3. Histericial Added
4. Lunar Circle
5. Generation
6. Module Z
7. Stratostar
8. Mysterious Fiend
9. Hypersonic

6vuDvJ0.gif

Yep, that's me missing the boat on this one. As I'm attempting to free up space on the external drives, I am in the process of going through music that I know longer listen to. So I come across this and wonder why it flew under my radar.

Oh, I know, it sounds like sh*t.

But I'm getting ahead of myself. This is Luca Galli from Italy who apparently began his career in the early 90's with Etnica only to leave that group to follow his own pursuits.

CyuRPlM.gif

Holy sh*t that chick just blasted a dook in the hot tub!

Ok, so I'm sure Luca didn't have it that bad. Poor chick...just think of the nicknames. She should just move. To another country.

Still, leaving Etnica before they blew up would be like telling a bunch of mop headed Englishmen that the Beatles is a stupid name and you're gonna give this disco thing a try. So he leaves Etnica in the early 90's for whatever reason and releases his debut. In 2006. Here is what part of the Psyshop promo says:

All tracks are released following the partiture and notation made with a keybord, are different works to montage sourcing the sample or loop to be not constructed.

R08JzvP.gif

What the f*ck does that mean? Besides misspelling keyboard whoever wrote this just pissed all over English grammar. I'm guessing it was written way back when and he decided to cobble together what he could and put out an album. And it isn't bad. Some of the tracks like Stratostar, Generation, and Histerical Added have impressive melodies that seem to float across the clouds like a bubble that won't break. Very old-school. At other times it sounds quite minimal and raw, and even with that one can draw parallels with the Etnica style. There are portions where the track rolls along quite innocuously and then BAM! You have a searing and very moving melody. So on the surface of things I'm thinking this is quite the gem.

But the problem is it sounds like sh*t. I'm not one to complain about mastering, but I know when something ain't right in sound town. Maybe the source was poor or degraded and just didn't transition well. I don't know. But it's unlistenable at high volume. Just breaks up. This would be a project for DAT Records, they seem to be good at rescuing old stuff and giving it a fresh shine.

So while some of the tracks are very impressive, the quality of the audio is poor, and I can't recommend this. Especially not the almost 14 bucks Psyshop wants for it.

Psyshop

Mdk

• 1 year later...

Where did they get the idea he worked with etnica in the 90s?

I read this "In the Year of 1992 he started with Etnica Group before he decided to create his own individual position on the Goa Trance music. In 1997 he had a few life gigs in Europe, also together with Mark Spoon and other artists. Besides producing his own music Luca is also working for musical projects, he is composing music for a band.

This album contains hot melodies and hot sound different to normal performance strongly define goa trance. All tracks are released following the partiture and notation made with a keybord, are different works to montage sourcing the sample or loop to be not constructed. In the complex reflect melodies similar at end of '90 years. It's a nice piece of music, enjoy it!"
But this is unconfirmed , I have never heard Max or Mauri commenting of this guy working with them, I will ask but I suppose if he did, it was in the early days before they even started with the real etnica sound... not sure who wrote that text..

• 2 years later...

Such a shame. Such a shame!!! And the prize of worst mastering ever goes to Alpha Circuit. Next to this, Battle of the future Buddhas sounds like the cleanest music. I don't know if it sounds mastered or unmastered actually, but I am sure I have heard unmastered music that still sounds better than this album. Not only mastering but terrible choice of distortion on the kicks. Such a shame because track 3 could be really excellent.

The music itself is good, and considering the release date (2006) I think it could have became a classic, if...