Smart Watch.. which one?!

SixZeroFou4

Ok I'm in the market for a new smart phone and I will be getting a smart watch as well. I would like to keep them brand and OS paired, so naturally apple with apple.

Unfortunately I haven't been keeping up.. I'm currently using a windows phone, HTC. I really feel windows has the superior cloud and they just picked up LinkedIn. I really miss the apps so I'm not sure if I can stick it out with windows this go around.

So I guess its between the latest iPhone and watch, and the Samsung galaxy and watch.

If anyone wouldn't mind giving some tips, advice or some thoughts on what they would get, or currently have.. That would be cool. In return I offer a secret handshake. Its the type of handshake that when other people witness they will immediately want to do anything to be our friend!! :)

I've been curious about getting a smart watch recently. My mum bought me an activity tracker and it's great and all but it's fugly and lime green so I was hoping to get something that looked more like a watch so I could wear it at work too.

I did a bit if research and smart watches haven't come very far and most don't do much at all. Tell your phone is ringing, be able to control your music and display app notifications is pretty much it for most.

If I do get one, I'm thinking of getting the Sony Smartwatch 3 as it has gps functionality along with the accelerometer and altitudemeter (I'm getting this word wrong I'm sure) and reportedly does very well tracking your activity which is one of the main functions I want.

The apple watch is supposed to be smooth but if you've never had and iPhone before, beware they are a real step down from Android IMO. I have both, Android for personal and iPhone for work and the iPhone just pisses me off as it doesn't do what I want ever. Can't even simply put the photos in to folders FFS. It's crap as a music player too. The camera works really well though.

I've been curious about getting a smart watch recently. My mum bought me an activity tracker and it's great and all but it's fugly and lime green so I was hoping to get something that looked more like a watch so I could wear it at work too.

I did a bit if research and smart watches haven't come very far and most don't do much at all. Tell your phone is ringing, be able to control your music and display app notifications is pretty much it for most.

If I do get one, I'm thinking of getting the Sony Smartwatch 3 as it has gps functionality along with the accelerometer and altitudemeter (I'm getting this word wrong I'm sure) and reportedly does very well tracking your activity which is one of the main functions I want.

The apple watch is supposed to be smooth but if you've never had and iPhone before, beware they are a real step down from Android IMO. I have both, Android for personal and iPhone for work and the iPhone just pisses me off as it doesn't do what I want ever. Can't even simply put the photos in to folders FFS. It's crap as a music player too. The camera works really well though.

Oh good I am happy to read this.

I did some reading too.. I haven't had the iPhone since the 5. I have a friend with the apple watch and thats what got me started on this. It looks nice but I'm not sold for the exact reasons you mentioned.. Functionality.

The galaxy phone and watch look great and seem decent, but in the end I think you are right about functionality. I will say I really really really miss my wall street journal app on the iPhone.. Made it verrrry easy. Plus the stratfor app.. I just miss those iPhone apps. So I'm leaning towards apple. I will look up the Sony watch right now. Thanks for the reply. Iwill find a tutorial video for the secret handshake and post it lol

When you said wall street journal app I missed the journal and you were trading stocks and bonds :lol: then I googled it and yeah, and iPhone/Android news app you can't get for windows.

If you were happy with your iPhone 5, you'll probably like the 6 because it's basically the same but bigger. Apple always works smoothly too so I'm sure the watch is integrated well but I'm leaning towards getting the Sony one but I'd like to know how accurate the pedometer is, I need to know if there's any pedos about.

I'm also on the look out for a new phone. I got this one with no bezels. It looks great but it's annoying to use. My carrier in Japan doesn't have the greatest selection so I'm deciding between the Nexus 6 and the Sony Experia X Performance. Likely it'll be the Nexus as it's much much cheaper.

