3. Digital Users

4. Questions

5. A whisper of hope

6. Little Bastards

7. Intelligent shade of green

8. Outsider

9. Surprise

10. Dreamer

This was a blind buy. Because this label has consistently produced top notch quality progressive trance, they have earned that respect from me. Compilations like Subfuse and Future Nature as well as the Vertex release Ocean have all garnered rave reviews from me. Smooth, emotional music that did not forget to pack its boogie shoes. So, yeah I just bought it without hearing samples. Come to think of it, that was kind of ballsy and risky. But I'm here to tell you that it was worth it. So much so that it has found a new home atop my playlist. I can't get it out. Like that friend who won't leave when the party is clearly over? But actually it is like a hot piece of ass that you find ways to meet. To show up "coincidentally" every where she is. Because of this, the review will feature boobs, butts, and a whole lot of shaking. Because...well, I like all of those things. So keep the kids away.

Posted Image

God I hate that guy. His fifteen minutes was up 16 minutes ago. Thankfully the one responsible is not him. It is none other than Goran Juric. You know, Talpa? When he released The Art of Being Non way back in 04 it was revolutionary. And I don't use that word lightly. He followed up with When the Somberness Becomes a game and well, it was...

Posted Image

But not unlike Osher I believe he has found his new calling. This disc is loaded with...f*ck I don't know how to label it. It has house, progressive, ambient influences....it's all over the place. But it is so infectiously groovy and induces involuntary ass wiggling that really needs to be studied. Imagine if you could harness that power stop a bank robbery just by playing this...one moment the crooks are threatening hostages, and they're scared out of their wits... the next...

Posted Image

It's the Soul Train awards. Just so you know, no racism was implied. I'm sure there are plenty of white bank robbers but they are hard to find on Soul Train. Just sayin.

Robots Like To Have Sex- Well no sh*t, who doesn't like the sticky icky? I knew Goran changed his style, but this is total 180 type stuff. Huge big beat and wrap around bass with mid tempo love. Even the break is super well done with drifting pads and soft repeating tones. The chopped up funkiness is just the icing on the cake. Makes a brotha wanna bounce..

Posted Image

Hide and Seek- More Earth shattering bass that whips your head around like you just got knocked the f*ck out! Rambling riffs rise and fall but at the perfect tempo for shakin' it. The dark melody that comes next is ultra groovy and sinister. Even white boys gotsta shout

Posted Image

The bounce keeps going with the synths shimmering and the bass thumping and then it brings back the melody with spooky effects. The synth runs arrive again and on their own they would be annoying but with that bass...grill cheese. I like grill cheese. Fantastic.

Digital Users- Opera singing? Choirs? Wouldn't think that would fit together would you? Liar. Well with the bass as the glue it sure does as a lead screams across the track. I mean it has it all, stuttering synths, vibes...it's kinda like a Tim Burton house party. Spooky yet eerily groovy.

Questions- The bass is different here, more rumbling instead of filthy. The captain has turned the groove sign on and we can see the city lights. The break is special with it's jazz doo's...who the f*ck invited the cast of glee to this party. Whatever, it works. It's another pensive groover that isn't solely about the good time. The end is almost a Catholic lament for chrissakes. Very nice though.

A Whisper of Hope- This is the ambient interlude which is kind of weird. It floats along with a simple refrain as the background. I wonder what he is hoping for? This is what it made me think of..

Posted Image

Little Bastards- We're back to uptempo stuff with a glitchy, grungy roller. It's more minimal with its wobbly bass, but it has a melody that screams to be heard. It's disco ball intense and kinda nasty.

Posted Image

Wow, two Katy Perry gifs...didn't see that coming.

Intelligent Shade of Green- There has been a shift in focus gentlemen. No longer are we here to party, but to be introspective. This is the thinking man's progressive trance with a xylophone, brass sounds and a smooth breakbeat. Melancholy sounds echo into space as the bass line rumbles forward. Where we once had sunshine and light, the sun has since set and the freaks shall come out at night.

Outsider- Eerie spookiness continues as synths shimmer in the moonlight but man did he pack his nut kicking bass. It's super groovy and melodic trancey style hits me just right. When the epic trance lead comes in you can't help but feel you are on the shores of Ibiza. Slow and sexy like.

Posted Image

Surprise- Another low grumbler with big bass and somber synth tones. The sun is long gone but ain't nothing like a Doggy Dogg party cause a Doggy Dogg party don't stop. More synths come in layers as a piano riffs in briefly. High brow stuff here people. He then takes a turn towards electro but I gotta hand it to him, he delivers a tasty treat.

Dreamer- We close with the soft sound of the tides lapping at the shore as more synths shimmer high above the Earth. A smooth breakbeat allows me to reflect on what Goran has just delivered. Guitar strings gently strum amidst distorted synth sounds. A really relaxing piece that ends with the sounds of wildlife and the ocean. Super.

Wow, this was a stupendous release. It was melodic, emotional, and first and foremost ass wiggling tastic! He brought elements from all over the map and put them together in a seriously tasty melange that gets better with every play. My hat's off to you (if I wore one) this was an excellent effort that should be heard by all who like electronic music. Tesseract you have done it again. I can't make it any plainer..well, maybe this will help.

Posted Image

It's a f*cking cracker. Highly recommended.

Psyshop

Beatspace

Goastore

Mdk

I really dont like this style but Talpa is always amazing!

I didn't think I would like it either, but the more I played it the more infectious it became. After his disappointing 2nd album, he has gotten his groove back.

Mdk

• 1 year later...

Your reviews are the bomb Trance2MoveU, I hope you'll write one for my next label release if you have time and like it enough!

Regarding The Riddler material, is a different exploration towards new musical directions, i found some interesting tracks in this release.

Goran is a very talented musician in my opinion that can deliver some incredible tracks, be it in the goa direction or in some newer and fresher sounds.

Thanks Drake! I'd be happy to review anything from your label. All of your releases have been impressive. And I believe you have a big one coming up...wink wink! If you would like me to review anything, just PM me...happy to do it.

I had three tabs open on the CPU: One for DAT, One for Cronomi, and one for Sita Records and was getting ready to empty out your respective catalogs when the Jeep decided to go out on me. So now I gots that headache. However, once that's taken care of...

spendy spendy.

Mdk