Other genres' standouts

Suttree

Hi there!

I'm relatively new to psychedelic electronica and to this forum. For many years I've been listening to other kind of music, until one day I happened to hear Shpongle... a new musical universe opened up to me... so beautiful and captivating...

Soon I've unconditionally embraced the faith in psychedelic electronica, ever looking for good albums and artists... I love Shpongle, Entheogenic, Younger Brother, Ott, Shulman, Bluetech, Androcell, but also Kurbeats, Kaminanda, Kaya Project, Makyo...

Anyway, I still remain in love with a bunch of albums/artists that shaped my original musical taste. I'd like to share them with you (I shall stick to 20) and possibly know about your favourites.

I also hope this topic won't be considered unorthodox within a forum that's dedicated to psychedelic trance.

Cheers,

Suttree

1 - Counting Crows - August and everything after

2 - Godspeed you! Black Emperor - Lift your skinny fists like antennas to heaven

3 - Eddie Vedder - Into the wild

4 - Herbie Hancock - Headhunters

5 - Jeff Buckley - Grace

6 - John Hiatt - Bring the family

7 - Keane - Hopes and Fears

8 - Massive Attack - Mezzanine

9 - Mogwai - Happy songs for happy people

10 - Ozric Tentacles - Erpland

11 - Prefab Sprout - Steve Mc Queen

12 - REM - Automatic for the people

13 - Radiohead - OK Computer

14 - Sìgur Ros - Agaetis Byriun

15 - Talk Talk - Spirit of Eden

16 - Tom Waits - Rain Dogs

17 - U2 - Songs of Innocence

18 - Wilco - Sky blue sky

19 - Dave Matthews Band - Crash

20 - Talking Heads - Remain in light

• Like 1

Hi there!

I'm relatively new to psychedelic electronica and to this forum. For many years I've been listening to other kind of music, until one day I happened to hear Shpongle... a new musical universe opened up to me... so beautiful and captivating...

Soon I've unconditionally embraced the faith in psychedelic electronica, ever looking for good albums and artists... I love Shpongle, Entheogenic, Younger Brother, Ott, Shulman, Bluetech, Androcell, but also Kurbeats, Kaminanda, Kaya Project, Makyo...

Anyway, I still remain in love with a bunch of albums/artists that shaped my original musical taste. I'd like to share them with you (I shall stick to 20) and possibly know about your favourites.

I also hope this topic won't be considered unorthodox within a forum that's dedicated to psychedelic trance.

Cheers,

Suttree

1 - Counting Crows - August and everything after

2 - Godspeed you! Black Emperor - Lift your skinny fists like antennas to heaven

3 - Eddie Vedder - Into the wild

4 - Herbie Hancock - Headhunters

5 - Jeff Buckley - Grace

6 - John Hiatt - Bring the family

7 - Keane - Hopes and Fears

8 - Massive Attack - Mezzanine

9 - Mogwai - Happy songs for happy people

10 - Ozric Tentacles - Erpland

11 - Prefab Sprout - Steve Mc Queen

12 - REM - Automatic for the people

13 - Radiohead - OK Computer

14 - Sìgur Ros - Agaetis Byriun

15 - Talk Talk - Spirit of Eden

16 - Tom Waits - Rain Dogs

17 - U2 - Songs of Innocence

18 - Wilco - Sky blue sky

19 - Dave Matthews Band - Crash

20 - Talking Heads - Remain in light

makyo is for sure one of my favourites ! i still remember them ethnic albums really nice! welcome Suttree :)

sorry i havent got much time to really get in depth but i know radio head massive attack too good stuff and REM really nice , ozric tentacles , U2... i like Queen for example

welcome to the forum and nice to meet you. c u later :)

• Like 1

makyo is for sure one of my favourites ! i still remember them ethnic albums really nice! welcome Suttree :)

sorry i havent got much time to really get in depth but i know radio head massive attack too good stuff and REM really nice , ozric tentacles , U2... i like Queen for example

welcome to the forum and nice to meet you. c u later :)

thanks a lot, oldschoolgoa!

BTW, the Gandalf gif is fantastic

• Like 1

thanks a lot, oldschoolgoa!

BTW, the Gandalf gif is fantastic

no worries man you are welcome.

gandalf the magician yea love him and the actor he's nice person i think :) Sir Ian Mckellen , patrick stewart loooool :lol:

anyways i seen you like pink floyd , altho i never been much into it , i know this record its sweet music maybe you will enjoy it when you have the time to listen to it if you want.

heres some psychedelic 60s music i like this album :)

• Like 2

This thread makes me sad :/ been away from the stuff I used to love before psychedelia hit me.

