What do you think happens after death?

Ormion

after a few years (or so it feels) i have changed my view on death a bit.

i still believe in "reincarnation" for a lack of a better word - but perhaps its of intelligent design.

i.e you can choose if you want to reincarnate or not - and if you even get the choice at all.

heaven and hell seems like a nice concept but i dont think there is much truth to it.

browsing the deepweb only for a bit - tells me that hell; no matter how it would exist - is very well justified.

Some humans do not deserve to breath the same air as the rest of us - and if there is any just energy in all of existance - it would be a nice thing if these wicked and truly evil souls got the torment they deserve.

Now, im not one to pass judgement on people and when I read about the death sentence - which i am opposed - i just feel sorry for their families and so on. Like "porr mom, to have their son executed" and so on.

But like I said - once exploring the deep web, the dark net to be exact; i can only hope there is an eternity of torment awaiting these people.

I hate to pass a judgement like that but all humanity and all goodness is completely lost in some individuals and all that exist is true evil.

But anyawy, i think if youve lived a life of love, whether it be love for your mom, love for music, love for whatever - that includes people who are very sad and depressed and killthemselves - i think the ability to reincarnate and try again; exists.

It would seem strange to me, if a wonder so strong and so strange as the human spirit - for it to only exist for a short period of time seems like a waste.

and we already know looking at nature - that nature does NOT waste.

so why would it waste a soul? and yes, the soul is most undeniably real.

There is just no way that surroundings and upbringing means everything. There is something deeper and more profound than that, i think.

So it must also be something equally profound that happens AFTER death.

Its just logic, for me.

Commenting on deja vu from paul; yeah i also believe or think that deja vu happens when you remember something from a past life.

then again, it just might be a natural occurance of having a complex brain.

we already know that our memory works in mysterious ways so im sure that agnostics and non-believers (in a god) are satisfied with the scientific approach.

But no agnostic can ever tell me they have the answers to everything, and that is when faith happens.

it is the belief of something greater.

While that might also be a natural occurence of having a complex brain - its still not enough of an answer to claim fact.

why would deja vu have something to do with past life when it could actually be about a dream we had but forgot about

could be both of course but the latter makes more sense

on topic - i have no idea and to be honest i believe there is no point in thinking about these kind of questions too much as no one will ever know the answer

why would deja vu have something to do with past life when it could actually be about a dream we had but forgot about

could be both of course but the latter makes more sense

on topic - i have no idea and to be honest i believe there is no point in thinking about these kind of questions too much as no one will ever know the answer

people who died and came back have alot to say though.

but i think the moments after natural death, i.e heart stopping, oxygen cut off, etc, and not shot in the head by a gun or something - the pineal gland releases DMT which cause you to hallucinate.

people who died and came back have alot to say though.

but i think the moments after natural death, i.e heart stopping, oxygen cut off, etc, and not shot in the head by a gun or something - the pineal gland releases DMT which cause you to hallucinate.

oxygen stops, circulation stops, no blood to your brain, dead as a rock. So you mean post death hallucinations, ?

thats not my scientifc opinion though, thats just my belief.

and it seems perfectly logical due to the fact that just before death- in many scenarios- the body and the brain will release massive amounts of dopamine and the brains naturally occuring opioid- to signal a calm and easier death.

This happens for example just before someone freezes to death, dehydrates/malnourishes to death, and is reported to happen before strangulation aswell - whether it be due to suffocating from drowning or otherwise.

Of course, rapid onset death such as slug to the head from a gun, would logically not cause any of these symtoms.