music and understanding it! i think that it iss possible to do a cool track together :)

Also i promissed Suntrip Rec that they are allowed to use it in their new compilation...Joske was asking me months ago. I think it was somewhere on Nibiru in my Dream....we hat a nice drink together with Britney Spears <3

you could just import them if you like. either use them as is in your own projects, or take the kick or the hihat or whatever and use that.. or dont use it at all.

sure you could post midi files here of your melodies. ill be willing to attempt something with your melodies

• Like 1

On 7/28/2021 at 10:35 AM, astralprojection said:

there were not many stems for these very tiny projects . let me know if something isnt right. each stem is 4 bars, in 48khz, at 32bit float.

https://www.aeap.se/tmp/psynews.zip

Thanks, I got the files, can't promise anything but we will try - or let's put it that way: I'll beg my mate that we will do something with it ;)

Doesn't mean anything monumental unfortunately - I have another project that I wanna do where we have the files and yet there was nothing yet - but we will do, it's on the list...

On 7/30/2021 at 1:31 PM, Psychedelic Superbeast said:

my mastering is on this level...and some of the synths are pre made so they are already in a special range of frequences. the end part swallows most of the action that happens and is maybe too loud.

That is not bad!

The mastering of our Skeletone tracks is done by my mate ... you can have a listen to any of them to get an idea ... he has quite some knowledge about it though - top-down mastering it's called, I believe = all channels organized so that first the drums mix together into one, then the percs, then the melodies, risers, effects ... all going into their own channel and only in the last stage all these channels merge into one, so you can then do the mastering from the top down (turn all percs down/up etc) ...
This has evolved considerably from our first tracks.

15 hours ago, RTP said:

Thanks, I got the files, can't promise anything but we will try - or let's put it that way: I'll beg my mate that we will do something with it ;)

Doesn't mean anything monumental unfortunately - I have another project that I wanna do where we have the files and yet there was nothing yet - but we will do, it's on the list...

cool. if i happen to create something new in the meantime ill post it here, maybe some melodies this time :p 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

...well, we kinda butchered it ... sorry @astralprojection

we were way too busy with our own track - a crossover between liquid dnb and metal, as I would put it - and so we had that guitar ready ... and a mic ... well, listen for yourself:

https://wolke.gamsit.at/index.php/s/XkJ6xtEcRjmL8nC/download?path=%2FMixdown&files=Psy - - Ausgang - Stereo Out.wav

it's 3:40 long ... you should find good parts from 0:54 to about 1:50 ... and then around 3:00 ...

I have to admit though, we did this for pure fun and to clean our ears in a break from our own production ... was just a short take and for that, it was not bad ... remember: "des is ka Black Metal, Oida" = "it's no Black Metal, dude"...

project was uploaded if you wanna have a go: https://wolke.gamsit.at/index.php/s/XkJ6xtEcRjmL8nC

• 1 month later...

Have not read the last replies, if anyone is still in on this, but I have not had time/muse for music the last 4 months.

However I setup my audio stuff last week again and may complete the track. Just cause I do not want to have wasted the time and effort (same as the other projects I started) I may upload it and get 30 plays and then be done w/ music for a while :o or :D

that's great to hear ... we had no new sessions, otherwise I'd have tried something new ... but that post of mine is the last build ... so to say

On 11/17/2021 at 10:34 PM, RTP said:

that's great to hear ... we had no new sessions, otherwise I'd have tried something new ... but that post of mine is the last build ... so to say

Well, guess perhaps I can re-start w/ music this weekend, I was too lazy last weekend :(
So wish luck that everything still works, I had to move my "office" from my fathers house to my small flat...

• Like 1

• 3 months later...