Pedometer - :lol:

The word is altimeter (altitudemeter) I've been using iPhone ever since I moved to smartphone scene. I like it, can't use/stand the android. Apple is much more simplistic to me. And I'm ok with iTunes crap as I've been that shit since a looong time (iPod shuffle gen1, iPod classic times)

On watches, sorry no input. I don't like wearing anything apart from clothes. I don't even wear a normal watch and no gold(it's almost blasphemous over here :lol: )

Happy hunting!

iPhone just pisses me off as it doesn't do what I want ever. Can't even simply put the photos in to folders FFS. It's crap as a music player too.

i'll second the music player. itunes on the iphone was great a few updates ago, but they really fucked it up. it went from doing exactly what i wanted it to do to being a confusing convoluted piece of crap. i cannot even figure out how to have it play a track and then continue playing from the same playlist, nor how to only shuffle the tracks from one artist, nor how to turn off all the cloud stuff...

I don't even wear a normal watch and no gold(it's almost blasphemous over here :lol: )

i thought it's customary to use any riches you might have to show your status over there?

i'll second the music player. itunes on the iphone was great a few updates ago, but they really fucked it up. it went from doing exactly what i wanted it to do to being a confusing convoluted piece of crap. i cannot even figure out how to have it play a track and then continue playing from the same playlist, nor how to only shuffle the tracks from one artist, nor how to turn off all the cloud stuff...

I think I know exactly what you mean over here. They really fucked it up on the last OS update I guess. With that shitty drop down feature. Earlier version was so good :/ Few things you can do to minimise the pain. Turn off data for music player by doing this only My Music feature will be in use. I try to add only whole albums, if individual tracks are your thing, I would suggest creasing a playlist over at itunes and add that playlist over here and keep dumping tracks that you like, itunes will automatically update the playlist in your phone with new tracks. Stupid app just eats up tracks with no album titles in album drop down option only for them to appear in the songs drop down as unknown album/artust trakcs :/ aah! I also started using the FLAC Player+ app (easy drag drop option) but honestly its crap :/ but plays FLAC's as is.

i thought it's customary to use any riches you might have to show your status over there?

ha ha.. Not sure how to answer this. I'll try though. As you know we are a land of diversity be it religion-wise , custom-wise or even region-wise.

More than for status people wear it for religious aspect. Most of the gold jewelry worn by women folk will have one or the other god/goddesses on their pendents or some sacred stones or even the threads that you bring back from holy places. So there's that. Now comes the showing-off aspect. I would like to divide this into 2 sub categories if I may. One regular show-off second being occasion specific show off. Regular showing-off depends more on the person/group of persons/societies in specific and it all comes down to mentality of the individuals and the group rather than any customs. I have seen few and had a good laugh too. Especially existing in people of Andhra/Telangana (The Reddy's) my god, I think those people even shit gold! Then there is this new hip-hop rap wave up north in punjab and surrounding areas. Rich ass folks with good enough time to write and sing filthy ass rap songs wearing ton of gold and their followers trying to replicate the same. :lol:

People who want to show off will showoff irrespective of where they come from, I guess.

Occasion specific is a what you might call customary thing. most regular folk dont "show-off" their gold(that doesnt mean they dont wear the usuals, such as rings, ear rings, bracelets and what not.They are common) Its the festivities and ceremonies that bring out their A-game. Wooof! I am always left flabbergasted. Their is inherited gold, their is certain art form specific gold, a complete set with a certain theme, gods/goddesses, whole wide range of stuff over here. There are certain festivals where you HAVE to buy gold. Its customary :lol: Its kinda like who has the most beautiful design and stuff like that within womenfolk during marriages and also the show-off thing. I dont know why they do it :/ I dont like it. Show off your good behaviour, your work towards your community, your nation, environment I dont understand what good can come out of showing-off wealth. Corrupt bitches earning wealth by depriving thousands as if they are gonna eat money. If only their next generation has enough sense of consciousness to realise that they dont deserve the life they are leading. Oh no, looks like I strayed a bit over there in the end.

