Hallucinogen new album.

Lost & Found

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well i dont know why you bothered to quote me there...you didnt even say anything related to the quotes...

but since you asked...heres the fuckin' quote...dumb ass

you wanna keep playing? if you do...at least try making it interesting. youre too easy

I thought I was pretty clear for a dumb ass.

I have voted 2 days ago on the twisted forum. The counter stood at 210 people desperately wanting a third Hallucinogen album. I've just visited the forum again and the counter said 244 wanted the album, seriously.

Here is what I propose to the psynews community: If everyone here got an account on the twisted forum and vote EVERYONE would benefit from it. Let me explain: If you like Simon's music you should have already voted. If you didn't you're a lazy f**ker.:P If you like Hallucinogen's first two albums but stopped believin' in him when you listened to his recent output, go vote. When the third album sucks, you can bash Simon for eternity for all I care because I've purchased my third Hallucinogen album together with all of his devoted fans. If you don't like his music at all, it is possible yet incredible, and still go vote you can say that YOU've made your fellow psytrance-listeners( the Hallucinogen aficionado's) eternally grateful because YOU made the difference. It's all about togetherness, understanding, freedom of taste. Offcourse you're allowed, as always, to literally wipe your ass with the third Hallucinogen album. It does'nt matter because by then I will have my treasure, our treasure, yes the third Hallucinogen album, playing in my CD-player. EVERYONE'S HAPPY NOT???

This whole post was a dry joke to the whole poll thing.

You've taken one sentence out of context. Then you twisted it by saying I called everyone a lazy fucker who doesn't agree with me. I'm not gonna put a smiley behind every sentence you might not understand.

But for you anything. Editing.

I'm willing to put more smilies to make it a little easyer on you :lol:...oh wait :angry:

Who am I to question anyone's taste. I just don't like people judging him as if he were a has-been by saying what he should or shouldn't do.

Did you dance right in front of the stage or were you at the back tapping your foot? It's a big difference.

I always dance right at the front, I am not a foot tapper!

The fact is (well not a fact as this is my taste but as my taste is a fact as I am me and I know what my taste is so I can say that as my taste it is a fact but it is not objective and shouldn't be taken as a sweeping fact that is true for everyone) that Simon's music has gone downhill lately. I haven't heard anything under the Hallucinogen Moniker since TLD (which I didn't think was that good as it was too cheesy) that didn't make me groan. Well actually that's a lie, The Herb Garden & e were both fantastic but also both ambient tracks. His Shpongle stuff is still good but nothing like it was. Younger Brother has too many lyrics and those tracks just make me cry with the wasted space on the album.

So he is a has-been (IMO) and I am sure for some people he is a never-had-been. If you think the recent output from Simon is great then I am happy for you, I never think that my taste is in anyway better than other people's but for me Simon has become a big disappointment and there are many other much better artists out there I'd rather spend my time on.

One thing that does impress me about Simon though is that he does seem to be doing what he wants to do. That is another reason why I think he shouldn't bow to fan pressure and make a 3rd Hallucinogen album (he was obviously joking when he said that he would and he seemed to truly believe there would not be enough interest and therefore wouldn't have to do it), if he does do it just for the fans then it won't be something he has made for himself and will be all the weaker for it. He'll be thinking "what will go down well" and as soon as an artist starts thinking that; they are lost.

Of course there is a decent chance I have no idea what I am talking about, just some fried brain on the internet with his own opinions in his own little world. Feel free to love SP like a god but I'll stick with Twisted, MOTY & e thanks.

I always dance right at the front, I am not a foot tapper!

The fact is (well not a fact as this is my taste but as my taste is a fact as I am me and I know what my taste is so I can say that as my taste it is a fact but it is not objective and shouldn't be taken as a sweeping fact that is true for everyone) that Simon's music has gone downhill lately. I haven't heard anything under the Hallucinogen Moniker since TLD (which I didn't think was that good as it was too cheesy) that didn't make me groan. Well actually that's a lie, The Herb Garden & e were both fantastic but also both ambient tracks. His Shpongle stuff is still good but nothing like it was. Younger Brother has too many lyrics and those tracks just make me cry with the wasted space on the album.

So he is a has-been (IMO) and I am sure for some people he is a never-had-been. If you think the recent output from Simon is great then I am happy for you, I never think that my taste is in anyway better than other people's but for me Simon has become a big disappointment and there are many other much better artists out there I'd rather spend my time on.

One thing that does impress me about Simon though is that he does seem to be doing what he wants to do. That is another reason why I think he shouldn't bow to fan pressure and make a 3rd Hallucinogen album (he was obviously joking when he said that he would and he seemed to truly believe there would not be enough interest and therefore wouldn't have to do it), if he does do it just for the fans then it won't be something he has made for himself and will be all the weaker for it. He'll be thinking "what will go down well" and as soon as an artist starts thinking that; they are lost.

Of course there is a decent chance I have no idea what I am talking about, just some fried brain on the internet with his own opinions in his own little world. Feel free to love SP like a god but I'll stick with Twisted, MOTY & e thanks.

I don't adore him like a God, he is God ;):P . In my opinion he's still doing it meaning get me to dance & groove for the whole show :ph34r: . That doesn't happen very often believe me. You just can't ignore the influence he had on the psytrance scene. Wether you don't like him or some of his music, that's up to you. Like you said you respect him for what he does even if you don't like all of his output. I'm starting to sound like his lawyer so time to quit it.

Note: Don't take my posts too literal, except the one you quoted, that was me playing the advocate of the devil..I mean God ;) . :P

Smilie overdose. Can't be too careful. :unsure:

why would i bother giving an opinion then? there's a factor that creates a contrast between people, it's called TASTE.

though my point was bypassed as it seems, even though i dont like much of his material, a single track made me register and vote, but keep in mind, i voted as a GOA fan, and i wont beg him for an album, cause that's what the posts on the twisted forum are broadcasting.

I really wonder why are you saying that, is that jealousy?

The guy is asking the fans if they want an old school hallucinogen album, "old time cooking" i might say, he's aware of the new school mouvence goa and want to make sure their is still people who like the 95 music, so what?

You don't like his style but you vote anyway because you're dying for a new album, do you? :)

Personally I'll beg him until he release the disc :P , because he's the father of the psytrance music B) no sweat;

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Another dumb argument. Here's my two cents: I don't care what music people like. Like Britney Spears for all I care, just don't get into stupid arguments on the internet driven by your elitist ego. :)

My cents: I don't care what arguments people like. Like stupid arguments on the internet driven by your elitist ego for all I care, just don't play the wrong music.

:P

Noticed a while ago that the poll is gone.