to all astral projection haters

Guest ritual om

i like astral projection cause they have such powerful sound and so fucking monster melodies

just listen to the track "searching for ufo"s" and you will feel your hair standing!!!!!!!!!!

i think that the goa era i mean 95-98 had the killer tracks,tracks that made you dance like hell AND they produced the feeling of owe like no other @!#$

just listen to alcyone

now we have mostly greater sound quality, nice tracks but few make you feel that way...........

as you understand i am a fan of the melody outbreaks so my taste is different

i want your point of view mates!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Guest vasyachkin

well astral is very good, so is pleiadians and life would be very boring of all music was like that. ( in the same spirit though get Chi Ad - Liquid Neon Sky :)

the problem with music like astral as i see it is that although good, its not really better or different from good club music (which we avoid for some reason)

on the other hand other acts like The Delta or Psysex have a unique feel and are special for that reason.

Guest ritual om

i like all the psy scene of 95-98

i didn"t say astral and pleiadians are the only ones

i compare these to the new staff of 2000 till now and except of some great ones the others don"t appeal to me

and the music of 95-98 could have a different route of the one nowadays

there could be a better evolution

i totally disagree that astral are clubby

i think the minimal ones are much more club oriented

AND when you say that if music was like that it would be boring

??????????

do you find the goa scene of 95-98 boring????????/

i don"t think so

it"s just the evolution that doesn"t feel right to me

Ok, Astral are definitely not club orientated, not their old stuff and their new stuff doesn't seem to be heading that way. If you want club trance, go buy a Gary D compilstion of Trance and then shut up, because you realise their is such a major evidence you are sounding like an absolute dick sucker!

I admit that the old sound is no where near what the new sound quality is, but the empotion and imagination back then was great! Today's music, bar the few old skool guys who stick to their roots, Space Tribe for example, is so club orientated compared to Astral I thin some guys here have just had way to much crack smoking sessions! Son Kite, Ticon, M.O.S to name a few, pakyed at French Island III by a Japanese dj just suck my cocc so hard! I felt like I was in a cheesey little yuppie club full off coke heads waving fluro sticks going "Yay, we are so cool, we like Psytrance, we are raverz!!"

Yes minimal is nice, I do like it but it is light years away from being close to the original goa sound, and you are dumb to think that minimal is not club oritntated. I actually asked a tekno dj (Richie E Rich) and got him to listen to Son Kite, Ticon, Wizzy Noise, M.O.S and Talamasca, and he said all but Talamsca just sounded to him like well produced tekno, he said he himself would not us them in a rave but if he was playing at a club they would be great! He is huge name in the tekno scene here and runs some of the biggest raves! He told me that back in the early days of Goa that it was really full on, and that that is the music that all dj's consider goa/psy/chill, he said a lot of pro dj's are getting dissapinted as they find the old artists are either making crap now or not making anything at all, the new ones are making mainly minimal or full on club, and many dj's think goa/psy/chill is dying out, becoming commercial and being overrun by old dudes desperate to cash in the genre` name they helped make before they retire!

So stop baggin the old school, it IS goa, the new school is just well produced club music, goa I feel could easily be dead by the end of this year, and we will be left with young kids who love to think they are ace for liking psytrance. There are so many here, who just cannot see out of the fact that all music is great and goa is not the end. When you are adult enuff to realise this, then maybe you will understand the Astral and oldskool music more! Elysium emailed me and told me to be careful not to get stuck in the psytrance scene, and I know this, I have such a big variety of music, and quite often listen to rock/pop/old music/classical than goa, goa is just no.1 for me, but I do not think it always will be!

Guest Kristian

Wow, many threads has occured of this topic the last months.. I can see a clear pattern here. I think the melodic stuff like Astral and Pleiadians will be forced to return to the scene soon again, I HOPE!

would you like to give me the response of theese:

http://evolutionspring.hypermart.net/cgi-b...ld_(teaser).zip

http://evolutionspring.hypermart.net/cgi-b...od_(teaser).zip

Guest lifeform

Your minimal would not exist if true goa was never formed. club music is focused around Beat and Bass. That is something that 95-97 goa lacked (though still did) compared to now adays where it is all beat (practically) and bass.