• Like 1

if individual tracks are your thing, I would suggest creasing a playlist over at itunes and add that playlist over here and keep dumping tracks that you like, itunes will automatically update the playlist in your phone with new tracks. Stupid app just eats up tracks with no album titles in album drop down option only for them to appear in the songs drop down as unknown album/artust trakcs :/ aah! I also started using the FLAP Player+ app (easy drag drop option) but honestly its crap :/ but plays FLAC's as is.

thanks for the suggestions. i'm already doing that with the playlists. but they also have their downsides. it's a pain in the ass to look for something specific in a huge list of tracks when you cannot search hierarchically. and if i use the search function it just plays the one track and then stops. anyway, i hope they fix it in a future version.

Fuck! I didnt realise I typed such a huuuuge ass message. Sorry for that. Kinda went with the flow over there. :D

no worries. i certainly learned a few things :)

i just remembered the owner of the most popular indian restaurant, always wearing huge golden necklaces, rings with huge jewels and a rolex. so i guess that's regular show off? but he's not from andhra pradesh, but from punjab. i don't think he's into hip-hop though ;)

i didn't even know filthy ass rap songs catched on in india. with indian english preserving old phrases and not using the profanities that are normal for many british speakers, that make the language sometimes seem like 19th century gentlemen talking. hip-hop feels out of place there ;)

irrelevant personal rant(coffee effect)

Why do I HAVE to pray after the shower?

since we've already derailed the ttip thread into an unexpected direction i'm trying to keep this short. but since i just came from the shower: wait, what :huh: ? did i miss something ;)

i think your position is very reasonable.

especially when i don't even understand how anyone could wear closed shoes and socks at 35+ degrees ;)

^hi hi. Exactly my point! (35+ degrees) oh yeah punjabis are at the top of showing off :lol: with reddy's (Andhra) it's just gold and fucktons of wealth. With punjabis it's just about every other thing.

Filthy rap songs are usually a mix of English Hindi , I've limited idea as I'm away from TV and also friends and peers for a while. But I can recall a few disgusting rap songs about drinking, objectifying women as sex dolls and other derogatory stuff. Funny thing is chicks seem to dig those tracks. There was this chick at my old workplace pretty sensible (at least I thought so at first) she used to listen to them all the time, I asked her why. The answer I got was " for beats" I didn't know whether to laugh or cry. There's this huge crowd which knows only what's "on TV" pretty chick she was, had a lil bit of fun with her ;) but there was no way of even hoping for a relationship. Not because of music but come on! We are living in the times of mass brutal rape and female child infanticide & sex ratio and people out here are singing and listening to shit which outrightly calls every female a whore and invites people go nasty on them :lol:

You offer prayers after the shower. You need to be "clean" is the whole funda. Shower, then light up incense and lamps and sing a few hymns and apply Vibhuti (idk what's it called in English) and then you go on and do regular stuff. And also there is one person who is tasked with cleaning the various idols and photo frames of gods everyday and decorate them with flowers and stuff. It's usually mums who do it ;) but sometimes males too do it especially in Brahmin community. Those guys are freaks. They don't even have food before all this is taken care of!

And hey it's the smart watch thread, not the TTIP one ;)

Sorry 604IV for temporarily hijacking your thread.

• Like 1

A very interesting fact about Punjab is the disparity between economic growth indicators and social indicators which are worse than other poorer states. You can make out what I'm trying to say ;) it's obvious the fella will boast his wealth. (But they are very hardworking people.)

Dudes!!.. I dont think true freedom :);) follows a framework. It looks like you were able to type a large post and you guys were able to have a good conversation. I dont care if its known as "de-railing" a thread, to me it was some cool dudes talking.. True freedom. I promote the chill way of life. De-rail away my brothers!!

Thanks for the info guys. I really dislike proprietary OS features that make you follow a set of steps.

Is iTunes that crappy?

@abasio dude you are on point with the smart watches. The Sony smart watch 4 is light years ahead. I think all the other watches are toys compared to Sony. Dude great tip and thank you.

