Dr Who?

Lemmiwinks

just seen the start of the 5th series and I realized that there aren't any topics here discussing it... Am I the only fan around here? In case you didn't know it is in the Guinness Book of World Records for being the longest lasting TV series ever, with the first episode airing way back in...1963!!

It had a long hiatus though right?

I think Coronation Street might be the longest running TV show (1960-present with no gaps)

About Dr. Who though: I love the idea, the concepts and the overall story but it occasionally falls into the trap of many a series where it has boring "filler" episodes. I think I saw up to the 3rd series of the current run. Must watch more soon :ph34r:

• 2 weeks later...

well yep, like you said, sometimes there are filler episodes but IMO that's inevitable with a series, especially a long-lasting one. I kindof lost interest when they replaced Rose but the new 5th series is coming back in force, I really love it... and the new assistant as well (a scottish lass, of course ;))

Posted Image

Fucking A, Dr Who.

Although lately they have a tendency to go well over the top from time to time, eg see the finale of the episodes in which The Master imprisons The Doctor on that flying fortress; or the Vincent Van Gogh episode sporting the new guy.

• 1 month later...

Loved the new episode yesterday, rather muddled in places but i know it will all come together next week...:) been watching Dr Who forever.... Was sad to hear that Sarah-Jane died (irl) this last week.