Peer pressure/ group syndrome

Starkraver

List out the things that you would normally avoid but you embrace them while you are in your group.

Also, the things that can say NO to.

I'll go first.

Junk, chicken, funny ciggarrettes. I visited my buddies after exactly an year and I had no control over my life for 5 days :D

I've not had meat(chicken) for last 3 years!

I wonder how it would be if it's not once in a year thing and I'm in the same city as them. Will I give up on my beliefs? Or is it because it's just a once in a year thing.

Just what's been running through my mind lately.

I don't have anything in my mind that I'd do only around others that I wouldn't normally do. Maybe some music concert I would go if a friend desperately wanted to drag me there and I otherwise didn't care about that music..it could be suffering, though, haha.

• Like 1

To add: I didn't attend my mom's funeral because they were in the church that I had divorced a long ago. Ppl thought I was unrespectful but far from that. Attended the memorial dinner, though.

Anu, I don't know what to say. Both the things you had mentioned are very personal things, it's your decision & if you are happy with your decision then that's the right one.

I'm sorry about both.

I have no idea what you are talking about now? Well hahaha..I screwed up..I thought you answered to What's wrong in his head thread, lol lol..screwed up with my keyboard, hahaha.

Yep, It is my decision.

List out the things that you would normally avoid but you embrace them while you are in your group.

I'll go first.

Junk, chicken, funny ciggarrettes. I visited my buddies after exactly an year and I had no control over my life for 5 days :D

I wonder how it would be if it's not once in a year thing and I'm in the same city as them. Will I give up on my beliefs? Or is it because it's just a once in a year thing.

I think you can evaluate yourself so well.. you know whats best. That is an amazing quality because you will always have your own best interest at heart.

I view this post as a confessional about what you did and not so much about what was actually done.

Don't beat yourself up. Enjoy that moment.

I follow a specific checklist of criteria that must be met in life before I have something at taco bell. Sometimes I'll eat it twice a week, sometimes not for 5 months. I enjoy the burrito for what it is, but while I'm eating it I'm mathematically calculating the calories in and the equation I will formulate to get it off :)

Thanks for creating this topic

You are right 604, but I don't want to be an egoistic individual. The contradictory needs of myself and my group are getting to me I guess.

You are right, I should relax :)

But, What a man is without his principles?

I hate not being a college kid!

And yes it was a confessional post. I've been on people's ass about meat eating and what do I do? Go ahead and have chicken sandwich. That's not right.

You are right 604, but I don't want to be an egoistic individual. The contradictory needs of myself and my group are getting to me I guess.

You are right, I should relax :)

But, What a man is without his principles?

I hate not being a college kid!

And yes it was a confessional post. I've been on people's ass about meat eating and what do I do? Go ahead and have chicken sandwich. That's not right.

You could capture me as a high value target.. torture me in the worst absolute way possible and I will NEVER TALK. I will smile in the face of death no matter how extreme because my core principle of loyalty is unwavering. That will never change .. NEVER

This I'm aware of. Like my taco bell visit, I did say only one burrito but I bought two.. I am human.

I feel the fact I'm raising awareness with my fast food habits outweigh my silly little human weakness known as fun.

Many people around me usually change their eating habits and become aware of not so healthy ingredients from meeting me and understanding how much healthier and happier you live with the right lifestyle.

Your temporary indulgence will allow you to continue the good fight.. that is what is permanent.. that is what I know you will never change.

Anyways good talk.. wanna grab a burger? Jk brother :)

I'll go first.

ha reminds me for chinese new year in february - also last time i ate chicken

context: with my family in law and they cooked lots of lots of chicken - both dad and me drinking beer and him convincing me they cooked way too much so i should help them

did not feel too proud but yes i felt like i should help because they are so nice ; )

only other thing i can think about is going to do shopping with my wife and her female friends - hate it of course