After reading all of these sexy posts I am going with the Samsung galaxy s7, and the Sony smart watch 4 when it is out.

Also to comment on the de-rail, I feel with the upcoming brexit, UK thinking of pulling out of the EU, I can see gold going up. I dont see it hitting 2012 levels when china went to gold standard and people bugging out, but I see gold going up. Since it is a nice little investment its always nice to buy 24k and wearable pieces. This way buy low, look fresh, sell high.. Be fresher. :)

I really like your chilled attitude and friendly nature :)

iTunes has its pro's and cons. The one thing (apart from the above) which bugs me is - when I delete music straight from my app to free up memory and iTunes dumps them back in when I sync it :/ I have failed to fully understand this as it doesn't happen everytime but it does happen.

I hate gold, but I would humbly take it if someone gives me a ton of it ;)

I really like your chilled attitude and friendly nature :)

iTunes has its pro's and cons. The one thing (apart from the above) which bugs me is - when I delete music straight from my app to free up memory and iTunes dumps them back in when I sync it :/ I have failed to fully understand this as it doesn't happen everytime but it does happen.

I hate gold, but I would humbly take it if someone gives me a ton of it ;)

Oh yeah brother.. Gotta be chill. Life is beautiful and we have the ability to create any destiny we chose as long as we stay vigilant on every step to achieve our version of heaven on earth .. Or nirvana to those who are applicable

Yup I'm going with the Samsung galaxy s7 edge. Its waterproof.. Nice

Lol @ the gold statement. I think its a safe investment provided you can wait it out. I personally dont roll baller style.. Not into that. Just what looks nice and gives the non verbal communication I was successful enough to achieve it. For some reason my various high end timepieces went a long way when I made friends with all of the new parents at my daughters school. Like I hate shaving my face, but I have to because its just the way it is.

I should get electrolysis on my face. Lolol

Well give us some feedback when you get them, I'm also leaning towards getting the Sony 4 but I have absolutely no reason to get it except I want it. I find this argument doesn't sway my wife so I'd need to make something up like it came free with the phone or I found it on the floor.

Starkraver→ I've not used iTunes for years because it sucks. That's all!

😗

Oh yeah, I do remember a function where you could sync only specific folders so it didn't fuck everything up every time I tried to sync it. Before I discovered that I had to name my iPod titanic so I'd feel good whenever I stopped it from syncing.

😇😗😯

:rolleyes:

I haven't used an iPod in years though so my music goes where I want it and stays put whenever I plug my player into my PC :P

I got the Samsung galaxy s7 edge. It is nice. Very satisfied with it and I do plan on getting the Sony sw4.

I'm going to find a secret handshake tutorial video. Hehe :)

:rolleyes:

I haven't used an iPod in years though so my music goes where I want it and stays put whenever I plug my player into my PC :P

To give better feedback.. this phone absolutely needs a case and screen protector. Since it is the edge I found myself touching the edges of the screen by accident. Nothing you couldn't overcome naturally but I got a nice rubber case around the sides. The screen also needs a protector. I see it cracking.

The battery life of this phone is INSANE. it runs fast. I got rid of all the bloat ware. App selection is great and I will have a phone compatible with the Sony smart watch.

My money is still on Microsoft as a company though. Google is going to buy twitter. The twitter ipo was $48. The stock is at $18. Microsoft announced the 4k Xbox and they have started a medicinal Marijuana grow. The new ceo has plans to address mobile. My money on msft ;)

• 3 weeks later...

Why don't you get music players with a better SQ than the iPod?

I haven't had an iPod for about ten years but at the time I always thought that it was just the headphones that made a difference when listening (or speakers) but I upgraded my iPod to a Sansa clip, $30 worth of plastic tat, I thought I'd just use for the gym. The sound through that, using the same headphones was so much better. I've never touched another apple product since. I'm sure their SQ has improved but then so has everyone else's :P