rare stuff from the beggining of the 00's

PlutoDelic

fellas, i dont wanna be annoying here asking for more rare shit to sound more cool, i am in need of some old sound, probably non-existent in the present time and maybe even unnamed as a sound itself

through my eaResearch in the psychedelic sound, it was very rare that artists got my attention, and i have noticed this conversion from GOA to PSY was really flooded with different styles. today psytrance is recognized by the world through full-on, perhaps because of some artists faults (we just shouldnt give them too much power) or who knows, people just started giving less shit and enjoying their stupid pills more then the music

i am not a fan of the first kind of psytrance, artists like koxbox, logic bomb and battle of the future buddhas just dont ring any bell in me, however, just some years later, between 2000-2004, this deep feeling was introduced, even Vibrasphere made some less progressive and more atmospheric tunes, but what i am exactly looking is submarine like sound, not overloaded with elements and carefuly made. Cosmic Tone did some amazing work with Overwhelming and Going Solo, even the 2005 album sounded right if you can stand the sword like synths (cheese at some point). it's positive music, takes a bit of time to dive in and can even be euphoric at some moments but most of the time its mellow.

key artists: cosmic tone, cosma, some son kite stuff and even some vibrasphere stuff, i am sure that the archive people here know what im talking about...i remember Wrecked Machines did some sort of stuff as well, and these names today make only noise, not music.

for those who werent into this stuff, have a listen :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ss9ZvaDGiGQ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RHHrTG4bNBg

or something even lower and techish from him

or or or, even stuff like this

not to forget this

wtf happened with this scene :(

I think I know what you mean, you are looking for that type of subtle sounds.

Those are rare imo.

Let's give it a try.

Altom - hologram

Orion - artificial frequencies

Etic - feedback

Wrecked Machines indeed.

This is all subtle fullon with some proggy influences. But all not to fast and not to overloaded.

Maybe Soul surfer?

i remember listening to some Altom tunes, couldnt digg with him, Orion is nice aswell but a different breed, just like i said, those times artists really watched only their own shit, now it feels like a centralised music society :(

HOWEVEEEER, ETIC is sick :D, you just introduced me to the most wonderful feeling ever, that of a new artists which really vibrates your ear :)

edit: soul surfer sounds nice too, you said something about a hybrid of full-on and progressive, i say it is a matter of composition skills, but in soul surfers case you are absolutely right :)

more mate, we're on the same freqs

RE-EDIT: Visual Paradox - Wicked Way, how could i forget this :)

Etic is indeed great! I have searched 5 years since 2002 (Altom - hologram) for fullon or progressive like this,

And I've stopped my search since then.

If you go back in General psytrance you will find some topics started with your question by me (on isratrance the same).

They are very rare. So sorry mate Posted Image

But hey, let's give it another try Posted Image

Some tracks of fractal glider, but I can't remember which ones.

Maybe Fatali released in 2003?

S-range also released in 2003? (I remember this album being remastered last year or the year before)

Silent sphere sometimes, but then again to much not.

It's hard to give full albums in that direction.

Ultravoice pulled it off in a track released around 2003/2004 once but shoot me, I have no idea which one Posted Image. It was a released mix cd.

And Neelix - no way to leave from 2005, how do you feel about that album?

sounds like good fullon to me :)

rare music nowadays...

similar tracks that come to my mind right now are Hux Flux - Skurk, Talamasca - Time Simulation and even stuff from well known isreali-fullon-cheese criminals such as Alien Project - DJ Where Are You and Astrix - Crystal Sequence.

for newer stuff you might want to check out Mindwave or Elegy (altough the latter is more progressive than fullon)

man im glad the topic got attention, feels good not to be alone

lads, we have to be careful what we call full-on imo. it is quite a new term, 10 years ago i dont think people called this music any other then psytrance, and thats something you cant use today cause it just doesnt exist.

even the original psytrance used to be nice:

(ignoring the end...)

or

Zorba - The Rush

i remember listening to those tracks from a dj set, had quite some nice tunes, but had cheese aswell, but to me this is not full-on, not if compared to what full-on means in general and majority, maybe FULL IN :P.

anyway, feels good to talk about the music that infected me to this wonderful world :), desinfected actualy.

I'd recommend Process - One Drop or Two. If you allow the tracks to build, the entire album is excellent. Tromesa and Toi Doi have some interesting tracks from that era that might interest you too. Then Yamabikaya - The Arrival (2000) and Children of Paradise - Urban Alien (1999) were quite psy-techno-ish. There are two earlier Goa era albums that are pure Goa-Techno, Planet B.E.N. - Trippy Future Garden (1996) and Har-El Prussky - Pagan Moon Child (1994).

I dont know if this qualifies as rare but since you mentioned Cosma, you might like Penta - Neurotic Call. It is ominous and deep but not "amusical", it has a great deep and dark atmosphere, in fact its one of my all time darkpsy favorites:

http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=D7J4d-bFnEk

Good one,

Penta was one my list too but then again if he did not like Altom - Hologram I doubted.

• 4 weeks later...