Hallucinogen new album.

Lost & Found

i noticed on that poll there was no "please for fucks sake DONT make another hallucinogen album"

so the entire poll is worthless.

SP has always and will always be a boring egotistical twat.

his only good track is an unreleased version of pink floyds on the run....which obviously is good because of the source material and not really SP's treatment of it.

and before anyone says anything...yes ive seen him....a lot....as hallucinogen and shpongle.

B-O-R-I-N-G

the people who like him are the same people who like infected and astral.....and yes...skazi

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is obviously, demonstrably false.

well...not where im from.

in fact its demonstrably true as indicated by the reason i said it. which is around here the same people going bonkers for im, astral, and skazi are the same people who just about piss themselves when they hear possford is comming to town.

perhaps this is not the case where you are, i dont know....but here....completely true

i noticed on that poll there was no "please for fucks sake DONT make another hallucinogen album"

so the entire poll is worthless.

SP has always and will always be a boring egotistical twat.

his only good track is an unreleased version of pink floyds on the run....which obviously is good because of the source material and not really SP's treatment of it.

and before anyone says anything...yes ive seen him....a lot....as hallucinogen and shpongle.

B-O-R-I-N-G

the people who like him are the same people who like infected and astral.....and yes...skazi

Heh. Just because Astral Projection and Hallucinogen are popular in this scene doesn't mean they are bad.

If you can't at least respect Twisted and Trust in Trance 3 for the innovation they brought, then I don't how you can claim to listen to Goa.

Have you even heard Angelic Particles, Soothsayer, Space Pussy, LSD, Transpotter / Mahadeva, Kabalah, Nilaya, Time Began With the Universe (another time mix), etc?

These tracks are stormers. Among the best this scene has ever put out.

What happened to caring about the music over the DJ? Who gives a flaming shit who made it and their personality, the music is what matters.

Simon could be the biggest asshole in the world for all I care. As long as his music doesn't suffer, I don't care.

Yeah, some people only listen to them because they are popular, but don't confuse them with those of us who appreciate the music.

Skazi and IM are another story however... :lol:

Heh. Just because Astral Projection and Hallucinogen are popular in this scene doesn't mean they are bad.

If you can't at least respect Twisted and Trust in Trance 3 for the innovation they brought, then I don't how you can claim to listen to Goa.

Have you even heard Angelic Particles, Soothsayer, Space Pussy, LSD, Transpotter / Mahadeva, Kabalah, Nilaya, Time Began With the Universe (another time mix), etc?

These tracks are stormers. Among the best this scene has ever put out.

What happened to caring about the music over the DJ? Who gives a flaming shit who made it and their personality, the music is what matters.

Simon could be the biggest asshole in the world for all I care. As long as his music doesn't suffer, I don't care.

Skazi and IM are another story however... :lol:

you are right that just because astral and and hallucinogen are popular doesnt mean they are bad.

their horrible music means they are bad.

i never claimed to listen to goa....i havent listened to goa since 1996, i listen to psytrance. 2 entirely different kinds of music.

yes ive heard every one of those things you listed...bla bla bla....not interested. its cool if you like them...not my thing though.

music over the dj? what are you talking about??? im talking about hallucinogen, shpongle, and younger brother...not his dj sets (which really arent any better).

all im saying is that like im, skazi, and astral...posfords music is terribly over rated and cheesy. its also liked generally by the same group of people.

again...its all a matter of opinion...if you like his stuff...great...listen to it, i dont care.

in fact do me a favor...organize a festival next summer with hallucinogen, astral, im, shpongle and skazi

that will give me more room on the dance floor for psykovsky, venom sense, and unwashed tomato and i wont have to deal with a bunch of cheese ball full on neo hippies stumbling through my dance space choking me with a cloud of patchouli oil.

i never claimed to listen to goa....i havent listened to goa since 1996, i listen to psytrance. 2 entirely different kinds of music.

So first things first. You don't listen to Goa, oh sorry you did, until 1996. That's fourteen years of listening to psytrance, or what???

that will give me more room on the dance floor for psykovsky, venom sense, and unwashed tomato and i wont have to deal with a bunch of cheese ball full on neo hippies stumbling through my dance space choking me with a cloud of patchouli oil.

