good psytrance without machine gun bassline?

Ake

hey

the title basically says it. atm i'm just listening to oldschool goa and good psygressive, mainly aussie style. but i like to expand my horizon.

so, what i'm looking for is psytrance without that boring typical machine gun bassline that you have here for example:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tgeNJXy-XE0

my impression is that this is almost everywhere in the psytrance genre, hopefully i'm wrong. to sum it up, please recommend good psytrance that:

- is from 2010/2011.

- doesn't have the mentioned machine gun bassline all over it.

- isn't newschool goa or dark psy.

- is psychedelic but not too stressfull.

maybe i already posted a similar thread a few years ago, don't remember.

thanks for your help! :)

just checked samples. don't like BOTFB & Ka-Sol-Masters of the Outhouse at all, too heavy and loud for my taste.

Mojo and Loopus In Fabula sound generally interesting, but it's not what i look for, seems a little too experimental.

thanks anyway Ormion! :)

already ordered, Zenon is one of my favorite labels anyway. that's why i was asking for regular psytrance that meets the mentioned requirements. thanks though :)

yes, i know this album. it's not bad. i also liked the Headroom album from 2008. it had some machine gun basslines, but not that dominant. and just for the case i didn't make this clear: i'm not looking for progressive psy. i like that style (if it's good), so i have a good overview on it already. not referring to you Insejn, the Loud album is a little proggy but i wouldn't call it progressive psy, just psy :)

checked some talpa tracks, not bad indeed. it's quite in ya face trancey progressive style, not very twisted or deep imo, but certainly not bad party music. anyway, interesting that it obviously isn't that easy to give recommendations that meet my wishes. that probably means that my impression about that machine gun bassline being almost everywhere in modern psytrance is correct. maybe that could be a major problem of today's psytrance. in the 90s when psychedelic trance was more popular than today you had more variety i guess.

checked some talpa tracks, not bad indeed. it's quite in ya face trancey progressive style, not very twisted or deep imo, but certainly not bad party music. anyway, interesting that it obviously isn't that easy to give recommendations that meet my wishes. that probably means that my impression about that machine gun bassline being almost everywhere in modern psytrance is correct. maybe that could be a major problem of today's psytrance. in the 90s when psychedelic trance was more popular than today you had more variety i guess.

Well it depends what you mean machine gun bass. You mean every 16th note bass or the annoying kind like the track you posted?

yeah i actually mean every 16th note bass, i don't like this at all. it's ok and even can do the trick if it's for a short part of the track like 30-60 seconds or so. but having this through a complete track makes no sense at all imo, unless it sounds so "far away" that you don't really notice it.