Let's talk about Argov

Ormion

Considered a national hero of the Mizrahi music style in Israel, even (to a certain amount) respected by the non-Mizrahi music lovers over there.

Aside from the ones mentioned above, there's other Nitzhonot tributes to Zohar Argov:

Never heard of the guy. But I would pay money to listen to a good remix of the part between 2:30-4:00 (if you forget about the ugly key change in the middle). This melody is what I would love to hear in today's goa trance, it is very recognizable and memorable. Looks like this kind of amateur tracks are sometimes a good inspiration for remixers.

Powerful cover :lol:

What's the story behind this? Google tells that Argov was an Israeli pop singer who died 12 years before this release. Who actually made these tracks [remixes?]?

Yalon Adot aka Syntezia (https://www.discogs.com/artist/1283984-Yalon-Adot).

The guy ran a Nitzhonot label in the late 90ies called Planet Music (which released Sonichaos and some other goodies).

Yalon was also the man behind the first two Space Buddha albums. From the third album and on it was Indica taking care of the Space Buddha name (Eliad Grundland).

For the rest, there's no particular story attached to this album (afaik). Zohar Argov was/is big in Mizrahi circles in Israel (eastern-flavoured kind of popmusic). Nitzhonot draws a lot of inspiration from eastern-flavoured genres.

Thus, Nitzhonot artists pay tribute to Zohar Argov. End of story :)

• Like 1

Yalon was also the man behind the first two Space Buddha albums. From the third album and on it was Indica taking care of the Space Buddha name (Eliad Grundland).

That's strange. What's the story behind it?

But I would pay money to listen to a good remix of the part between 2:30-4:00 (if you forget about the ugly key change in the middle). This melody is what I would love to hear in today's goa trance, it is very recognizable and memorable.

CheeseAssortment.jpg

;)

• Like 1