Feeling real smug about ourselves?

you are right that just because astral and and hallucinogen are popular doesnt mean they are bad.

their horrible music means they are bad.

yes ive heard every one of those things you listed...bla bla bla....not interested. its cool if you like them...not my thing though.

music over the dj? what are you talking about??? im talking about hallucinogen, shpongle, and younger brother...not his dj sets (which really arent any better).

all im saying is that like im, skazi, and astral...posfords music is terribly over rated and cheesy. its also liked generally by the same group of people.

again...its all a matter of opinion...if you like his stuff...great...listen to it, i dont care.

in fact do me a favor...organize a festival next summer with hallucinogen, astral, im, shpongle and skazi

You're putting words in my mouth. I don't like Skazi or IM.

I don't care for Younger Brother or any but the first Shpongle album, either.

You don't know what albums I listen to. I listen to Psykovsky also.

You overgeneralize. Narrow-minded people generalize.

You're putting words in my mouth. I don't like Skazi or IM.

I don't care for Younger Brother or any but the first Shpongle album, either.

You don't know what albums I listen to. I listen to Psykovsky also.

what words am i putting in your mouth? show me where i claimed you said anything.

ok you listen to psykovsky....i never said you didnt. i have no idea what albums you listen to...i never claimed you listen to anything.

its you who are putting words in my mouth.

im not over generalizing...generalizing? maybe...but OVER generalizing...absolutely not.

im speaking from my own experiences...are you implying that i have not had these experiences of witnessing first hand the kinds of people at hallucinogen or shpongle shows ive been to?

theres nothing wrong with generalizing if its based in factual observations....watch

in general....people like to eat food.

in general....being stabbed with a knife hurts

in general....its dark at night

see....am i narrow minded because i just generalized 3 things in a row?

none of those things are 100% true all the time...but IN GENERAL they are correct.

and calling me narrow minded.

im not the one claiming that what i said cant be possible or is wrong...you are.

are you so narrow minded that you cant see a possible reality in which my statements are true?

if you read up the thread a little bit youll see that when someone said that their experiences differed from mine....i accepted it. i never claimed that they were wrong or that my point of view was the only one.

you however seem to be unable to accept that my observations could possibly be the truth.

so..which one of us is being narrow minded?

what words am i putting in your mouth? show me where i claimed you said anything.

ok you listen to psykovsky....i never said you didnt. i have no idea what albums you listen to...i never claimed you listen to anything.

its you who are putting words in my mouth.

im not over generalizing...generalizing? maybe...but OVER generalizing...absolutely not.

im speaking from my own experiences...are you implying that i have not had these experiences of witnessing first hand the kinds of people at hallucinogen or shpongle shows ive been to?

theres nothing wrong with generalizing if its based in factual observations....watch

in general....people like to eat food.

in general....being stabbed with a knife hurts

in general....its dark at night

see....am i narrow minded because i just generalized 3 things in a row?

none of those things are 100% true all the time...but IN GENERAL they are correct.

My point is: who cares that some of the people who show up at Hallucinogen sets are too "hippy" for you.

That doesn't affect the music.

You overgeneralize by implying that only people who annoy you listen to Hallucinogen.

Do you know every one of them? No.

Overgeneralization.

Your subjective experience at a festival is not factual observation.

This is all subjective anyway. This isn't going to get anywhere.

My only point is you shouldn't base the music only upon a subset of the people who listen to it.

That's all.

yes....and?

So psytrance started in 1996? when you stopped listening to Goa? ...and they are 2 totally different genres? Last time I checked in the 90's psychedelic dancemusic was referred to as Goa. Psytrance evolved from it around the millenium.

I don't mind what you think about anyone or anything, just get of your high horse. It doesn't suit you.

i prefer to call it having a discerning palate.

Sure.

and calling me narrow minded.

im not the one claiming that what i said cant be possible or is wrong...you are.

are you so narrow minded that you cant see a possible reality in which my statements are true?

if you read up the thread a little bit youll see that when someone said that their experiences differed from mine....i accepted it. i never claimed that they were wrong or that my point of view was the only one.

you however seem to be unable to accept that my observations could possibly be the truth.

so..which one of us is being narrow minded?