Top 20 would definitely be all rock, thrash metal. Would list someday soon.

I share your feeling, Starkraver. I forgot to mention that those albums belong to another stage of my life, when I was younger and before psychedelia grabbed me and blew them all away. But sometimes I like to come back to them.

Cheers

• Like 1

ah, sweet smoke. it's been a long time since i heard that one the last time. reminds me of this:

another gem of jazzy, highly psychedelic rock music.

wow thanks bro! i will definatly listen to it! much love to you and thank you! :D

i remember there was this psychedelic sort of band with some guy vocalist called fish or something... i know the first vocalist wasnt fish but thats just old shit memories from belfast lol

i might do a wee dig when i feel emotionally prepared to face it again because you know... thats when i took lsd and ... fucked mate no good :| plus i got to know that band thanks to my ex girlfriend that gave me hell on and off for fucking 10 years or so ... its complicated bro

thanks for sharing this i will listen maybe that will help me get through bad experiences i had n shit

good on you lets keep up the good energy

<3

To me it's kind of the opposite... Since I've been listening to Goa and Psy for ~15 years now I seem to crave to listen to other kind quality music (although to be honest, psychedelic electonica is the ony kind of music that I can listen all day long without getting tired).

I've been going to a lot of rock and metal gigs as well as my usual summer hedonistic pass-time: Beach bars that play house and techno (when the sunc comes down), always nice to see young half-naked bodies dancing... and joining them of course.... the music is acceptable but the sexuality is over the charts!!!!

I've also been re-discovering the early dance masters (Orbital, FSOL etc) and I'm always amazed by their creativity and the fact that they could put so much emotion in their tracks.

However, I mostly like to discover new stuff... For example I went to a mini festival with a lot of new and some more-established Greek bands and the whole crowd was amazed by a new Greek Band (only their first record) called We.Own.The.Sky, it was a 3 day festival and everyone was talking about them after it, both online and at the campsite!

• Like 1

the music is acceptable but the sexuality is over the charts!!!!

i agree mate. sadly but true . all music seem to be 'sexualized' for no reason. to sell? look at them giveaway clips today in bars here n shit... wheres the real musical spirit you know bro?

ah well..

@Suttree

listening to it now... great start , sounding amazing loving it

thanks for sharing mate <3

no worries man you are welcome.

gandalf the magician yea love him and the actor he's nice person i think :) Sir Ian Mckellen , patrick stewart loooool :lol:

anyways i seen you like pink floyd , altho i never been much into it , i know this record its sweet music maybe you will enjoy it when you have the time to listen to it if you want.

heres some psychedelic 60s music i like this album :)

I finally managed to listen to Sweet Smoke - Just a poke - and it sounds great! Thank u for sharing, guy. Could feel just a slight coating of aged stuff, but man... the music is top quality. I was too young in the sixties to enjoy the first wave of psychedelia, u know flower power and the likes, I guess had I been aged enough this kind of music would have been the best soundtrack for my life

Funny to say, the flute solo on the first track made me think of Raja Ram :-) I'm really lost in Shpongleland :-)

Peace

Suttree

• Like 1

I finally managed to listen to Sweet Smoke - Just a poke - and it sounds great! Thank u for sharing, guy. Could feel just a slight coating of aged stuff, but man... the music is top quality. I was too young in the sixties to enjoy the first wave of psychedelia, u know flower power and the likes, I guess had I been aged enough this kind of music would have been the best soundtrack for my life

Funny to say, the flute solo on the first track made me think of Raja Ram :-) I'm really lost in Shpongleland :-)

Peace

Suttree

glad youve enjoyed it man. no worries. its wonderful record really psy60s i think . its top quality indeed . i liked the album you posted i will listen to it again when i manage some more time...

deep purple - smoke in the water album thats another good ok one i guess very classic psychedelic rock not to mention ofc pink floyd but its overrated no need to even mention it lol

i love flower power you know? its all good. Beatles yellow submarine n shit loooooooooool talking of beatles rip john lennon u know ... that shows u how worlds like.... fs sad like :|

that reminds me of my dad he had beatles tape but only one i dug was yellow sub as a kid , mustve been the cartoons or some shit loooooool anyways we move on... but never been much into beatles at all altho they were very psychedelic popular for sure...

great stuff your album man , its same style as sweet smoke just a poke... lovin it :)