Asia 2001 - Vision Future

Asia 2001 - Vision Future (2014) - Album

cover_Asia2001_VisionFuture_Itracks.jpg

Without being properly announced anywhere I just discovered Asia 2001 has a new album, that includes the previously released (last year) Sound Addiction (I+II) and some extra tracks.

You can see it here:
http://www.discogs.com/Asia-2001-Vision-Future/release/5824242

And buy it here:
http://www.djshop.de/Download-asia-2001-vision-future/ex/s~details,u~10068234,p1~mp3/xe/details.html

That is the official shop connected to the itracks label (where they sell the FLAC version)
http://itracks.biz/it/accueil/trance/asia-2001/

• Like 1

I feel perplexed about this. The first time I listened to Sound Addiction, I liked the vibe, the energy. Actually, the full-onic blast was impressive, but once only. At second try, I soon got bored. Well, I eventually got disappointed, and this is quite sad, because you can hear that Mr.Thévenet put a lot of work in in Sound Addiction part. 1 and 2. He used his skill to shape very hi-tech sound and interesting melodies, but somehow, his mixture doesn't work. But I appreciate his efforts to create something new, and encourage him in his efforts. His full-on is indeed pretty unique, pretty exotic. IMO he'll need years of experience, but he might be able to produce some fine psychedelic products with these sounds. Or so I hope.

I'm currently listening to samples of Vision Future. It's a repetition, a clone of those two past albums. Mr. Thévenet shouldn't repeat himself like that. He made a lot of tracks that sound the same, and should - IMO - consider to renew his inspiration. (According to Discogs, Vision Future contains no less than 43 tracks !)

Beyond all this criticism, I hope he really does enjoy himself doing this. Indeed, the most important is that he gets fun ;)

@Scandinasia

He removed the 2 albums of Sound Addiction from sales online and shaped this album as the sum of these 2 that he published in 2013 plus some other new tracks, and made it a single album for 2014. There are some valid tracks though and at 12 eur the flac for the whole 43 tracks album, is not bad. Check the link above where you can purchase it...

• Like 1

Ok ! Thanks for the explanations ! :)

I hadn't seen this part :

Without being properly announced anywhere I just discovered Asia 2001 has a new album, that includes the previously released (last year) Sound Addiction (I+II) and some extra tracks.

yes it deserved to be promoted because well, it seems that they did NO promotion at all... I mean, in this scene u have to announce new releases on forums / facebook / discogs and wherever it is possible or it WILL pass unnoticed between hundreds of releases. The almbus has a nice vibe and some tracks are good.

Looks like that 25 years of experience are gone? :(

I must agree with you.

Listened to the music, and I don't like it either.

Seems it has a lot of potentional, but the sound is less organic and deep as he used to make music.

In it's "simplicity" he used to make genious tracks, now the simplicity seems not to work.

But let's face it, not all his old work is gold ;)

But hey, every artist wants to evolve, so if he thinks this is what he needs to do, full respect! :)

The album title seems to imply that...