Again, your observations at one festival with a certain group of people are not scientific.

What about the people who don't go to festivals and listen to it at home? What about the non-"hippies"?

I maintain that you are being narrow-minded.

I can be narrow minded to. I'm just pointing out that your dismissal of their music is subjective and not factual or objective.

My point is: who cares that some of the people who show up at Hallucinogen sets are too "hippy" for you.

That doesn't affect the music.

You overgeneralize by implying that only people who annoy you listen to Hallucinogen.

Do you know every one of them? No.

Overgeneralization.

Your subjective experience at a festival is not factual observation.

This is all subjective anyway. This isn't going to get anywhere.

My only point is you shouldn't base the music only upon a subset of the people who listen to it.

That's all.

dude...where are you getting this stuff?

i never said that ONLY those people listen to it....show me where i said that

my subjective observation at a festival ( many festivals and many more 1 night shows) is actually a factual observation...thats what observations are....they are what you observe.

and again...where am i basing the music on the people who listen to it???? its quite the other way around

the music is bad because its bad music....my point is that IN GENERAL (i.e. not 100%) the people who like it have bad taste in psytrance...thats why they like it.

seriously...is it that hard to follow?

dude...where are you getting this stuff?

i never said that ONLY those people listen to it....show me where i said that

my subjective observation at a festival ( many festivals and many more 1 night shows) is actually a factual observation...thats what observations are....they are what you observe.

and again...where am i basing the music on the people who listen to it???? its quite the other way around

the music is bad because its bad music....my point is that IN GENERAL (i.e. not 100%) the people who like it have bad taste in psytrance...thats why they like it.

seriously...is it that hard to follow?

You don't seem to get it.

Taste in music is purely subjective.

By your "observation" at the festival, I meant to replace your phrasing with the term "experience".

So, you have a way to codify the behaviour you witnessed at the festival and psychoanalyze it and extract facts with which to support your claim?

Do you have a scientific music-rating device?

Of course you don't.

Music is subjective, experience is subjective.

I'm done with this conversation for now, that's all I have to say.

So psytrance started in 1996? when you stopped listening to Goa? ...and they are 2 totally different genres? Last time I checked in the 90's psychedelic dancemusic was referred to as Goa. Psytrance evolved from it around the millenium.

I don't mind what you think about anyone or anything, just get of your high horse. It doesn't suit you.

Sure.

my high horse?????

wow.

you sir...are completely incorrect.

1. i didnt say psytrance started in 1996...i said i stopped listening to goa in 1996.

2. yes thay are two entirely different styles of music...thats why we have two different names for them.

3. in the late 90's most stuff that was actually psytrance was still being called goa...even though there was a definite difference between the two. at that time if people asked me what kind of music listened to id say "goa/psytrance". from the late 90's to the very early 2000's the terms goa and psytrance were interchangeable. as the music that we recognize as psytrance now became more prolific and more popular, people started to differentiate between the two and started to use the names goa and psytrance more accurately and separately.

i have no idea how old you are....but....were you there? were you part of the psychedelic dance music scene at that time? if you were then you should know all this already...and if you werent...well hopefully what i just said helps you understand a bit better.

Just one more thing before I go.

@reyu is not completely incorrect.

X-Dream's Radio didn't just appear out of thin air and take its inspiration from the depths of the universe, it borrowed heavily from goa, just like all the other early psy releases.

Goa and Psy obviously aren't totally different, you know that. They are remarkably similar. More similar than different.

Now I'll go. B)

You don't seem to get it.

Taste in music is purely subjective.

By your "observation" at the festival, I meant to replace your phrasing with the term "experience".

So, you have a way to codify the behaviour you witnessed at the festival and psychoanalyze it and extract facts with which to support your claim?

Do you have a scientific music-rating device?

Of course you don't.

Music is subjective, experience is subjective.