I hear ya mike, and totally picture what you were saying about minimal clubs... the vision i got from that is funny and somewhat distrubing.

Guest Slidingtrancer

The new style will be maximal

The great melodystructures of old stuff and the production techniques and atmospheres of minimal.

'What goes on in life, echoes in eternity' - MAXIMUS

To vasyachkin ,

I have re-read what I said twice and totally agree with it! Hmm, let us see what a genuine techno club track conssts of, well produced bass consistent of the 909 sound, minmal keyboardx and other effects, continuos and does not develop a hell of a lot with few breaks and can be mixed quiet easily. Let us look at M.O.S for exampl, vewry repetitve, the bass juts sounds like a more digital version of the 909, the effects are very minimal and I, who has no proffesional dj experience, have managed to mix their musice with the like of ticon more smoothly than that of Astral to say Space Tribe. The reason being, their is much difference and personality to Astral and Space Tribe, the only difference to M.O.S and Ticon is the way they were mastered!

I remebr when Psytrance was all about the artist, not the label. Look at all the old compilations, the same artist released song from TIP to Phonokol to Nova-tekk without a second thought! Now it is all about "3d visions is the best label, oh no Cosmophilia is the best!" I hardly ever see anyon speak about Ticon being the best or M.O.S being the best or Wizzy or the Delta! The personality is going out of psytrance an we r bringin in the same old theme of labels are more important than artists! Look at Yahel going to producing commercial junk for Gatecrasher! Next thing we will be hearing about the Gatecrasher Goa 2002 summer sound system tour! Featuring Yahel, Ticon, Wizzy Noise and all thos "cool" psytrance groups for all the "hardcore ravers" just sound so dumb! Go back to your glo-stix and crack pipes, talk about how great the druygs were and not the usic, and pop some valium to sleep off the downer! When you od in two years remebr it was you, not the music that did it! Go Hardcore Ravers!

NO i don't hate Arstral Projection .But the problem with AP is they produce the same sounds which become boring ( Trance dance tracks is such a good track) We need them back forsure they can produce new sound can be melody can be anything i am sure the will produce great music as before ....

boooooommmmmsss

kuldip

• 4 years later...

I don't hate Ass-trail Projection either. I actually think several of their tracks sound beautiful and with high energy. It's just that they lack depth and become tiresome the more you listen to them. There are many other names whose tracks (that may not sound as catchy in the beginning) become better and better for each listen.

I don't hate Ass-trail Projection either. I actually think several of their tracks sound beautiful and with high energy. It's just that they lack depth and become tiresome the more you listen to them. There are many other names whose tracks (that may not sound as catchy in the beginning) become better and better for each listen.

587913[/snapback]

You reply to this thread after 4 years and a half :huh:

I think we can start a total new discussion here, because in the last 5 years AP changed their style alot! (but how... that's another thing, héhé)

587913[/snapback]

That's usually the way it goes for me. Catchy music (even stuff I like straight away) gets quite annoying quickly. I prefer music that takes time to mature on your ears.

I quite like astral though especially their SFX tracks.

Astral's most recent music has been, ehhhh.... not so good!

Guest Elysium

Hate is such a strong negative word. I loved their old stuff. It was very good music when the sun came up. Yes IMO they should have moved on and tried new ideas instead of getting stucked for so long.

But who can hate them?

They are the two very nice down to earth persons.

Guest Rezwalker

one bad thing imo about astral is their sound generally...if u hear even something new from astral u will definitely say "it's a.p"

they are so locked in this sound..but the worse is coming..i heard them live b4 2 monthts and imo from new tracks the inspiration is missing, and besides that i remember the same bassline in almost all tracks, plus some full on samples (like astrix etc) (!).

so..i love their past, and i hm...%$&*$@ all releases from 2000 and then.

You reply to this thread after 4 years and a half  :huh:

I think we can start a total new discussion here, because in the last 5 years AP changed their style alot! (but how... that's another thing, héhé)

587922[/snapback]

I've been working on the reply for that long.. haven't slept much

Yeah, buy their first four albums (classics) and forget about the rest. BOOOORING !!

Funny that it went so abrupt from amazing to utterly forgettable. Yes, they never developed their sound.

589091[/snapback]

they never evolved it, but they did DEVOLVE it...