I'm done with this conversation for now, that's all I have to say.

i dont seem to get it?

holy crap.....YOU dont seem to get it.

i am NOT basing the music on anything other than the music.

music is subjective? really? why i had no idea.

and experiences are subjective too???? oh my god!

look....im not basing what i say on 1...2...or even a few experiences ok? im basing it on many many experiences.

here are some facts (facts...actual facts) that should you decide im not lying about them should suffice. i have no way to prove it because i didnt take video or pictures as i didnt know i would need them in order to explain myself to you.

here...where i live there is a fairly large psytrance scene. its large, but it doesnt change much...that is to say its mostly the same people over and over again....mostly.

over the past couple of years ive been to shows by simon posford, infected mushroom, and astral projection (not skazi)

at these shows there were almost NO psytrance people there (more for posford) and instead these shows were full of horrible club kids who were causing trouble, being assholes and making the cops show up.

now if you wanted the whole truth i can tell it to you, but i refrain from doing so as to not be offensive to anyone.

but there is (where i am anyway) a certain kind of crowd that likes these acts...and they arent any fun to be around. they are obnoxious, annoying, inconsiderate, and not at all the same as the cool laid back psytrance crowd.

Just one more thing before I go.

@reyu is not completely incorrect.

X-Dream's Radio didn't just appear out of thin air and take its inspiration from the depths of the universe, it borrowed heavily from goa, just like all the other early psy releases.

Goa and Psy obviously aren't totally different, you know that. They are remarkably similar. More similar than different.

Now I'll go. B)

talk about putting words in my mouth.

again...i never said they didnt have similarities or a common ground. in fact i was pretty clear about saying that at the time...they were interchangeable.

let me ask you...if you hear a goa track...do you recognize it as goa as opposed to psytrance....what about the other way around?

we all know the difference between the 2...thats because there is a difference between them. they are different.....hence the 2 different names.

geez.

my high horse?????

wow.

That's just because your mouth oozes BS that it makes me sick. I'm not gonna begin to gather all your lame and weak qoutes.

you sir...are completely incorrect.

1. i didnt say psytrance started in 1996...i said i stopped listening to goa in 1996.

2. yes thay are two entirely different styles of music...thats why we have two different names for them.

3. in the late 90's most stuff that was actually psytrance was still being called goa...even though there was a definite difference between the two. at that time if people asked me what kind of music listened to id say "goa/psytrance". from the late 90's to the very early 2000's the terms goa and psytrance were interchangeable. as the music that we recognize as psytrance now became more prolific and more popular, people started to differentiate between the two and started to use the names goa and psytrance more accurately and separately.

i have no idea how old you are....but....were you there? were you part of the psychedelic dance music scene at that time? if you were then you should know all this already...and if you werent...well hopefully what i just said helps you understand a bit better.

I knew you were gonna say this. That's your interpretation. Not very different from my view.

I guess you mean Goa evolved to more techy stuff like for instance the Delta. It EVOLVED like everything that isn't dead. GOA EVOLVED to subgenres like psytrance.

And yeah I was there since '98.

But this is totally besides the point. If you don't like Hallucinogen, man I don't care.

Fact is that I like him, among others. Don't go talkin' like that about me cause you don't fuckin' know me nor do you know all of his fans. RESPECT as opposed to narrow-mindedness.

PEACE

That's just because your mouth oozes BS that it makes me sick. I'm not gonna begin to gather all your lame and weak qoutes.

I knew you were gonna say this. That's your interpretation. Not very different from my view.

I guess you mean Goa evolved to more techy stuff like for instance the Delta. It EVOLVED like everything that isn't dead. GOA EVOLVED to subgenres like psytrance.

And yeah I was there since '98.

But this is totally besides the point. If you don't like Hallucinogen, man I don't care.

Fact is that I like him, among others. Don't go talkin' like that about me cause you don't fuckin' know me nor do you know all of his fans. RESPECT as opposed to narrow-mindedness.

PEACE

seriously...you need to check yourself.

i never said word 1 about you. i never insulted you or claimed to know anything about you.

do not do it to me.

i dont give a rats ass what kind of music you like...listen to anything and everything what do i care?

it was you who started arguing with me not the other way around.

so maybe you need to think before using words like "respect" and maybe dont go around trying to tell other people theyre wrong when you dont know shit about shit about what they are talking about.

if you werent in the same places as me at the same time as me...just who the fuck are you to try to tell me im wrong about what ive seen and experienced?

i just went and reread this whole thread...and youve been combative the entire time being insulting, calling everyone who doesnt agree with you a lazy fuck...

thank you for proving my point about the type of people who like simon posford.

next.

seriously...you need to check yourself.

Check.

i never said word 1 about you. i never insulted you or claimed to know anything about you.

do not do it to me.

I'm a Hallucinogen fan, the same for AP. I don't like Skazi though he's KILLARGH and I hate IF. You claimed all sorts of things about people like me.

i dont give a rats ass what kind of music you like...listen to anything and everything what do i care?

I love you too.

it was you who started arguing with me not the other way around.

Think before you start posting then.

so maybe you need to think before using words like "respect" and maybe dont go around trying to tell other people theyre wrong when you dont know shit about shit about what they are talking about.

Hey what's new.

if you werent in the same places as me at the same time as me...just who the fuck are you to try to tell me im wrong about what ive seen and experienced?

Oh yeah I forgot. THE ORACLE. I'm not judging anything just your narrow-mindedness.

i just went and reread this whole thread...and youve been combative the entire time being insulting, calling everyone who doesnt agree with you a lazy fuck...

Now that would be stupid, wouldn't it?

Don't twist my words. I never said that anywhere. Where is the fuckin' quote?

thank you for proving my point about the type of people who like simon posford.

And still you are generalising, you haven't proved anything.

I'm not the only one replying to your posts am I?

The only thing I shouldn't have done was replying. That's the end of it for me.

Check.

I'm a Hallucinogen fan, the same for AP. I don't like Skazi though he's KILLARGH and I hate IF. You claimed all sorts of things about people like me.

I love you too.

Think before you start posting then.

Hey what's new.

Oh yeah I forgot. THE ORACLE. I'm not judging anything just your narrow-mindedness.

Now that would be stupid, wouldn't it?

Don't twist my words. I never said that anywhere. Where is the fuckin' quote?

And still you are generalising, you haven't proved anything.

I'm not the only one replying to your posts am I?

The only thing I shouldn't have done was replying. That's the end of it for me.

well i dont know why you bothered to quote me there...you didnt even say anything related to the quotes...

but since you asked...heres the fuckin' quote...dumb ass

if you like Simon's music you should have already voted. If you didn't you're a lazy f**ker.

you wanna keep playing? if you do...at least try making it interesting. youre too easy

This was a fun little scuffle to read! Ouroboros, you're pretty much right about the crowds being the same, which does suck, and the hippies do smell bad but we can forgive them for that. You did really come across as an ass, and I don't think anyone here can understand how much you dislike Simon Posford's MUSIC. And if you do, why the fuck did you go to so many of his shows? Makes no sense to me, you sound more like a troll than anything else. And now I've taken the bait...

This was a fun little scuffle to read! Ouroboros, you're pretty much right about the crowds being the same, which does suck, and the hippies do smell bad but we can forgive them for that. You did really come across as an ass, and I don't think anyone here can understand how much you dislike Simon Posford's MUSIC. And if you do, why the fuck did you go to so many of his shows? Makes no sense to me, you sound more like a troll than anything else. And now I've taken the bait...

well if you think im trolling thats fine...

but...if you read the entire thing youll see that my initial comment was fairly innocuous...fairly.

i did call sp an egotistical twat...but other than that all i did was make a comparison about the other kinds of acts his fans seem to like.

i was then immediately pounced upon by people who claimed i said things i didnt say...so i was correcting them.

im not sure why you think i come across as an ass...and also say that im right.

i dont mind so much that they smell...hey sometimes its hot and people sweat...sometimes i smell im sure....its that patchouli oil...it makes me sick.

anyways....i tried to keep it civil until i started being insulted.

as for your question....ive seen him at a few festivals...and the times they were shows...i went either for the other acts...or simply cuz i had nothing better to do that night.

and as disliking his music...i dont exactly dislike it, but i dont like it either. i said he was over rated....i didnt say he sucked balls.

im not trolling....i had an opinion that a couple of people didnt like so i got flamed....im always up for a good argument so i played along.

its all fun to me :D